Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #1

Question New Shamrock 233S ordered

Ordered our 233S in Oct and we're expecting it sometime in the middle of Jan. I'm dying to get my hands on the RV, and it's going to be agony waiting until it warms up to head out.

Just wondering if any other 233S owners have any recommendations, or heads up about potential issues, or other recommended gadgets/add-ons.

We ordered all of the options on the RV, except the headed holding tanks. I've got the Prodigy controler, 10K Equilizer Hitch ready to roll. I'm told it's best to wait until I get the RV to measure for a RV cover. TV is a 2008 Yukon XL Denali.

Thanks!
DocWisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on the new Hybrid!!

not a lot of 233S owners here or on any of the RV forums.

lots of 233 and 23SS owners though and there really isn't that much different with them.
in fact, the 233 and the 233S are basically the same trailer except the slide for the dinette.

also, remember that the Roo 233S is the twin sister to the Shamrock 233S.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #3

I did see that the Roo/Shamrock are twins. I picked a Shamrock because the dealer was 30 minutes away from me, as opposed to the nearest Roo dealer which was 75 minutes away.

BTW - The new Roo/Shamrock 2011 brochures were just posted on the FR site. It lists the new colors for 2011 (Leaf, Sedona, Siesta Sand). We picked Sedona.
DocWisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #4

I had a Trail Lite 21 BHS that had one popout tent, the one gadget I thought was worth it, especially in the heat, were the thermal blankets to put on top of the tent. I ordered an extra large one so it came down on the sides to help keep the heat out. It also kept the trailer darker when my son would take a nap. I don't remember the website, you obviously would need three, it really helped keep the trailer cooler in the middle of the day during summer camping. We used ours even in the spring and fall.
fbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbroussard View Post
I had a Trail Lite 21 BHS that had one popout tent, the one gadget I thought was worth it, especially in the heat, were the thermal blankets to put on top of the tent. I ordered an extra large one so it came down on the sides to help keep the heat out. It also kept the trailer darker when my son would take a nap. I don't remember the website, you obviously would need three, it really helped keep the trailer cooler in the middle of the day during summer camping. We used ours even in the spring and fall.
PopupGizmos
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #6

GIZMO Website

Thanks, could not remember.

Tags
233, 233s, expandable, hybrid, shamrock