Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #1

Question New Shamrock 233S Ordered

Hi Folks,

Just signed up to this forum. :-)

I love the 233S and want to ship one to AU. there are some Compliance issues I need to address first, but the big on is ensuring the entry door is on the other side of the trailer. Does anyone know or could you ask around if it is possible to swap/mirror the floor plan on these units?

Other challenges will be LPG fittings and piping, power cabling to AU standard. It would be great to be able to fly to the manufacturer's while it is being built and make the changes, but I'm guessing forest river may be too larger company to support this kind of thing.

Any thoughts?
zoomzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:29 AM   #2
Site Team

i think you're correct in assuming FR is too big a company to do this kind of customizing on an assembly line.
if you were talking a million dollar Motorhome, yes, but a trailer that sells in the U.S. for $16,000, no.
if you were dealing with a much smaller company, then maybe.

i don't know of any type of FR RV that can have such a radical change in its floorplan done.
you might have better luck with Jayco Australia in getting something like the 233S floorplan.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:04 AM   #3

Hi Bikendan,

233S is amazing value for money from an AU standpoint. Something like this unit if you could get it in OZ would cost $55 - $60k+. Now AUD is 1:1 with the USD, it is tempting to find a smaller company that produces great products and put the challenge to them.

If anyone knows a few, pls drop me a line. :-)

Oh, I'm feeling like I am hijacking this thread, very sorry. ;-P
Old 01-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1st of all, to the forum !!!

I started a new thread for your posts, instead of being tacked on to the other thread.

Just how important is the reversed entry door ?? I think there are some members here that use their campers in the UK, so maybe they can give you ideas.

I think another problem would be the power converter and appliances. We use 120 volt, 60 cycle while Australia has 240 volt, 50 cycle.

Probably the best bet would be to contact FR and even see if they will ship to Australia.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #5

Hi Mtnguy,

Spoke to one of the FR reps. They tell me they do not do special builds. Yep, you are correct with the power, the power, etc would need to be addressed when it arrives in AUS.

Bummer!

ps. Thanks for starting the new thread. :-)

Tags
233, 233s, expandable, hybrid, shamrock