Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #1

New to Roo

New member - I posted this in the Welcome Mat, but figured I'd add down here to the fellow Roos. I've gone from the tent, to a pup, and now to the Roo. I forgot to mention in the below my newest hurdle is to learn and master the dumping of the tanks. Any suggested posts about the Roo in this area???

Well I am pretty new to the whole camping thing. Two years ago, my wife and I bought a 2007 Fleetwood Cheyenne Pop Up. Yesterday, I traded it in on a left over 2008 Rockwood 21SS Roo. I pick it up next Monday.

We enjoyed the Pop Up, but never really camped too much. We felt it was a bit cumbersome hauling stuff in and out of it and only being able to do that when you cranked her up and down. We not quite ready to go full fledged – but we wanted a Bathroom, Kitchen, and nice sitting area – without me hauling a monster behind and having white knuckles (remember I said I am pretty new to this whole thing). I cannot believe the floor plan openness in this thing, and my wife loves it.

We go on our maiden voyage next week Wednesday for 4 nights at a state park.

Anyway, sorry I am rambling I just wanted to say, “Hi”.

Nik
4WallCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to FRF and the Roo Krew!!!

i answered to your posts on RV.net Open Roads Hybrid Forum.

hoping we continue to get more Roo/Shamrock owners here.
it's nice to discuss issues/ideas specific to our trailers.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #3

It is best to use a lot of water in black tank (sewer)and when you dump always dump the black tank first then dump the gray this will help rinse out your dump hose a little for when you have to disconnect then rinse it with a hose and when or if you get a full hook up site (a site with a sewer connection ) keep your sewer valve close untill you need to dump it do not leave it open as it will develop the Brown Mountain (yuck) Good luck and enjoy your new camper
Old 08-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #4

Hi, Our family just purchased a 2010 21ss Roo, and towing it with a 2009 Honda Ridgeline. We love it!! We went from a tent to a tent trailer and now the ROO. I can't believe the space it gives us.

The only issue we have had is the slide out blowing fuses constantly. We learned the night before ( 1230am) a big trip that the fuse is located near the battery on the tongue in a small black case. ( holds a 30 amp fuse) We brought it back to the dealer and learned that we were holding the button to long.
gendrons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo