Old 05-27-2015, 08:10 PM   #41
Old Camping Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I think your salesman was blowing smoke about the grill and awning. We always use the grill with the awning out and have for the last 7 years on 2 different trailers and had absolutely no ill effects.
You may be onto something. I have seen people at the campground using there grills and seamed to be just fine. Just didn't want to mess with it after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtool2 View Post
I agree, sounds like smoke was being blown and not on the awning. They probably didn't have a grill in stock.
Jim
That could be true as well. However now the wife wants a new one with the outside kitchen, we have neighbors that use and love them. So maybe that will be my next move...
Ether way I can't argue with ether of you guys, seams to let the smoke out and they still have there awnings... I haven't seen one melt yet.

2005 Club Car President
2002 Ezgo Limo, 2001 Ezgo
Eagle-751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #42

We just returned from our first outing with the new camper (came with the grill). My biggest learning experience regarding the grill? Don't leave it at home! Ugh!

I had taken it out if the camper while packing and in our rush to leave it was left in the garage. Fortunately, we were camping with a small group and had other grilling options. My feedback on the included grill will have to wait until the next trip.

ebcobra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:33 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-751 View Post
You may be onto something. I have seen people at the campground using there grills and seamed to be just fine. Just didn't want to mess with it after that.

That could be true as well. However now the wife wants a new one with the outside kitchen, we have neighbors that use and love them. So maybe that will be my next move...
Ether way I can't argue with ether of you guys, seams to let the smoke out and they still have there awnings... I haven't seen one melt yet.
keep a small tablet in my center counsel. It has two lists in it. First is the "don't leave home without it " list. Second is a check list of things to do when hooking up such as disconnect electric and water, hook up electric brake cable, put up the stairs, ect... This comes in handy at times and only takes a minute to check. More than once I have forgotten the steps or my dogs leash.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:13 PM   #44

My 2 cents would be to use it. Granted this was our first trip the the new camper but we used it, It worked great and had no noticeable issues with the awning.Maybe if the room was enclosed I would think about not using it. Just my observation. It's seems cheap to me but never having one to compare it to maybe that's not fair, I was actually very impressed with it.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:20 PM   #45

It does feel very cheap...I was surprised it cooked as well as it did but it worked really, really well. I did not enjoy cleaning it out though.

My propane line is not very long so I am not sure how well it will work in a location other than hung on the side.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:38 PM   #46

I did forget about that part Roo, The cleaning it portion did blow. And I would also mention I wasn't overly impressed with the little grease catcher that has yet to catch any grease, lol. Seems its all stuck to the bottom of the grill.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #47

Same here! Marinated steak and everything...not one drop in the drip pan. Spent a nice half hour just wiping it out with paper towels.

Still pleased with it though. I might try some foil on the grill or something to make it easier to clean.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Still pleased with it though. I might try some foil on the grill or something to make it easier to clean.
That's exactly what we've been doing, putting foil in the bottom of it to catch the grease, makes it a bit easier to clean up.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #49
hamster

I had posted a mod I did adapting my Weber Q to the side of my trailer in place of the grill that was supplied with my trailer. There were concerns about there being too much heat near the trailer. I used it during the labor day weekend and the side of the trailer stayed cool. [IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-31-2015, 01:32 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
I had posted a mod I did adapting my Weber Q to the side of my trailer in place of the grill that was supplied with my trailer. There were concerns about there being too much heat near the trailer. I used it during the labor day weekend and the side of the trailer stayed cool. [IMG][/IMG]
That looks like a very nice set up. Depending on the mood I am in I can use my grill or my stove. I have a Colman two burner stove that I can hook up if I wish. I just set it on the table that hangs off my trailer. I've attached a photo which shows both the stove and the grill. Right now I can only use one or the other but would like to get a hose so I can hook up both at the same time. I have a post that comes off the bottle that I could attach both to and put a lantern on top if I wished to. Most of the time I just use the grill and it works fine for just me and my dog. Can't forget the dog!

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4H8A5594-Edit-1st.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	78610   Click image for larger version

Name:	1st-s-Edit-2nd.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	78611  

oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote