Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #1

No water pressure in shower??

Memorial Day Weekend was the 4th trip in the Roo 21SS - 2 trips last fall & now 2 trips this spring. Same campground, same site all 4 trips. No issues with the shower on the previous 3 trips, but when I tried to take a shower on Saturday, there was NO water pressure. The water just sort of trickled out. I had a really hard time getting my hair wet enough to shampoo - and then rinse out the shampoo. I thought it might be because the campground was full and a lot of other campers were probably taking showers around the same time. (The campground gets water from their own well rather than city water.) And then I thought that maybe I didn't turn the water hookup on as much as I did previously. So I turned up the water - no difference. And when the campground started to empty out - still no difference. I didn't notice any reduction in water pressure in either sink, so the problem seems to be just in the shower. Could it be an issue with the shower head? I seem to remember several people mentioning changing out the shower head in some other threads. Any suggestions?

Molly, my camping cockapoo, crossed the Rainbow Bridge in May 2020. She was almost 18. Still miss her.
My new companion is Maggie, a maltipoo. She was a year old in April.
AMarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:47 PM   #2

Check out the oxygenics thread
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:12 PM   #3

Are you using a pressure regulator? Maybe something's wrong with it.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:15 PM   #4

I had a similar problem about 2 years ago, turns out my anode on hot water heater crumbled and plugged the shower head also plugged up the toilet inlet. Had to take every thing apart and clean out the white flakey junk. I have now elected to not use anodes any longer. I just drain the system in winter and it gets used enough during summer that it gets flushed regular.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:27 PM   #5

I don't use a regulator & I replaced the anode at the start of the season. Last trip was less than a month earlier & the water pressure was fine. Nothing was different - the camper hadn't even been moved. (I disconnected everything when we left so the camper could be moved, but they didn't need the site so it sat in the same place.)

I like the sound of the Oxygenics Body Spa RV model. All the reviews are glowing. Think I'll probably give that a try.

Molly, my camping cockapoo, crossed the Rainbow Bridge in May 2020. She was almost 18. Still miss her.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:03 AM   #6

Not sure of this is the case but there is a button on the shower head that is supposed to be a shut off to allow you to save water without having to shut off the valves. Could this have been pushed in and you did not notice? Mine used to trickle before I got the oxygenetics.

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s, PI HW30-C, Equalizer 10k 4 way hitch,
Grizzlygibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #7

It does have a shutoff button on the side of the handle. One way is off & the other is on. Pushed it back & forth several times. Since water still trickles out even when the button is in the "off" position, it was hard to tell on from off!

It's just so weird that it worked fine a month ago and nothing was different.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #8

If pressure is good at the sinks, there is a good chance something is clogging the shower head. Can you remove the shower head and test water coming out of shower hose?
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
Mod free 5er

Pull the shower nozzle off the hose, throw the restrictor in the trash and clean the debris out of the nozzle. Remove the hose completely and look for another restrictor where the hose connects to the faucet. Reinstall everything without the restrictors.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #10
Denver, CO

X2
Old 06-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #11

Taking off the shower head & checking pressure without the head was my next thought. I'll have to wait till the next trip though. I'm home & the Roo is at the campground. I had a similar issue with the bathroom sink right from the start. Water only trickled out - you could barely wash your hands. Unscrewed the fitting on the faucet & found a small plastic fitting. I don't know if it was supposed to be a restrictor or some kind of aereator but it now resides in a kitchen drawer & water pressure in the bathroom sink is now great.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #12

Two of my faucetts did the same thing thing, I removed the aerators and found plastic burrs in the screens. Once cleaned out, they've been problem free.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Pull the shower nozzle off the hose, throw the restrictor in the trash and clean the debris out of the nozzle. Remove the hose completely and look for another restrictor where the hose connects to the faucet. Reinstall everything without the restrictors.
Yes.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #14

I'm currently experiencing the same problem. We have been parked for 1 1/2 months with no pressure/water issues. Suddenly the water in the shower was reduced to a trickle. I turned the shower off, then restarted and flow was fine for 5 seconds then back to a trickle. Have replaced the shower head but no change. Checked hose and shower head and all is clear and flow through shower hose is fine without head attached. All other taps work without issues. Checked water pressure and flow and there have been no changes. What is causing the shower flow to be reduced to a trickle?
crackers@sympatico.ca
Crackers27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:09 AM   #15
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackers27 View Post
I'm currently experiencing the same problem. We have been parked for 1 1/2 months with no pressure/water issues. Suddenly the water in the shower was reduced to a trickle. I turned the shower off, then restarted and flow was fine for 5 seconds then back to a trickle. Have replaced the shower head but no change. Checked hose and shower head and all is clear and flow through shower hose is fine without head attached. All other taps work without issues. Checked water pressure and flow and there have been no changes. What is causing the shower flow to be reduced to a trickle?
Disconnect the hose from the shower head and the faucet and look for metal restrictors, throw them in the trash and reassemble.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:26 AM   #16

Quote:
The only thing in the water system that could have changed is the filter may have become clogged so I replaced the filter and nothing changed. We have a 2104 Georgetown XL. There are no restricters in the lines. If you push the "off" button on the shower head for about 5 seconds, when you release same the flow/pressure is good for another 5 seconds, then back to a trickle. This defys any flow/pressure logic and I'm at a total loss. crackers@sympatico.ca (please do not remove my email address)
Crackers27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:48 AM   #17
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

You don't state if the pressure at the sinks is OK. Take off the shower head from the hose and see if you get pressure.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:16 AM   #18
Mod free 5er

Suspect you have a defective shower head.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:37 AM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
There are no restricters in the lines. If you push the "off" button on the shower head for about 5 seconds, when you release same the flow/pressure is good for another 5 seconds, then back to a trickle.

This is what a restriction somewhere looks manifests itself as ..

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:55 AM   #20

As long as there aren't any obstructions in the line, then I would invest in an Oxygenetics shower head. That made a world of difference for us.
drhuggybear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, show, shower, water