Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #1

Not So Happy Camper

Unfortunately in the first 6 weeks of ownership our new 2015 Roo, which the dealer told us they had in stock for less than a month before we bought it has not been exactly trouble free. After the sale support was pretty much nonexistent for the 1st week or so of me trying to get an appointment set up. Finally made one for this week to have the following issues looked at.

1. Wood closeout panel beside the couch fell off didn't make it 150 miles.
2. There is a water leak somewhere between the shower and the floor that leaks out between the floor and side wall above the sewer drain.
3. The door opened on the microwave and the glass plate fell out and broke in the sink. (it wasn't mentioned in the PDI to take it out during travel...now we will).
4. The seal on the door is torn near the latch.

Those issues were found on the maiden week long voyage.

The next list was found on the 2nd trip on Labor Day weekend.
1. The slide out quit working... Had to manually move it.
2. When I was cleaning the red berry stains off the front bunk I found water in the right front corner.

They fixed the slideout by replacing a bad motor in 2 days as I told them I was headed out the next weekend and this needed to be addressed.

Last weekend after a nights worth of rain, both bunk ends leaked enough to get the mattresses wet and chase the wife and I to the dinette at 4am.... Dropped it off this morning and the first thing she said, I don't see your name on the calendar. Wonder when we will get it back?!?!?
upwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Site Team

Sorry to hear about the issues with your Roo. I know that this has to be disappointing to start with. Hopefully everything will be taken care and you are able to start enjoying it.

Good luck!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #3
NELA

Can't help with the other problems, but we cut a pool noodle *just* barely too long to stand up in the microwave. That holds it in place nicely.

(got that tip from someone here on the forum)

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Can't help with the other problems, but we cut a pool noodle *just* barely too long to stand up in the microwave. That holds it in place nicely.

(got that tip from someone here on the forum)
Help me understand what you mean. Are you saying that the noodle holds the glass plate in place if the door open up while traveling?

Old 09-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
Infractee

The door did not just open and the plate fell out, the plate bounced around and hit the door, knocking it open at which time plate exited microwave.
Pool noodle in place, plate does not move nor does it bang into door causing it to open.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #6

Did you season the tent ends ? Also who is your dealer ?

2014 roo 233S. 2008 saab 97x
dado39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:41 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
The door did not just open and the plate fell out, the plate bounced around and hit the door, knocking it open at which time plate exited microwave.
Pool noodle in place, plate does not move nor does it bang into door causing it to open.
So the pool noodle is placed in an upright position? Sorry for the all questions but this sounds like something I want to try.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #8
NELA

Yes Terier, you stand the pool noodle UPRIGHT...cut it just a tad too long so you have to squeeze it in and it'll stay in place.

I've actually cut one too short, so I cut another short piece, slit the side open and forced the upright piece down in to it, forming an upside down T.

The bottom of the upside down T holds it in place even better.

We've hit some awfully rough roads (even popped our Corian counter top sink cutouts up out of the sink last trip out) but the microwave plate never moved with the noodle bracing it.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #9
NELA

And yep, RhoZeta is correct. There's nothing (otherwise) holding the glass plate in place so when you hit rough spots it starts ricocheting around inside the microwave and knocks the door open.

Even if it doesn't pop the door open, the plate bouncing around can break the small white circle with small wheels on it that the plate rotates on.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:21 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dado39 View Post
I was wondering the same thing.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dado39 View Post
X2

Sorry you're having issues with your new Roo. Hopefully it's a seasoning issue with the bunk ends.

@ Weezer - like the pool noodle idea for the microwave, forgot that the plate could pop open the microwave door, I guess we've been lucky so far it's not broken. Especially with our wonderful michigan roads!
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #12

The microwave thing happened to me also. Now I take the glass out and place on the dinette cushion. Only happened once when I realized things need to be held down in a trailer as those suckers bounce around back there. The suspension is not like what we experience in our TV's.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #13
Mod free 5er

I guess the shocks on the trailer do help, we've never had a problem with ours and it is a rear kitchen. Not a bad idea with the pool noodle tho'.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandchris View Post
X2

@ Weezer - like the pool noodle idea for the microwave, forgot that the plate could pop open the microwave door, I guess we've been lucky so far it's not broken. Especially with our wonderful michigan roads!
X4, I've been lucky but can easily see that happening. Thanks for the tip.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #15
Site Team

DW has an item on her "move the trailer checklist" which reads
  • Stow microwave dish
She hides it in a drawer full of dish towels. Works for us!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:47 AM   #16

I never thought about the microwave dish bouncing around and it never came up during the PDI. It makes sense that it bounces around making it prone to breakage. I guess I have a new project and will pickup a pool noodle before they disappear for the season.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #17
Mod free 5er

A small pillow will work also.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:52 AM   #18

Ive hard issues with new Roo also. Old camper was a Forest river and In 10 years never a problem. Same issue with weather strip, air mattress back ordered 8 weeks, fender on slide out came loose on one side, molding holding canvas to bunk is bent and coming off. I guess they dont make them like they did 10 years ago. Oh, I forgot, the fridg is so loud and almost runs constantly. CW will get the list when our season is over in November. Good luck with all your issues!
syogerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #19

I too found my microwave plate on the floor upon returning on my last trip. Wasn't sure how it got out, just assumed that the door wasn't quite shut tight the last time it was used. I will now travel with the plate separately or do the noddle thing.

I also had the small end cap near the couch fall off on the first trip. Apprently, the little tiny staples don't hold very well. I had to reglue and use brad nails to secure it.
nipmuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #20

The wife now stores the temporary micro dish in a drawer. Maybe I'll try the noodle trick!! Great idea!!

As far as the bunks, several people have mentioned the seasoning... I had no idea and was not told. I didn't have any issues in the rain our previous weekend out, but they were 30 min downpours and not an all night soaking rain. I will have to go thru the manuals when I get the camper home to check on what it says that the dealer neglected to mention.
upwings is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper