Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2016, 05:29 PM   #101

My wife and I spent the entire day yesterday (a wet, cold day) getting the new Shamrock all organized. What a HUGE step up from our pop-up !! we are both VERY pleased with it, and anxious for our first outing in two weeks.

Like many who have posted on this forum, my stereo (an iRV 34) was NOT wired properly to the speakers. When I checked it, I had this: ZONE 1 was RIGHT CHANNEL only to one of the interior speakers.; ZONE 2 was RIGHT CHANNEL only to the other interior speaker; ZONE 3 was outside speakers (LEFT AND RIGHT CHANNELS).

I rewired ZONE 1 to use both interior speakers (one for LEFT channel, the other for RIGHT channel). I also had to correct polarity to one of the outside speakers. So now I have ZONE 1 (interior); ZONE 3 (outside); ZONE 2 (not used).

So, except for a minor issue with the speaker wiring and a PITA issue with the hitch coupler not releasing the ball easily, I would say I have had a pretty good delivery so far.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:24 PM   #102

So we finally got to pick our Shamrock 233s up today. I have to say, I was extremely impressed with the unit. Our tech doing the walk through seemed very knowledgeable, answering all of our questions. While my wife followed the tech around learning the ins and outs of the camper, I inspected it from floor to ceiling. I could not find a single scratch, dent, or nail out of place. Everything looked prefect, as it should. Everything seemed to function normally. Even the stereo seemed to be wired right. Zone 1 played both channels in the front near the tv, zone 2 played at the back two bunks, and zone 3 played out outside. After we set up the weight distributing hitch, we were on our way. The camper pulls much easier than I was anticipating. You can feel it's heft on the steeper inclines but my ram did awesome for the most part. I did have to adjust the brake controller a couple of times though, if felt like the trailer was jerking the truck to a stop every time I hit the pedal. After leaving the dealership, we drove a few miles down the street to Zombie Burger to grab a bite to eat. From there we drove a few more miles to a friend of my wifes to visit for a minute. After pulling up to the house and parking, i noticed the rear passanger side tire on the camper was flat. Im not sure what happened to the tire, i dont think i hit anything, and i never felt it blow out. I went ahead and threw the spare on it and we left Des Moines to head to Traer to pick our girls up from my parents house before heading out to Waterloo. I had my wife drive part of the way home so she could get the feel of it. She was nervous starting out as she's never pulled anything, but after a half hour of driving she was commenting on how easy it seemed to pull.
While at my parents house I tried to air the flat tire up with my father's air compressor. It would not hold air. I found a hole leaking out threw the bottom, on the far side of the tread almost to the sidewall. I'm going to take the tire in tomorrow to see if it can be patched, but its going to be iffy, being that close to the sidewall. I may have to replace it. Is this something that would be covered under warranty? I bet we put less than 10 miles on the tire before it blew out. We are planning to leave to North Dekota early Thursday morning for our first outing, and I will have to have the tire fixed by then, warranty claim or not. I'd hate to drive 11 hrs there with no spare tire.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:27 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
Zone 1 played both channels in the front near the tv, zone 2 played at the back two bunks, and zone 3 played out outside.

Congrats.

I'm curious. Are they putting 4 speakers inside the 233S now?
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:27 AM   #104

Actually I think the tire is not covered, however it is possible the dealer might be generous and give you one, if they do I recommend you name them here publicly so people know they go above and beyond.

I myself would not want that tire, I recommend it be replaced, if you have run it flat for more than 500 feet you probably have damaged the sidewall inside.
My advice is to replace the tire and go have fun camping and not worry about it.
Congrats on the new rig!
Old 05-17-2016, 05:50 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
Actually I think the tire is not covered, however it is possible the dealer might be generous and give you one, if they do I recommend you name them here publicly so people know they go above and beyond.

I myself would not want that tire, I recommend it be replaced, if you have run it flat for more than 500 feet you probably have damaged the sidewall inside.
My advice is to replace the tire and go have fun camping and not worry about it.
Congrats on the new rig!

Just think of it as your first mod. Upgrading ONE tire. 😀
ROCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Congrats.

I'm curious. Are they putting 4 speakers inside the 233S now?
Nope, still just the two which means I must not have had both channels playing. I don't know why I didn't realize that while we were at the dealership. #brainfart. Anyways....it sounded good to me but 20+ years of factory work has left my hearing mostly buzzing and ringing noises. That's something I'll have to take a closer look at then.

In the mean time, I did call Kelly Mosher in the Flagstaff/Rockwood warranty department and asked about warranty coverage on the tire. She said if I hit something, no. If its a defect in the tire, then yes. She recommended I take the tire back to the dealership and have them start a warranty claim on it. The dealership I bought it from is a couple hrs away. I explained that Im leaving in a couple days out of state and didn't want to make the journey without a spare and probably would not have time start the warranty claim process. I work during the day the next couple of days, and will spend the evenings packing the camper. So she says, if I replace the tire out of pocket so I can make the trip, I can still take the old tire in to have a warranty claim done on it later. If there is a defect found with the tire they can either reimburse me up to $75 (their cost of the tire), or send me a new one. I called around and Farm and Fleet has them for $83. Not the same brand tire, but same size anyway. So I'll probably go that route and if they take it on a warranty claim, maybe I'll just have them send me a new tire so I'll have one on hand just in case.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #107

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRyder1911 View Post
Picked up one of three first one in was mine, my dad and brother in law got another week to go .12 weeks after ordering finally in are drive way, everything went smoothly so far sleeping in the new Roo tonight!!!Attachment 107792Attachment 107793Attachment 107794Attachment 107795
Some of my best memories camping was with two uncles and my Grandmother all camping in 3 travel trailers. The family was great to camp with.

Have Fun!!
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote