Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2015, 08:20 AM   #21
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,656
What I have found with my new camper is that the lowest setting for volume (1) is way to loud. Something amiss here but I can deal with it. Usually I'm the one that listens to the radio out side. So I turn the A & B off for inside as the wife maybe watching TV or reading a book. If I want to listen inside I use the bed room speaker as the one in the main area is to loud on it's lowest setting. BTW anybody know how to remove the radio? Later RJD
__________________

__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
What I have found with my new camper is that the lowest setting for volume (1) is way to loud. Something amiss here but I can deal with it. Usually I'm the one that listens to the radio out side. So I turn the A & B off for inside as the wife maybe watching TV or reading a book. If I want to listen inside I use the bed room speaker as the one in the main area is to loud on it's lowest setting. BTW anybody know how to remove the radio? Later RJD
Is it too loud on all inputs? Is FM radio loud, is DVD loud, is the TV loud? That is weird. Remove radio: What kind of radio is it?
__________________

__________________
Evereddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
urocav2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 560
My new unit has an irv brand unit. It's wired a inside right b inside left and c both outside but you can go into the settings and change the balance to only right or left speaker only, only complaint is that when you turn the unit off and back on again it turns all three channels on no matter what and the volume stays where you set it when you turned it off. Trying to look into this on why it does this..


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by urocav2001 View Post
My new unit has an irv brand unit. It's wired a inside right b inside left and c both outside but you can go into the settings and change the balance to only right or left speaker only, only complaint is that when you turn the unit off and back on again it turns all three channels on no matter what and the volume stays where you set it when you turned it off. Trying to look into this on why it does this..


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
My Genesis turns all the speakers on too. I have to remember to turn off outside or the neighbors get drenched in our sound.
__________________
Evereddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:10 PM   #25
Old Ram Guy
 
Avenger61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 129
I have the same problem with the speakers but I did replace the thermostat with this digital thermostat and it was a wire for wire replacement. Took about 15 minutes:

Robot Check
__________________
Marty, Jenice and DD
Avenger61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger61 View Post
I have the same problem with the speakers but I did replace the thermostat with this digital thermostat and it was a wire for wire replacement. Took about 15 minutes:

Robot Check
I did the exact same mod. Love it.
__________________
Evereddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #27
Pockets
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 86
I usually turn off A and crank the volume for C while I cook in the outdoor kitchen
__________________
Bob & Kelley
2015 Flagstaff 26RBSS
2014 FORD F-150 Supercrew 4x4
3.5L Ecoboost, 3:73 axle, Max Tow Pkg

2015(36 nights) 2016(74 nights) 2017(138)
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
deartruc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Southern New England
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddavid View Post
And another question for now: has anyone installed an inline volume control for the outside speakers? To hear them properly outside means someone going deaf inside.



Todd

I found that FR had wired both (A) left and (B) left to the inside spekers. Since the radio has no fader you would use the Balance control to psuedo fade. Not stereo for sure. I posted what I did here:

Genesis gt 2.0 mods

The sub is phenomenal. But it does make my keyrack mod jingle at volume...
__________________

__________________
2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Roo 23 ikss
deartruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
thermostat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.