Old 10-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #71
Site Team

tracer 2013 26bhs

Prime time .... dont think I like there quality of workmanship to well.
List of shabby workmanship toooo long write . Then they deny my claims or do not allow enough time to my dealer (General Rv) to get the job done. Thus General rv dont want to do the work.!
Leaves the customer very frustrated and no place to turn. Next unit will not be a Prime time forest river product!!

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #72

This is discouraging at best. I met my first ever fellow forest river product owner in the painted desert today. Rather than sharing the glory of our new purchases both of us immediately began lamenting in the shoddy workmanship and cruddy warranty support and how it dampened our vacations. Sad but true!!!

I'm seriously considering painting in the back of my rv "talk to me before you consider a forest river product"

No big issues but doors falling off and fridge quitting with. 4 months are rely unacceptable !!!!

"On the Road" since 8/8/12
Every Day's a New Adventure!
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #73
kwillmott

Tilly - I am sorry to hear that you too are dealing with crappy workmanship from this manufacturer. There are many of us out here. With the amount of wasted money, stress and frustration we all deal with we need to form our own support group. We have bad workmanship and no support from the factory. Have to pay to have work the factory was supposed to have done finished at our dealer so we can sell this trailer and be rid of it.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by platokidd View Post
Prime time .... dont think I like there quality of workmanship to well.
List of shabby workmanship toooo long write . Then they deny my claims or do not allow enough time to my dealer (General Rv) to get the job done. Thus General rv dont want to do the work.!
Leaves the customer very frustrated and no place to turn. Next unit will not be a Prime time forest river product!!
Still frustrated and if woork is not completed ... are you a member of Good Sam Club. They have an mediation sort of service they offer for issues like yours (I may have posted this before so if I did please forgive me)
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #75

Forest River Customer Service
I wanted to thank the forums for giving me the idea of contacting Forest River about a leaking problem I had with my 2010 Rockwood Roo 23ss.

Forest River Customer Service went above and beyond in fixing my issue with my 3 year old camper. Brief History: I purchased it new in 2010 and my family and I love the camper. However, we immediately noticed a tendency to leak through the bed "doors" when closed up. I notified the dealer each year and they looked at it, ran water over it and determined that it was a design flaw and they couldnt do anything. I painstakenly ensured that no canvas was caught in the seals when I closed it up. I ensured that all seals were in place, serviceable and clean. I started searching the forums and saw many suggestions which I tried, to include paying 400.00 to the dealer to recaulk and seal the camper as the caulking was beginning to crack. This year I noticed that the fiberglass surface of the front door was starting to delaminate from the bottom creeping up. The dealer said it was out of warranty and said he'd discuss options on my paying to have it fixed. I saw Gregg Rollins identified as the Warranty rep for Forest River so I contacted him. I detailed exactly how long I had the camper. The issues, what actions I and the dealer had taken to remedy them. I truely did not expect much other than sympathy and advice. I'm a retired Chief Warrant Officer in the Army and my experiance with customer service has not been very good. I cant speak for now but between 1979 and 2000 it was basically, thanks for your money now leave. Typical attitude towards soldiers and families in a military town. I'm not saying everyone is like that. Anyway, 45 minutes after hitting the send button, Gregg called me on the phone. Gregg asked me to email him some pictures which I did. He asked me a few more questions mainly centered around what I had done to maintain the camper, etc. Gregg told me that he could not pay for me to drive it to the plant in Elkhart, IN but if I did, he would fix both doors for me for free. My dealer had quoted me an estimate of around 2000. per door to replace so I gladly took him up on the offer. Nothing prepared me for how I was treated when I arrived. Gregg met me at his office and directed me to the adjacent plant where Floyd was in charge of warranty work, insurance work and "goodwill" work. Floyd confirmed what my issues were and said leave it here and we'll call you when it's done. That was around 0830 that morning. At around 1230 that same afternoon, Floyd called to say it was done. Highly skeptical at the quickness I arrived back at the plant to pick up my camper. Floyd and his crew took the time to show me exactly what they had done. They completely replaced the bed, canvas, etc of both doors with the new integrated doors, canvas and explained how it should solve the leaking problem. While we were talking I began to notice little changes in my camper. Things that were now brand new. One of his workers entered the camper with a part box and handed it to Floyd while he was talking with me. It was a new range cover. I asked what was wrong and Floyd told me that mine had a small dent in it and he was replacing it. Floyd and his crew could easily have stopped at fixing the beds but they also noticed water damage to the rear wall below the bed door. A condition that would have gone unnoticed for some time had they not removed the rear door to replace it. They replaced the entire wall. Built it on the spot and replaced it. No questions asked. The door sits a little lower than the original and that would have caused the spare tire to hit the door when opened. They replaced the spare tire carrier with a new one. They systematically went through the entire camper and replaced anything that in thier mind did not meet thier quality threshold. I was flabbergasted. The professionalism and work ethic that they exhibited was and should be the industry standard. I went back to see Gregg on the way out to thank him and he took the time to come out and check over the camper and talk about Forest River's customer satisfaction philosophy. Gregg told me that many customer's contact them for advice. It was obvious to me that Forest River cares about thier product, thier customers and want to be the best. It's a two way street though guys. You have to put the effort in to properly maintain your camper as well. If an issue arises that you cannot square away, communication is key. If you notice an issue and your camper is new, contact your dealer. If your dealer cannot or will not help you or, the camper is out of warranty and you dont know where to turn, contact Gregg Rollins for advice and assistance. Gregg, Floyd and John Stringer ( I wish I could name everybody) are professionals who mean to do business the right way. Make a quality product, stand by that product and thier customers. I cannot recommend thier products enough and they have a customer for life in me and my family. Gregg's email is grollins@forestriverinc.com Happy camping.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkk2909
Forest River Customer Service
I wanted to thank the forums for giving me the idea of contacting Forest River about a leaking problem I had with my 2010 Rockwood Roo 23ss.

Forest River Customer Service went above and beyond in fixing my issue with my 3 year old camper. Brief History: I purchased it new in 2010 and my family and I love the camper. However, we immediately noticed a tendency to leak through the bed "doors" when closed up. I notified the dealer each year and they looked at it, ran water over it and determined that it was a design flaw and they couldnt do anything. I painstakenly ensured that no canvas was caught in the seals when I closed it up. I ensured that all seals were in place, serviceable and clean. I started searching the forums and saw many suggestions which I tried, to include paying 400.00 to the dealer to recaulk and seal the camper as the caulking was beginning to crack. This year I noticed that the fiberglass surface of the front door was starting to delaminate from the bottom creeping up. The dealer said it was out of warranty and said he'd discuss options on my paying to have it fixed. I saw Gregg Rollins identified as the Warranty rep for Forest River so I contacted him. I detailed exactly how long I had the camper. The issues, what actions I and the dealer had taken to remedy them. I truely did not expect much other than sympathy and advice. I'm a retired Chief Warrant Officer in the Army and my experiance with customer service has not been very good. I cant speak for now but between 1979 and 2000 it was basically, thanks for your money now leave. Typical attitude towards soldiers and families in a military town. I'm not saying everyone is like that. Anyway, 45 minutes after hitting the send button, Gregg called me on the phone. Gregg asked me to email him some pictures which I did. He asked me a few more questions mainly centered around what I had done to maintain the camper, etc. Gregg told me that he could not pay for me to drive it to the plant in Elkhart, IN but if I did, he would fix both doors for me for free. My dealer had quoted me an estimate of around 2000. per door to replace so I gladly took him up on the offer. Nothing prepared me for how I was treated when I arrived. Gregg met me at his office and directed me to the adjacent plant where Floyd was in charge of warranty work, insurance work and "goodwill" work. Floyd confirmed what my issues were and said leave it here and we'll call you when it's done. That was around 0830 that morning. At around 1230 that same afternoon, Floyd called to say it was done. Highly skeptical at the quickness I arrived back at the plant to pick up my camper. Floyd and his crew took the time to show me exactly what they had done. They completely replaced the bed, canvas, etc of both doors with the new integrated doors, canvas and explained how it should solve the leaking problem. While we were talking I began to notice little changes in my camper. Things that were now brand new. One of his workers entered the camper with a part box and handed it to Floyd while he was talking with me. It was a new range cover. I asked what was wrong and Floyd told me that mine had a small dent in it and he was replacing it. Floyd and his crew could easily have stopped at fixing the beds but they also noticed water damage to the rear wall below the bed door. A condition that would have gone unnoticed for some time had they not removed the rear door to replace it. They replaced the entire wall. Built it on the spot and replaced it. No questions asked. The door sits a little lower than the original and that would have caused the spare tire to hit the door when opened. They replaced the spare tire carrier with a new one. They systematically went through the entire camper and replaced anything that in thier mind did not meet thier quality threshold. I was flabbergasted. The professionalism and work ethic that they exhibited was and should be the industry standard. I went back to see Gregg on the way out to thank him and he took the time to come out and check over the camper and talk about Forest River's customer satisfaction philosophy. Gregg told me that many customer's contact them for advice. It was obvious to me that Forest River cares about thier product, thier customers and want to be the best. It's a two way street though guys. You have to put the effort in to properly maintain your camper as well. If an issue arises that you cannot square away, communication is key. If you notice an issue and your camper is new, contact your dealer. If your dealer cannot or will not help you or, the camper is out of warranty and you dont know where to turn, contact Gregg Rollins for advice and assistance. Gregg, Floyd and John Stringer ( I wish I could name everybody) are professionals who mean to do business the right way. Make a quality product, stand by that product and thier customers. I cannot recommend thier products enough and they have a customer for life in me and my family. Gregg's email is grollins@forestriverinc.com Happy camping.
Wow! Just bought a Forest River product and am so glad to hear about the lengths they will apparently go to keep their products serviceable and their customers happy!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #77
kwillmott

I wish that I had the same experience as you. This worker and or crew actually used the old rotten/black mold covered wood and installed it back into the trailer in some areas and our family got sick. Not a good lasting impression when it comes direct from the factory like that.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #78

Where you purchase is more importanr than what you purchase... There is no replacement for service.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #79
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkeyBob View Post
Where you purchase is more importanr than what you purchase... There is no replacement for service.
i beg to disagree.

i bought my Rockwood Roo from a dealer 2000 miles away because it was more than $4500 cheaper than the lowest local dealer out here in California.
for $4500, that'll buy a lot of service work.

FR found local dealers that did the warranty work for the two years of the factory warranty. and i didn't have to pay a thing and it was done right.

the Roo was one of the three best brands i found so it did matter more what i bought, than where i bought.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #80

I had a great experience with FR warranty work. I'm a happy camper again.

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
law, led pad, lemon, roo problems, warranty