Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Bugging your dealer won't bring it any faster.
Are you sure?! They wont go down and help build it?! You're absolutely correct. That's why I hold back week after week from calling or emailing them. I try and put myself in their shoes and know it would be really annoying to get calls weekly. But today I did email them about a few questions I have saved up and just asked for an update. So we will see what they say. Have a good night rockfordroo!!
Old 03-28-2016, 04:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by johakyle View Post
Well I guess that is a risk we are all willing to take when we place the orders right now. Guess that's why we have a warranty.
Your chances are just as good ordering now as they would be if you ordered last fall during the slow season. Just hope you don't draw the short straw. None of that BS means anything as to what the fit and finish will be on an ordered unit. Slow season, busy season, Monday, Friday, right before a holiday, all a lot of BS. What it amounts to is a lot of luck.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:39 PM   #23

Mr Havercamp.....Why are 95% of all your posts negative with terms like trash, BS garbage etc etc etc.......Live it up, have fun , enjoy life and hopefully someday your glass will be half full instead of half empty all the time !!!!
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:48 PM   #24

I ordered my 233s on February 12th. So far I haven't heard a peep from the dealer. I did email them last week just to ask for a status update and was told that they still don't have an exact build date yet but to expect it to be early to mid April with a delivery in early May. Same thing I was told in February.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
Mr Havercamp.....Why are 95% of all your posts negative with terms like trash, BS garbage etc etc etc.......Live it up, have fun , enjoy life and hopefully someday your glass will be half full instead of half empty all the time !!!!

LOL....you think that was negative?

Not negative, realistic maybe. What may have been negative was suggesting to the OP and others that by ordering now they'll get a unit built with less quality than if they ordered in the supposed "slow season". I have seen first hand how the quality can go from one extreme to the other in one day in the supposed slow season. It's tough enough waiting on an ordered unit without throwing that into the mix. Back in the slowdown it may have made a difference what time of year a unit was ordered but it doesn't apply in 2016 with record production and sales.

If I offended you somehow I apologize but frankly you need not worry about how full my glass is. My glass is just fine.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:24 PM   #26

I kind of agree that it is the luck of the draw. My situation was such a comedy of errors it was the worst purchase experience I have ever endured but I think it could have happened anytime.

Fortunately my roo is awesome and I quickly put the purchase experience in the rear view mirror. Just know that a lot of us have been in your shoes playing the waiting game but it will be so worth it!
Old 03-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #27

Yeah I totally agree. It was pretty poor taste to just randomly go off about how bad of a idea it was for us to order our campers right now so I think Havercamp was just being realistic and it was appreciated. But Like others are saying it'll be so worth it in the end. Until then I will sit out in my garage with a beer starring at where the new rig will be parked
Old 03-28-2016, 10:00 PM   #28
Site Team

My intention wasn't to criticize those that ordered this time of the year.
I was trying to inform that there would be longer waiting times since this is the peak production time.
My opinion on the quality aspect, was based on 15 years of being on various RV forums and reading owners opinions and personal experiences.
I didn't intend to question peoples choices, just that high season purchases has some negatives.
I apologize if it was taken in a negative context.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:03 PM   #29

Quote:
Yeah I totally agree. It was pretty poor taste to just randomly go off about how bad of a idea it was for us to order our campers right now so I think Havercamp was just being realistic and it was appreciated. But Like others are saying it'll be so worth it in the end. Until then I will sit out in my garage with a beer starring at where the new rig will be parked
At one time it was commonly thought that you were better off having a unit built in the slow season and I also was in that camp. The belief a few years back was when the factories slowed down they laid off the temp hires. You were getting a unit built by the key workers that were retained and they could take their time building it. This latest situation with the 23WS we ordered opened my eyes that it does not matter, at least not in record sales and production times (2015/2016). Our ordered unit was built the day after Mainframes 23WS in the slow season early in December. He is sitting in his right now, we ultimatly rejected the purchase and reordered and are waiting with you johakyle.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:50 AM   #30

It absolutely is the luck of the draw on build quality etc, think about it, right off the bat these campers are a collage of many different independant factory productions, Furnace, water pumps, fridge, stove, radio, slides, awning systems, a/c systems, and they all have to work and be able to bounce down the road endlessly at 70 mph! Just getting all this in there and making the rig look like a home and gardens magazine pic is a miracle in itself LOL

These RV manufactures can have only a few system failures to make them look bad, heck my RV is perfect now but what if the a/c quits on my trip in July? or TV antenna booster quits on my June trip? Reach back behind the tv and turn the tiny little switch off, you won't get anything, LOL I might get fussy about break downs but FR didn't make the fridge or slide. (now if they get it in there wrong different story)

I worked on a POPULAR Automobile Tech line for 12 years and in 1996? I think 38 flagship cars came through and they found out the valve springs were not properly heat treated, well these cars ran about 300 miles each and imploded, what a mess, and the kicker was, NO SPARE ENGINES AVAILABLE, all the cars had to be rebuilt and toot sweet, well all I can say is I wouldn't want one of those cars, they didn't buy them back just fixed them.

So bouncing down the assembly line we go here and they all look great new but hey which one is the lemon who knows, BUT I think if you did get a lemon once, your chances of getting a lemon the second time are very slim, easier to hit the lottery, I would always tell someone that and every time it turned out to be true.

Personally I am impressed and surprised they can make these as well as they do and you can actually use them and rely on them, the last one I had served us well, time will tell with this one but hopefully I will enjoy a great deal of time with mine.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:34 AM   #31

I am going to be picking up my IKSS in a week or so. I downloaded the PDI checklist and wanted to ask you all if you think it is necessary to actually go up on the roof to inspect the caulking and finish? Have any of you found issues up there? Is it even possible for a roof to delaminate in a few weeks?
Hemlock04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:15 AM   #32

It's not so much existing damage but eliminating potential problems. It's been mentioned several times about how fast they're building these units. If the caulk guru is having a bad day, there could be gaps in the caulk job. It wouldn't take much of a gap to give you nightmares a bit down the road. Also, be sure to check yourself or have your dealer do it at least twice a year. An ik has lots of holes in the roof, and each one is a potential issue. Proper maintenance will ensure many years of service.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:57 AM   #33

So when inspecting these roofs should a guy get fully up on the roof? Or is it just best to use an a frame ladder and get around it the best a guy can?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #34

You can go on the roof. You can probably see around all the roof intrusions just by moving the ladder. I let the dealer do it. 20 grand is a big expenditure for me so I have them winterize it and, as part of it, they inspect the roof and all seals. 85 bucks and it includes dewinterizing and inspecting in the spring. Last fall they found a few spots showing the first signs of wear and treated them. Cheap insurance to me
2013 Ram 1500
Old 03-29-2016, 02:23 PM   #35

The news I have been waiting for!!

Today is a great day. I was speaking to the dealership about surge protectors and I was advised we have an official off line date of 04/22/16. They stated they will get a driver down there to pick it up for them and have it back to the dealership 1 to 2 weeks max. Now the anxiety of whether or not that date will hold true and how the PDI will go. Regardless the beer will be a little bit smoother tonight and we are that much closer!
Old 03-29-2016, 02:57 PM   #36

Quote:
I was advised we have an official off line date of 04/22/16. They stated they will get a driver down there to pick it up for them and have it back to the dealership 1 to 2 weeks max
Congrats................That date should hold true.That would be right around 8 weeks from when your order was placed +/- a few days? Good deal. Thursday will be 5 weeks from when we reordered. It looks like I need to be making a dealer drive by on Friday.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:52 PM   #37

My dealer conducts periodic seminars for customers and the last one I attended was 2 hours titled, "General Maintenance". In discussing roofs, the tech. said that virtually every new RV coming in the door needs 3 or 4 spots on the roof that need work on the caulking. What impressed me on hearing this is that the dealer actually goes up on the roof. (BTW, just looking at the seams is not sufficient. Sometimes it looks fine, but the caulk hasn't stuck and lifts right off).
FR dealers are required to conduct a thorough inspection of each RV upon delivery. My RV was delivered to me in good shape with no issues. If you look up "lucky" in a dictionary I guarantee you will not see my picture. I have to wonder if at least some of my good fortune was due to the dealer taking care of business before I showed up.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:17 PM   #38

I placed my order third week of March the dealer promised me I would get it before Memorial Day. I stopped by this weekend and they said they didn't get a confirmation yet. Should I be worried if they won't have it by then he lied to me and I could have bought it from a dealer that had it on the lot somewhere else just had to drive further. I am waiting for a 2016 rockwood 2306.
Locchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:45 PM   #39

As mentioned in previous posts, anticipated delivery dates are best guess estimates based on history. However " past performance does not guarantee future results" You probably will have it by then. Just be aware it might not happen.
2013 Ram 1500
Old 03-29-2016, 06:53 PM   #40

So wouldn't that be grounds then to cancel my order get my deposit if he promised me he didn't say maybe he guaranteed I would. Beside I live in Syracuse I bought from a dealer 5 min away I wanted a place where I can go close by but there is a place in Ohio that is selling the same trailer and in stock for 3k less I'm actually irritated
Locchamp is offline   Reply With Quote