Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #1
MarcKc

New HTT

So we just bought a new 2019 Rockwood Roo 23bds. We pick it up on October 5th. Going from a popup to a TT so any advice or experiences from people who have this rig would be extremely welcome. Can't wait to get out there. 😀
Lyrd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
Multi-Slacker

Welcome from SoCal!
Old 09-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #3

Welcome from SW FL ... Enjoy
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #4

Welcome from Florida
Luckydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
Site Team

Actually you have a HTT(Hybrid Travel Trailer).
Be sure to start posting in and reading the Roo/Shamrock sub-forum.
Which is where I moved this thread.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:57 AM   #6

Have a great time with it. Recommend that you check out Popup Gizmos (PUGS) - (if you had these with your popup - then you are familiar with them). They work with the HTT.

The easiest way to close the beds is the "fan trick". Close all windows and doors to the trailer, turn on the exhaust fans on high and that pulls a vacuum (you will see the tenting get sucked in) - makes it easy to close the bunks.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:50 PM   #7
Site Team

Just to let other Roo/Shamrock owners, the OP's Roo is a new floorplan. It's a regular MiniLite/MicroLite trailer with a single canvas bunk end in the rear.
Not sure if Bob at PUGs, has one for this model yet, especially it only having one bunk end.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 09-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #8

Came out of a pop up as well and you’re going to love the connivence of set up and tear down. You’ll also like the full size fridge and the ability to stock it all up before you leave.. As far as tips, not sure what you’re towing with but a good Weight Distribution Hitch helps a lot especially if you are towing with a half ton truck, or SUV.. As far as stocking it before you leave, you want to run the fridge a day before and get it good and cold before putting your food in it. If a short trip of a few hours or less, no need to run the fridge while on the road. If more, run it off propane.
Curt Trutrack WDH
HD Roadmaster Active Suspension
3200 Firman Generator/Inverter
njfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:34 PM   #9
MarcKc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Just to let other Roo/Shamrock owners, the OP's Roo is a new floorplan. It's a regular MiniLite/MicroLite trailer with a single canvas bunk end in the rear.
Not sure if Bob at PUGs, has one for this model yet, especially it only having one bunk end.
I thought the BDS roos had been around for a few years? In fact our local dealer told us Rockwood had discontinued the bds floorplan although we can't find any evidence of that. This floor plan that allows our teenage daughter to have her own little area back there combined with the better build quality we saw in this length and type of trailer really sold us.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:24 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrd44 View Post
I thought the BDS roos had been around for a few years? In fact our local dealer told us Rockwood had discontinued the bds floorplan although we can't find any evidence of that. This floor plan that allows our teenage daughter to have her own little area back there combined with the better build quality we saw in this length and type of trailer really sold us.
It first came out in the 2018 Roo/Shamrock line.
And FR has it listed for the 2020 line.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:59 PM   #11
MarcKc

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfishing View Post
Came out of a pop up as well and you’re going to love the connivence of set up and tear down. You’ll also like the full size fridge and the ability to stock it all up before you leave.. As far as tips, not sure what you’re towing with but a good Weight Distribution Hitch helps a lot especially if you are towing with a half ton truck, or SUV.. As far as stocking it before you leave, you want to run the fridge a day before and get it good and cold before putting your food in it. If a short trip of a few hours or less, no need to run the fridge while on the road. If more, run it off propane.
TV is a 1500 Silverado with a ez lift 1000 pound WDH plus sway. Should pull pretty nicely from what I've seen here and on other forums. I'm aware of the lead time needed to get a camper fridge cold, you would think someone would put out one that gets cold faster but I guess that's the sacrifice for 2 or 3 way appliances. It is indeed going to be nice to be able to just stock the camper and even nicer they amount of gear that can just live in it. [emoji16]