Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd1343 View Post
I would just replace them with telescoping mirrors. That's what I did.
This. Telescoping mirrors are the best. Nothing for the eyes to get used to. Just further out. I would check salvage yards nearby first. Get a better deal than new and they work just the same.

I have a Ford F150 and I am thankful for the telescoping mirrors.
joeuncool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #22

In case one more post matters

I bought a custom fitting deal for my silverado,
https://www.amazon.com/CIPA-10950-Ch...rror+silverado

...and I do not like them. They don't stay focused and tend to wiggle out of whack for me.

Then I bought the universal Cipas for our Highlander when it gets the nod, and I like those alot.
https://www.amazon.com/Fit-System-38...it+system+3891

Use them on both TVs when I need a mirror.
Honestly with the Silverado, I don't feel I need an extended mirror most of the time with my Roo19.

We lost one of the rubber straps to one of the universals, and this thread reminded me to order a replacement mirror (the replacement straps i've found aren't a bargain, and now i have spare parts).
So thanks, this cost me 23 bucks today
jehrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #23

I bought some off-brand clip on tow mirrors for my '04 Ram like the CIPA ones linked by jehrbear. I liked them, even though they had a little vibration. Also didn't like that they aren't really removable. Fit so tight I was afraid of breaking them if I removed them. Broke the passenger side one at Sonic.

Then on my Armada I bought a set of aftermarket telescoping mirrors, and I like them much better. I like that I can keep them in closer when not towing. I did a thread on them. Still vibrate a little. And whistle. But it's sure nice that they electrically adjust. If I had unlimited funds I'd a bought OEM ones (about $450). I didn't have any luck finding salvaged ones.

Check youtube, but swapping out your mirrors is usually pretty straight-forward.

Tug: 2010 2wd Nissan Armada Titanium with tow package.
Specs: Max Trailer Weight 9,100, Tongue Load: 910, GCWR: 15,100, GVWR: 7,150, Payload: 1,592
DadOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #24

outside mirrors

someone is trying to reach me on the messager but I cannot et in to it - but anyways I already have bought the CIPA'S, thanks for your offer ! bob
pudgybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #25
2016 Rockwood Roo 21dk

Dint waste you money in clip ons, replace them with after market tow mirrors.
jaymemiller is offline   Reply With Quote