Old 06-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #41
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResQMoore View Post
I will say this though- We did speak to a Greg I think it was in the complaints department and he got the ball rolling today.
Gregg Rollins is the warranty guy for the Roo and a few other brands.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #42

Still no part or contact from FR. Will be calling Gregg tomorrow. I'm getting sick of this- I want my money back.

Whelen warning setup, VHF/UHF radio, CIPA slip on mirrors & brakeman compact
ResQMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #43

Are you good sam club member. Iremember seeing something on their site that they have assisted hundreds if not thousands of campers get things straightened out.
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Are you good sam club member. Iremember seeing something on their site that they have assisted hundreds if not thousands of campers get things straightened out.
I believe so- We got that at our local Camping World.

Update: things are not going well- Will post an update soon- Still waiting to hear back from FR.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #45

we pick up our surveyor sv 305 friday. since we were burned big time on a 2005 rinker boat, the pdi on this unit will be long and thorough. if you think the problems on new rv's are bad, go buy a new boat.in two years we had 30 major items replaced at r*****s cost.the final straw for me and most owners of this model year was the gelcoat turning white. really looks good with a blue hull happy to say the company that built the boat is OOB. we are looking forward to rest and relaxation with this rv. let you know how we make out
Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #46

Not a Happy Camper because I'm not Camping!

Well I am supposed to be camping in VT this week, but since the trailer is still not fixed, I'm still home. The local dealer has been working hard to fix the trailer and the only item still pending is the slideout. The part that FR sent, sprocket for the slide-out, broke again during operation at the dealer and they are trying to narrow down the problem. This is unacceptable. The trailer has been out of service for more than 30 days and the parts keep breaking. I'm ready to be done with this Roo and try something else because I was sold a lemon.

I can't blame the local dealer at all- they have been great so far. Mike is also unsure of why this is occurring and has been working on contacting the manufacturers of the individual parts in the Roo.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #47

We too have had a few problems with our new trailer, 1st off got a really crappy walk through from our dealer, they were upset because my husband could not get off work to be there, all they wanted to show me was how to run out the slides and the awning and I'm pretty sure if my 3 year old grandon could reach the buttons he could do it. Guess what they didn't understand is anytime we have a problem I am the person they have to deal with and sometimes I am just not a happy camper. Our problems were carbonmonoxide/propane dector would go off randomly for no apperent reason(replaced), table top broke on side where end comes out(replaced), toilet flush lever broke and poped off in flush position, husband had to rig so it would work(entire toilet has since been replaced), rivet that hold step together sheared off while I was going up step (dealer has replaced with nut and bolt, and something new has been order for permanent repair) and last but certainly not least the awning rolls up crooked and wrinkled(they were unable to straighten at last service as they were unable to bring trailer in shop and it was windy) also the awning looks to have some long bubbles in it, one of the service techs said that it is nothing to worry about and normal, not so sure about that. The awning tube also has a distinctive bow in it when you look at it from the side and I will be staying on them until these last issues with the awning are resolved. So far everything has been covered under the warranty and personally I think our dealers service department is sick of me and so hopefully they will get the awning issues taken care of soon.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06081969 View Post
It is amazing how many folks think this type of service is okay. It is not okay. The reason you see people on this forum complaining is that in a lot of cases, they are frustrated beyond their wits and don't know what else to do. If ever an industry needed to be taken down a notch, it's the RV industry. It is not okay to charge someone anywhere from 30 to 60K or more for a new trailer and then it not even be functional. That just is not okay. Yes, the OPs dealer should have found and corrected most of these issues on a PDI, but there shouldn't have been this many issues to begin with. Have I mentioned that this is NOT okay?
I couldn't agree with this statement more. This is true with most anything you buy today.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #49

we did our 2 1/2 hour walk thru in 100 degree heat. person who showed us how everything worked was on the ball. we found a frayed carpet, a seperated corner molding. tv not hooked up to dvr/cd/radio. and a couple of other minor items that was written on the we owe list for the dealership to fix. sorta got a little scared when doing the paperwork the clerk kept telling us to take care of the roof, check the roof, make sure you check all the caulking,i asked why, answer most of their repair work for all brands are roof repairs , rotted roofs, leaky roofs please check your roof. and the power stabilizers did.t have a fuse/ breaker in the power panel. there has got to be one somewhere as i think that item is subject to overload a lot. with all the drains and bypasses winterizing ought to be a snap compared to a boat. we get it delivered to our site on monday so we will report back once we get settledgene
Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #50

I'm done playing games and I'm done with Forest River. I am still not camping and my camper is STILL in the shop needing yet MORE PARTS for an INOPERABLE SLIDE-OUT.

Tags
law, led pad, lemon, roo problems, warranty