Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2016, 09:41 PM   #21

My Way

I always pressurize my system from the city supply prior to heading out OR whenever I have a fresh water supply. Then I fill my tank. If I fill my FW tank and than pressurize the system I loose many gallons of fresh water. In this manner the water heater is always full when I fill. If you are filling your tank, you have water so also use the city water hook up to fill the system.

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 12:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidceder View Post
I always pressurize my system from the city supply prior to heading out OR whenever I have a fresh water supply. Then I fill my tank. If I fill my FW tank and than pressurize the system I loose many gallons of fresh water. In this manner the water heater is always full when I fill. If you are filling your tank, you have water so also use the city water hook up to fill the system.
I had to read this a couple of times.

I'm assuming what you really meant to say was that you FILL your system from the city water supply prior to heading out?

Simply pressurizing an already full system would not take gallons of water, but filling the system will, no matter what the pressure.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, hot water, water, water heater