Old 08-29-2015, 07:18 AM   #31
What are all of you basing your decissions on as far as which generator to buy? Just curious.

Total Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #32
Our real world usage.

It will take a minimum of 2400w to get an a/c started. But then you also have other items which will pull power regardless. So let's say 2800w minimum.

All of the opinions here are from people that are using these units- each has found the unit/units that suit their needs. Then price is always a factor- not everyone wants to pay $1k for a genny that MAY see usage 4 times a year.

I have honda 2000's and the only time I've needed the second one was when I go to storage to fix stuff and I run the a/c there

2014 Stealth Evo 2850- "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7- "Clifford"
2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Track Pack- "Julia"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Imo 3500 is perfect

08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 12:27 PM   #34
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
What are all of you basing your decissions on as far as which generator to buy? Just curious.
#1- quietness.
i want to be a good neighbor if i use a generator in a campground. i've been around campgrounds where someone is using an open-frame contractor style generator and the noise level is disturbing from all over the campground.
by the way, when we camped at Madison in Yellowstone, 10 out of the 12 generators being used one morning, were Honda 2000s. only one was a contractor type and you coudn't here all the other 11 because it was so loud.

#2- quality. i want one that will work without any issues. and if it does, i can get serviced if i have a problem. Honda, Yamaha, Champion are the most proven and supported brands.

#3- power. if i want to run the a/c, then i'll need a minimum of 2400w. but i've been lucky that i have been able to run my a/c with my Honda 2000. but that was only for short experimental times. we rarely camp anywhere that we'll need a/c, since we don't camp in the summertime, due to crowds.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote