Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2016, 07:16 AM   #61

I personally would have them dewinterize and test the systems. I once picked up a trailer and when they were prepping it they discovered the city and water fill lines were reversed. I can't imagine how long it would have taken me to figure out the problem, especially with the enclosed underbelly it had.

Sometimes things come loose in transport...I would rather have it tested.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:54 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock04 View Post
A question for you guys? My trailer came in and my dealer wants me to come down and do a walk through and settle up. My problem is I would like to see that the water works and there are no leaks etc. The weather has been warm the last few days but we are looking at temps in the 20s at night next week and I don't think I want to take a chance of having freezing issues. The dealer wants me to take ownership to avoid a fee for having unsold units on the lot. I have read here that I pretty much lose my power once I pay but I can see his issue as well. Thoughts? BTW I did download the PDI checklist and am using it as a guide.
I'm with Roovader, I would want to see the water system and everything else operate or I am not buying anything. All you need to do is search this and other boards for plumbing issues from the factory on new trailers and how they are found "at the campground". Make them fill the freshwater until it is overflowing out the fill and vent, fill the gray tank until it backs up into the shower base and the black until it backs up in the toilet above floor level. Then check for leaks. They are supposed to test all of that prior to your PDI as none of it is tested at the factory. Do you trust them?

Is the dealer telling you he would not re-winterize it for you which would cost him about $25 to do or less? What would they have done if you were taking delivery in January? To me that's like buying a new truck and it runs out of gas before you get off the lot

I don't know what is up with an "unsold unit fee"? I have never heard of that before? Is that what he is calling his interest on a floored unit?
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:05 AM   #63

Thanks for responses. I will definitely have them do the water system as you all make great points that echo my initial concerns. I didn't ask them about winterizing it after the PDI and the fee may well be the interest on a floored unit. I couldn't recall the exact terminology they used.
As far as trust goes I am not really sure as I am a new customer and we only spoke at the show. They seemed okay; Campers Inn in Raynam MA. They are all over the Eastern part of the country. The Raynam one has good reviews online...
Old 03-31-2016, 10:06 AM   #64

Order status?

Shoot if they are wanting to sell the trailer have them de winterize and show you the systems work then they can winterize it again. A good dealer would not have any problem with doing this.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:08 AM   #65

"unsold unit fee"

i think that is just the dealer has to pay payments on the rigs not sold, so he wants to move it, I don't blame him but the best way to do that is to please the customer, so show me it all works and i show you the money, LOL

Like MR H said make the show you the rig works if they want it to move now.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:56 PM   #66

And look on the positive side, you'll see how to dewinterize and rewinterize which never happens in a PDI.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:38 AM   #67

I just got an email from my dealer saying my Shamrock 233s that i ordered on 02/12 has been scheduled to come off of the assembly line on 04/19. She anticipates that it should hit their lot about 2 weeks later.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #68

Congrats Finster! It's so much better knowing that you have some dates instead of just a 6 to 8 weeks answer. The wait just got that much easier for you!
Old 04-02-2016, 06:08 AM   #69

We ordered the Roo 23ikss that same week and have not heard anything yet.

Our first trip is Memorial Day weekend so just hoping we get it 1-2 weeks before for stocking and prepping. Not to mention praying there are no issues with it.
Feasba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:35 AM   #70

This is making me so sad... I ordered our 23WS on March 21. The dealer said it would be 4-6 weeks but maybe even two if our timing was right. It's starting to sound like we might be cutting it close for our first trip on 5/20. It's somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only one counting down the days like a kid at Christmas time...if only I had a date to count down to! Good luck, everyone!
joinco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 01:51 PM   #71

I went down to the dealer with my wife yesterday for what they called a courtesy pre-walkthrough. It was pouring rain so we did not open the bunk ends. The salesperson said it was just to look for scratches and other things the techs may not see and when we pick it up those issued would be addressed and then the real PDI would take place. The only things we noticed was that the bathroom door striker did not align with the hole in the frame and also that when the speakers when on zone 3, outside, the volume was stuck in one position. Other than that all seemed well. I checked the cabinets and counters and no variance as far as the caulking went, they all butted up to the walls great, the island is secure, handle on stove is at least 2 inches away when slide is in and no leaks on the canvas with the bunk doors closed and once again it was coming down. The unit did come through as a 2017 and we got the Aspen interior which is a little light but it looks awesome. Picking it up a week from Tuesday.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #72

Great to hear it is going well so far. Let us know how the PDI goes. I will make note of your issues as we are getting the same model.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #73

We finally have an offline date!

I broke down and called the dealership today. They had a few Roo orders put in along with ours the week of February 15th from the Novi Michigan show. but no update. They called up FR today and were able to get them to send the offline dates. Ours is slated to be April 18th. It will take a week to get it to the dealership after that so in all total it is predicted to take about 10 weeks for our particular order.

Our dealership has been great to work with so far. They even texted me a picture of the document FR sent them.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:47 PM   #74

Feasba, that's great news! I hope everything goes well with the PDI. Have fun!
joinco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:07 AM   #75

Feasba that is great news! Definitely makes waiting a lot easier when you finally have dates to look forward too. Good luck with the PDI! I am hopeful ours will go over smoothly too.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:19 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feasba View Post
I broke down and called the dealership today. They had a few Roo orders put in along with ours the week of February 15th from the Novi Michigan show. but no update. They called up FR today and were able to get them to send the offline dates. Ours is slated to be April 18th. It will take a week to get it to the dealership after that so in all total it is predicted to take about 10 weeks for our particular order.

Our dealership has been great to work with so far. They even texted me a picture of the document FR sent them.

Hey any up date??? We ordered ares three days after you and the dealer sed another week or two three at most getting very antsy to see are new camper.
RooRyder1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:30 PM   #77

We got our order in on Feb 19th and she said it most likely wouldn't be entered by the factory rep until the 22nd of Feb. we are picking ours up this Saturday the 30th. Our offline date was the 22nd. Yours should be soon! Our dealer hires someone though to go pick up the rigs from the plant so there isn't much of a delivery wait with them so I know that helps.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #78

I still haven't heard much on my Shamrock yet. It was slated to come off the assembly line on April 19th. Last week, I did get a VIN and a vague timeline of 2-3 more weeks before it makes it to the dealership.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:30 PM   #79

I have not heard anything from the dealer. They won't schedule the PDI until they have it on their lot with a VIN number. It has been over a week since the offline date I was given and we are still waiting. I only know that the dealer has drivers that will pick it up. Will let you know when I hear anything.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:13 PM   #80

Hey all !

I just got the call. My Shamrock 23IKSS is in !!! We ordered it on March 1, so that is 8 weeks and one day (the dealer estimated 6-8 weeks). Will pick it up next week.

Jim S