Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #1

Owners Manual

I've been looking around for an owners manual for the Roo online but can't find one. Is there such a thing?
Reason I ask is because in all the researching online I have done on the Roo I came across a thread that stated you are suppose to wet the bunk ends so the threads swell which will help prevent water from rain coming thru the sewing seams.
Never owned a camper brand new so never had to worry about it.
Just would like to make sure we do what's required. To get a long life from our soon to be camper.
ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #2
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrishCamper View Post
I've been looking around for an owners manual for the Roo online but can't find one. Is there such a thing?
Reason I ask is because in all the researching online I have done on the Roo I came across a thread that stated you are suppose to wet the bunk ends so the threads swell which will help prevent water from rain coming thru the sewing seams.
Just would like to make sure we do what's required. To get a long life from our soon to be camper.
True statement. I watched them put one in at Goshen last year and they were watering it and I asked them if they had a leak, and he explained to me what he was doing, exactly what you said.

As for an owners manual, most of the Manufacturers put out a generic one on their website.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
Always Learning

There aren't any real good owners manuals for almost any brand. I did read that one super spendy brand had customized owners manuals, but you had to spend almost 6-figures for it.

I do believe that most hybrids come with a manual for the tent fabric and it has instructions for "seasoning" the fabric. Hopefully one of our other moderators will be along shortly - he's a hybrid lover and incredibly knowledgeable (not that our other members aren't, of course!).
Old 03-04-2014, 11:59 PM   #4

The canvas seasoning instructions we got with ours was a sheet of paper with a few basic instructions. i.e. take a garden hose and wet it down. It also had a few basic care and cleaning instructions. Seemed like either the factory or the dealer did this before we took delivery since when I did it no water came through any of the stitching.

As for the manual - it consists of a very generic trailer manual (even has a couple references to landing gear should your hybrid happen to be a fifth wheel) and then a collection of manuals, pamphlets, and loose papers for all the different components. To say the owner's manual leaves something to be desired would be a kind way to put it.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:11 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
The canvas seasoning instructions we got with ours was a sheet of paper with a few basic instructions. i.e. take a garden hose and wet it down. It also had a few basic care and cleaning instructions. Seemed like either the factory or the dealer did this before we took delivery since when I did it no water came through any of the stitching.

As for the manual - it consists of a very generic trailer manual (even has a couple references to landing gear should your hybrid happen to be a fifth wheel) and then a collection of manuals, pamphlets, and loose papers for all the different components. To say the owner's manual leaves something to be desired would be a kind way to put it.
this is exactly true. you could contact the canvas manufacturer for this sheet.
you should have a tag inside the canvas tent with the name and address of the manufacturer. over the years, it has been T.J. Snuggles.

and no such thing as a "Roo manual". there's no model or brand-specific owner's manual out there and this goes for most RV manufacturer. nearly all are generic.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #6
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Here is this from the Tent manual

TenT VinyL mainTenanCe
All vinyl tents need to be dampened with water, one or more times, to seal the needle holes. Your tent may leak the first time it gets wet. This is normal. The tent is sewn with special thread which expands when wet and helps to seal the needle holes.Seal all seams before the first trip, and each year thereafter to prevent water damage to the interior of your camper.

It’s a good idea to include a wax candle in your field maintenance kit, to seal small leaks which may develop while you are camping. (If you use a candle for emergency lighting, be sure to observe proper fire safety precaution. Have
your camper fire extinguisher nearby, and be sure you and your guests know how to operate it.) Your plastic windows have a -20° cold crack. Do not crank your tent up to the maximum height in extremely cold weather, (0° ). Doing so could shatter your windows.

To avoid damage from mold or mildew, allow a wet tent to dry completely before closing the camper. If you must close the camper with the tent wet, be sure to protect all the cushions and drapes from dampness by storing them in a dry, protected area.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrishCamper View Post

I have an Owners Manual in PDF file on my Ipad for my 2011 Roo 233S. If you want, send me a pm and I'll try to get it to you. Don't know if it will help do to the upgrades on the bunks.
FourWheelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a thread with a picture of the handout http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nce-47753.html

There are pretty much all the rest of the manuals for appliances, converters, water heaters, etc in the Library above. Feel free to upload other manuals that you find usefull.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #9
Broken Toe

I don't need an owners manual. I have Herk (though he's a little hard to fold up and stuff in a drawer)

tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual