Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #81

I'm still waiting on reimbursement from last Junes repairs. And Julys and Septembers. And parts. In April the galley drain broke under the trailer where the tank and line connect. Still no parts.
To say I'm pissed is an understatement
Old 01-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #82

I agree that where you buy is important for some things, however an RV is probably no going to give problems while sitting at home. If it happens on a trip your local dealer is no longer local, so the factory is much more important than the local dealer.
jacknel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #83

I had some issues the first season with my camper and was pretty vocal on here about it myself. My dealer service department and FR worked through my complaints and repaired every issue I brought up, no questions asked. They were very patient with me and treated me well, and there were a couple of times that I probably wouldn't have been as nice to me as they were. A couple of what I thought were major issues that really lit my fuse turned out to be sheer ignorance of how the systems worked on my part. I thought I was an RVing pro and only half paid to attention during my walkthrough. Turns out I could've stood to listen a little more closely. Anyway, in hindsight I couldn't have asked for better customer service than what I got. I'm very happy with my fifth wheel now. We used it all the 2012 season without a problem of any kind and really enjoyed it.

Incidentally, I took the liberty at one time to go check out a Keystone forum, and you'll see dissatisfied customers there, too. It is the nature of the beast that those who are frustrated are the most vocal, and these forums give them an opportunity to vent. That is not to diminish the frustration. The RV industry as a whole could benefit from improved initial quality programs and a move toward a more automobile-like dealer/manufacturer relationship. Most people buy an RV believing that the warranty is good at any dealer of that manufacturer's products, when that isn't always the case. Sometimes the dealer you buy it from won't even honor the warranty if they don't feel like they can make money on the work. It really does pay to do a little homework on that before you buy. I feel fortunate to have had an excellent dealer service department to work with.

Good luck to those of you who are having problems. I think FR is more than willing to stand behind their products. Keep in mind that parts supply issues aren't always the fault of the manufacturer. Most suppliers deal in "just in time delivery" due to headaches brought on by Sarbanes-Oxley regulations, so the factory itself may have lead times on parts that they have no control over.

Happy Camping!
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #84
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by platokidd View Post
Prime time .... dont think I like there quality of workmanship to well.
List of shabby workmanship toooo long write . Then they deny my claims or do not allow enough time to my dealer (General Rv) to get the job done. Thus General rv dont want to do the work.!
Leaves the customer very frustrated and no place to turn. Next unit will not be a Prime time forest river product!!
UPDATE...
After writing the above post and posting on google linked to General RV I was contacted the next day By Jon from General Rv main office.
After several emails and a few weeks There was a major turn around in how we were treated and taken care of. Like night turning to day.
All of the issue with my unit were taken care of.
Now I have traded that unit in for a upgrade unit from General rv.
Hope I have better luck with this unit!! But I am more confident General rv and forest river will stand behind there units and there customers.
Thanks to Jon at General Rv and Roger and others at Prime time forest river.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #85

New trailers, no matter who they were manufactured by will have issues, some small and some large.

Now with that being said I will tell my story of my new work and play that I special ordered in November and took delivery of in Feb of this year. Let me start by saying it is the most gorgeous and functional trailer I have owned (it is #12 of many manufacturers). It gets comments and wow can we look inside questions every time we have had it out. I picked it up at the plant in Goshen and was welcomed by everyone there as if I was family, and still feel that way.

Did I have problems,,,oh yes,,,more than I like to remember, were they big or little,, well they were huge to me,,but in reality rather small and easily corrected. I hate to say I had problems the very first time we used it, and the second time as well. I was disappointed and brought it to the attention of the warranty department, who truly took the position of what is the easiest way for us to correct this for you,, wow does that ease the anxiety.I had a trip planned that was going to take me within about 6 hours of their plant, I offered to take it back to them, they agreed, I was happy and all was taken care of, one funny side note my fridge failed while it was in their plant having repairs done, no problem, dometic is just down the street and a rep was there in a matter of 20 minutes. I was introduced to him by the plant manager and he had he look of fear as oh no an angry customer. I shook his hand, said I understand, things fail, he looked shocked, instantly said to the plant manager to replace it, even the plant manager was surprised. We talked for a good half hour about their products and quality control, he said that my attitude,,a good one got it replaced instead of repaired,,plus he wanted it to take back for testing to see where they failed.

After a long day there I was completed, and as others stated even things that I hadn't noticed or really cared about had been corrected. I had questioned them as to why when I ordered the cabinets in the garage I was told I could only get one four foot on each side as I wanted two but was told there wasn't enough room. I measured it when I got home and there was room, a $400 add on sale they missed. When we did our final walk through they said thanks for bringing the cabinet mistake to their attention as no one measured, and when we went into the cargo area I had another set of cabinets on the wall, and was told it was for my inconvenience,,WOW.

I have had no issues since, will definately buy more forest river products, and truly feel I made a few friends along the way. Be nice, don't threaten law suits etc, they don't want that any more than we do. I was in their place once where every time my phone rang it was a problem, a happy jovial person was a pleasure to deal with.

Now let's go camping and have fun !!!
thunderalley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #86
Denver, CO

Does your attitude have a correlation to your experiance? I often wonder about how some of the extreme experiences, both good and bad relate to the expectations and attitude of the customers.

General question, not specific to this thread.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #87
Steve & Phyllis

We have had several warranty issues but the dealer has gone out of his way to make it right. This is second camper we have bought from Bob Ledfords Adventure RV and they have been wonderful about fixing stuff. I know I know you shouldn't have to fix stuff on a new camper but from what I read the price the model and the type are not deciding factors in how many problems you will have. When we upgrade in a few years I am sure it will come from them because of price combined with service.
SteveBingham52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
law, led pad, lemon, roo problems, warranty