Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #1

Outdoor Carpet Recommendation

Since we should be getting our Roo in the next week or so, I figured we should probably buy a rug for under the awning. Does anyone know what size would be best? The camper is 25 feet long, I know the awning doesn't go the whole way. I also wasn't sure if it should be 6ft or 8 ft wide. I was planning on just going to home depot and buying off their bulk roll there, unless anyone knows of a better deal.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #2

Buy a rv may much lighter and easier to clean and pack when wet!
tking01_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
Site Team

this is where we got ours. bigger selection and lots of choices.
http://www.rvawningmats.com/
Walmart has them but usually only one style/color.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #4

Wal Mart sells a great rv mat( washable) for about $50.00 very similar to the one at camping world that sells for $80. 00 It is about 6 by 15, you can never have too much outdoor mat, I actually have two for different legnths of setups
R & S
rstoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #5

I bought an 8'x16' Daisy Mat from Camping World for $57 shipped. It was on sale a month ago. They are now $89 +s/h and the smaller one (9'x12') is $69 +s/h. Sign up for their email alerts and they'll email you sale notifications.

Look around online too, don't settle for something smaller than you feel you need. Walmart only had some 8'x12' and they were the same price I paid for the longer one.
RoadDog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #6

We got ours from RVToyOutlet.com RV Accessories RV Parts RV Supplies Camping Gear and it fit perfect. We went with the 9' x 18' 'Chocolate Waves' pattern and it matches the 23SS perfectly.
2012 Rockwood Roo 23SS
ddemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #7

The other posters all have good suggestions for RV mats. Any of them will work well for you.

Regarding using outdoor carpeting: When we first got our pop-up, friends did us a favor by buying us outdoor carpeting. They were not campers. The carpeting was better than nothing. However, it is hard to clean, hard to keep dry, and if even slightly damp when stored will be very odorous when used again. We would spray ours down with cleaner, hose it off and hang it in the sun to dry. This was the only method we found to keep it "fresh".

When we moved from our pop-up to a TT, we "splurged" on an RV mat. Wished we had done it years previously. It would have saved us much time and headache. Well worth the cost.
BicycleMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #8

Please do us all a favor and buy an RV mat, they do not kill the grass like the indoor/outdoor rugs and other things do. As campers keep killing the grass in sites with "rugs" we see more an more campgrounds each year prohibit rugs and mats, then we all lose.
Thanks
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
Site Team

I have the one from WalMart and it's the one I use the most. I also have a Aero-Weave Breathable mat from CampingWorld that is longer and narrower.

Between the two the WM type work best for me. I'm just not using the Aero-Weave mat even though I think it's nicer looking. With that said I still wouild like a smaller size (6x9?). I intend to put the Aero-Weave one on Craigslist so I can buy the smaller 6x9 mat.

This link is not for the WM mat but it's very similar except for the design print.

It all come down to what you can use and how you will use it. Go window shopping and see how each size would fit you needs.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #10

Another vote for the Walmart RV/patio mats. Easy to unfold/fold and washable with a hose, plus it dries quickly.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote