Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #1

Our new 2014 233S and a perfect Weekend

Greetings to all fellow Roo owners. Spent the Weekend camping in Cobb Island Maryland. A friend owns a beautiful lot that he has set up just for his camping/fishing friends. What a perfect Weekend to have off and enjoy the serenity of being out in the open.
Just a few minor problems with the Roo2 (we named it this after our 2013 got crushed by a falling tree after 4 days ownership). The refrigerator does not appear to get very cold even after adjusting and after a slight rain we discovered a small pool of water in the front bunk area. The dealer says the refrigerator may need a slight charge and the water...they will need to find the source. Thinking from what I read on here it may correct itself with time.
Looking forward to years of happy times and sharing our experiences with others.
theroo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
Always Learning

The lot sounds wonderful!

Sorry to hear about the camper issues. I'm not sure what the dealer means by a slight charge to the refrigerator, but I don't really know a whole lot about them. If nothing else, it sounds like they'll figure it out for you.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on a mostly great trip!

Fridge - you probably have the Dometic DM2652, which is an absorption refrigerator. AFAIK - these do not get "re-gassed" and I'm not sure that's even possible.

Its probably something much simpler, although it could need some trouble-shooting.
  • Make sure the unit is level
  • Pre-cool 24 hours a head of time.
  • Move the temperature slider up. Its inside of fridge on the top right

Here's the manual if you want more trouble-shooting. Forest River Forums - Downloads - Fridge - Dometic User Guide (DM2652)

As for the water in the bunk, two simple things could have happened. First, did you season the tent ends by getting them wet and then allowing them to dry? This gives the seams a chance to expand and seal.

Second, it could be condensation.

It could be more but usually is one of these two issues.

Good luck!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #4

Scott, Thanks so much for the info. As I read there should be a switch under the decorative panel in front of the unit. I wonder if this is on. The inside slide is all the way to cold and we gave it plenty of time to cool off. (days) We are doing the wet/dry tip now on the tent ends.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

You are welcome.

Are you talking about the climate control switch found on some DM2652's? Mine doesn't have that so I can't really comment.

Hoepfully you can figure out the fridge. You might actually have an issue, but there are some other simple things to try: Another thing to keep in mind to help to get it cold is to stock the fridge so as to allow air flow within it. A jam-packed fridge will have problems.

Also, some people have installed fans on the outside to help vent the air in really warm temps and/or on the inside of the fridge to help keep the air flowing.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #6

Thanks again to all for the info. I lazered the fins on my camper and it shows 32 which seems cold but when I checked my friends which is an older camper it reads 23. Not to beat a dead horse but the refrigerator is cooler but not cold enough to keep milk cold enough to eat an oreo. Gonna try a fan and if all else fails back to the dealer. Just hate to lose it during the Summer.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #7

I have a DM2652 and went out for the first time this season this weekend. I plugged in the 120 VAC, but forgot to turn on the battery disconnect switch. The lights on the fridge worked just fine, but no cold. The wife said, "Hey, don't you need to do something with this?" and pointed at the battery disconnect. I turned it on, and then, because of another problem, I got down and eyeballed the fuses, and realized, when I saw the 12 fridge fuse, that you need the battery switch ON for the electronic fridge controls to work. (When you're "on electric" the only thing really on the 120 VAC is the heater. The electronics still operate off 12VDC.) Within an hour, it was down to 45 degrees or so. You should buy yourself a thermometer for the fridge so you can see what's going on. Also, even if the thermostat "slider" is up, it doesn't hold the bulb very well. You need make sure that the bulb hasn't slipped down, even though the slider looks like it's up. (I had THAT probelm last year and learned that lesson!)
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote