Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #1

Ok, what are these things?

We just picked up our brand new 2014 Roo 19 this past Saturday, and all is super nice. However, in the FR bag in the cabinet was a white plastic gizzie with a circle cut out in the end of it. What is this for?
Also, in the Dometic freezer were 2 blue card cut outs with slots, again, what is this for?

Soo excited for our first trip.
jffbrght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
Always Learning

The blue cards are for airing the fridge out:
Old 03-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jffbrght View Post
We just picked up our brand new 2014 Roo 19 this past Saturday, and all is super nice. However, in the FR bag in the cabinet was a white plastic gizzie with a circle cut out in the end of it. What is this for?
Also, in the Dometic freezer were 2 blue card cut outs with slots, again, what is this for?

Soo excited for our first trip.

The two blue cards are used to prop the fridge doors open when not in use. Info on how to insert them should be in the manual.

Not sure what the white thing is without a pic. Might be the water filter wrench. Mine was white.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #4
Always Learning

If the white thing is this:

Its your water filter wrench. You slide it up the bottom of the water filter and use it to loosen and snug it up (it helps to turn off the water and run a sink first to de-pressurize the system).
Old 03-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
The blue cards are for airing the fridge out:
The blue cards type work well. You can smell the difference if you don't use them to keep the doors ajar while the fridge is not in use. I don't recommend driving with them in place because the doors can swing open and make contact with walls or other doors.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to iowaborn
With no pictures I am guessing here, but the plastic "gizzie" may be the water filter housing removal tool. The blue cards must be to hold the refrigerator door open when it us not in use. The door should remain open to allow air circulation. The cards fit on the door latches, trial and error and you will figure how they attach. Did you not get a walk through when you picked up the roo? These should have been explained to you. Happy camping.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
The blue cards type work well. You can smell the difference if you don't use them to keep the doors ajar while the fridge is not in use. I don't recommend driving with them in place because the doors can swing open and make contact with walls or other doors.

I've driven between home and storage with them in without a problem. Just need to make sure they're latched right. In the pic, they're not.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #8
Always Learning

Quote:
Before I knew what these were, I would take a bungee cord from the rack in the freezer to the rack in the fridge and then I had some 12" long twist ties that I would take from the door handles to the bungee cord. Once I had it all setup, it was 17 seconds to hook up.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaborn View Post
Did you not get a walk through when you picked up the roo? These should have been explained to you. Happy camping.
Unfortunately I was in the same boat as the OP. They were hidden in my pile of paperwork and the extent of that was, (points finger) "There's all of the manuals."

To the OP- I think the Dometic fridge gives instructions for how to put these blue cards into place.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I've driven between home and storage with them in without a problem. Just need to make sure they're latched right. In the pic, they're not.
Yours must fit better than mine for sure. I usually find the holders on the floor if I don't remove them. After having one mishap with the fridge door relating to something else I'm a bit of a worry wart.

Edit
I just noticed something in the picture in post 2. I've been inserting from the bottom inside of the top - could direction make a difference?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #11

We're lucky with our refer tabs. When we put them in and retract the slide, the designers at FR were nice enough to make sure that the refer *just* butts up to the island sink - just enough pressure to keep the door from moving at all
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Yours must fit better than mine for sure. I usually find the holders on the floor if I don't remove them. After having one mishap with the fridge door relating to something else I'm a bit of a worry wart.

Edit
I just noticed something in the picture in post 2. I've been inserting from the bottom inside of the top - could direction make a difference?
Absolutely makes a difference to stay in place you will also notice the blue card has holes that catch on the grey tabs in the fridge door frame to help hold the door ajar.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #13

I don't have fancy blue cards. . I haven't figured out a good way to keep the fridge doors open. The camco things don't work well either.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Edit

Yep. Plus for the first little while I wasn't pushing them all the way on. Push all the way down and the bottom of the slot will seat itself under the tab, helping to keep it from working it's way back up (from vibration, etc...)
Old 03-25-2014, 12:09 PM   #15
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
I don't have fancy blue cards. . I haven't figured out a good way to keep the fridge doors open. The camco things don't work well either.
Before I knew what the blue cards were, I would take a bungee cord from the rack in the freezer to the rack in the fridge and then I had some 12" long twist ties that I would take from the door handles to the bungee cord.

I used just a bungee for a long time. The twist ties were added after the fact.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #16

We'll thank you all!
The dealer made mention of most of the items in the bag, like the fans and TP holder, etc., but these 2 we're not explained. My wife guessed correctly what the blue cards are for, but the plastic wrench was a mystery.
jffbrght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #17
rbq

You'll probably have to hunt for the water filter. It may be in the front storage compartment behind a screwed in temporary wall that you'll have to remove to get to the filter if that is where it is at. 19 owners could give you better info on where the filter is if that isn't where it is.