Old 05-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #21

After I retired early from my real job I spent a couple years selling RVs. Some of the Class A and C's (primarily Winnebago) that came in would not be equipped with an oven. I remember thinking, "who would buy one of these without an oven?"
Turned out lots of people would. They would rather have the extra storage and their biggest concern about cooking was where to put the coffee maker.
First time I saw one with a dishwasher I thought "here's a great selling feature." Not to my customers who ate out a lot or off paper plates.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetavon View Post
I'll say get what you want. We are using our oven more than we ever expected. And if your dry camping then the Micro/convection is nothing but a storage area.

Ditto, on the Microwave. At least with the oven you are still able to bake using LP, if needed. And when dry camping, that's a nice little perk!

The only thing we use our Microwave for is the clock, and "YES" storage. Would have rather had another area for real storage. Still a nice clock & timer as well.

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:50 PM   #23
Moderators' Assistant

Wouldn't have an RV without an oven.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:22 PM   #24

Add me to the "must have" list. Cookies, muffins, cinnamon rolls, pizza, and a mean batch of cornbread to accompany the low country boil or jambalaya. We use ours a lot. The ceramic tile/pizza stone trick is the key. Wouldn't want a camper without an oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:34 PM   #25
Site Team

Really depends on where you do most of your cooking. This is our third TT with and oven and never used it in any of them. Only used the stove burners 2-3 times. We do all our cooking outside.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:05 PM   #26

Wouldn't do without one... cookies, rolls, etc... put in a cheap pizza stone and bake away...

But my main reason for responding is the fact that switching the stove top for a oven should be a handstand. They use the same cabinet... when it has the stove top option there is a pair of doors and a top mullion strip installed. There should be a couple of pocket screws accessible after removing the stovetop. Back out the screws, remove the doors and hinges, and drop in the new oven. All of the RV ovens are almost identical if not the same. I removed the oven in my prior camper, a Roo23SS, to add some wiring and insulation... four screws at the counter were all that holds it in.

Find the camper you like and if needed a oven from a RV salvage...couple on ebay right now for $275

2014 Rockwood Ultralight 8312SS Diamond Edition
2011 F150 Super Crew 4x4 5.0L - Traded!
2016 F350 Lariat Ultimate Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #27
DW's Retirement Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
IMHO skip the oven and get a convection/microwave to replace the regular microwave. You'll gain storage space and a convection/microwave can cook like a regular oven.
After reading this whole thread, looks like more people WANT the oven than those of us who would do without.

We are on our 3rd RV and we have yet to use the oven in any of them. When we were looking at the Class C's, DW saw one that had the convection microwave and no oven. She would have preferred that - but I couldn't justify the extra $$$'s of that particular MH. To us, the oven is nothing more than a storage area for pots and pans - and DW's Nu-Wave.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:03 PM   #28

We have used the oven in each Roo and would rather not do without.

We use it for baking goodies on our longer trips - and for keeping meats warm when grilling mass quantities for extended family get-togethers. Our Roo has the best kitchen facilities of the clan and the party is always at our place.

(We religiously observe quiet hours. We put the noisy ones to bed and the rest of us chill out with a soothing campfire )
1999 SantaFe / 2001 Sienna
1967 Nimrod / 1998 Outback
Old Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:34 AM   #29

Never used ours, don't even know if it works. Thought it would be a nice option, but two seasons have gone by without using it.

2013 Roo 19
Old 05-21-2016, 09:58 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfolks View Post
Never used ours, don't even know if it works. Thought it would be a nice option, but two seasons have gone by without using it.

2013 Roo 19
Kind of like having 4wd. Not really a full-time necessity, but nice to have when you need it.

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo