Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #51

Have you asked your dealer to lend you a loaner until your trailer gets the parts they are waiting for.? In some case like yours I am sure they can do something for you!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
Have you asked your dealer to lend you a loaner until your trailer gets the parts they are waiting for.? In some case like yours I am sure they can do something for you!
Unfortunately in the case of rentals our local dealer does not have a big enough operation to support it. We asked forest river about locating us a rental and they refused. Our local dealer is family owned and operated which is a big bonus for service, plus we have been customers of his for years prior.

As far as I can tell our trailer is still not fixed and needed more parts as of Monday (ram for the slide out). We left on our camping trip and stayed in a cabin for two nights and a hotel last night. I have some awesome video and pictures of a storm that ripped through. A reminder that when it storms to bring canopies/awnings in and to consider bringing the bunk ends in. A couple trailers experienced severe damage and our friends lost their ez-up even though it was tied down with three "dog screw stakes".

We are picking up a new trailer today at a place our friends have bought 3 trailers from in Burlington VT- a keystone passport ultra light 235exp. They are going to be using the equalizer hitch system- so I will post a comparison review between that and the dual cam I used on the roo.

Whelen warning setup, VHF/UHF radio, CIPA slip on mirrors & brakeman compact
ResQMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #53

I finally got my cheque from FR for repairs I had to pay for and then submit the bill - from last September 2 days after we took ownership.

Took the cheque to the bank to pay it on my Visa card and was told the cheque has a 15 day hold on it because its drawn on a USA bank.
Can we never win?
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #54

ResQ,

Do you have two campers now or is the Passport a loaner?
Old 07-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Took the cheque to the bank to pay it on my Visa card and was told the cheque has a 15 day hold on it because its drawn on a USA bank. ?
This is typical Canadian bank. Even though they get the money, they still don't release it for the full 15 days because they can.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #56

Warranty

I got an extra warranty from the dealer. Too bad no one wants to honor it. I called the place I purchased it from and they said August 18th was their first opening. Really???!!! It was July 2nd when I called. So I called another dealer. They are not interested in doing the work. Does FR pay less than these places charge for labor?? Is it out the door too bad so sad with this company? I'm thinking I made a big mistake. I had not one problem with my last trailer. Maybe I should have stayed with that manufacturer. I bought this trailer January 2012 and have been out only three times. Kitchen drawers broken, leak under trailer, refrigerator door will not stay closed in transit, one of the plug in fans is broken. Looks like I will have to fix all these myself. Just venting.....
Old 07-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrician549 View Post
ResQ,

Do you have two campers now or is the Passport a loaner?
Yes two campers now- and we're going to get rid of the roo as soon as we can
Old 07-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #58

ResQMoore: it is too bad you ending up like this. No trailers are perfect and the part you need should not have taken this long for shipping. I have a feeling someone is responsable for this long waiting time and not being able to use your camper during this peak season. I had my share of problems with my 2011 minilite trailer ( twice at the factory for 2 complete floor change and rear wall plus baggages doors etc ) but my dealer was always there to help right away and even if my warranty was over they did it. I am now very happy with my trailer. I know the waiting time can be very painfull and even if you go for another brand I am sure that you will find theirs problems also. Forest Rivers is the biggest makers in the word and they have the power to back up their products. looks at how many makers went belly up and were bought by Forest Rivers. Good luck .
Old 07-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
ResQMoore: it is too bad you ending up like this. No trailers are perfect and the part you need should not have taken this long for shipping. I have a feeling someone is responsable for this long waiting time and not being able to use your camper during this peak season. I had my share of problems with my 2011 minilite trailer ( twice at the factory for 2 complete floor change and rear wall plus baggages doors etc ) but my dealer was always there to help right away and even if my warranty was over they did it. I am now very happy with my trailer. I know the waiting time can be very painfull and even if you go for another brand I am sure that you will find theirs problems also. Forest Rivers is the biggest makers in the word and they have the power to back up their products. looks at how many makers went belly up and were bought by Forest Rivers. Good luck .
I sure do not expect perfection- but I would expect life safety issues to be taken care of before I almost blow myself up on the first camping trip with the unit. Also it should not take longer than 41 days to get a trailer fixed. Yes, the Roo is still not fixed. Not being able to use a camper during peak camping season is unacceptable and is the basis for my request for return on the Roo.

I'm not expecting my new trailer to be problem free- but I am expecting those problems to be taken care of expediently.

Forest River may be the largest manufacturer in the world, but I have to disagree- Forest River has not shown me at all that they have the power to back up their products. Now let me clarify this statement- I am not saying a word about any other brand/model/etc other than the Rockwood Roo specifically. I have no experience with other Forest River Products, but I won't give them another try. I have no faith or trust in the Rockwood Roo models and will never recommend them to anyone.

As I mentioned I purchased a new trailer. The friends we go camping with have bought 3 Keystone Trailers from them and never had any issues with the service. I must echo their comments- It is by far the best RV service I have ever experienced. They gave us a purchase price far below what any other dealer could touch. They expedited our dealer-prep and had our trailer ready to camp in one business day. The walk-through lasted 2.5 hours- and any issues encountered were taken care of on the spot. I covered every inch of that trailer and tested everything out.

I'm still not finished with Forest River, but they have lost me as a customer. Ill keep posting up my progress and hopefully finally when my trailer either gets fixed or returned.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #60
Moderators' Assistant

just a correction, from what i've read, Thor Industries is the largest RV company in the world.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
law, led pad, lemon, roo problems, warranty