Old 09-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #11
Moderators' Assistant

tarps directly on top of a RV is not a good idea.
if you want to hang one over, so that it doesn't contact it, then that's alright.
because a tarp isn't breathable, it becomes a petri dish for all kinds of mold and mildew.
found that out on my popup. had a roof leak and blue tarped it for the winter. when i took it off, the white roof was almost completely black.

i have an ADCO cover for my HTT, after learning that lesson.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #12

Wow...lots of great feedback and advice. Thanks everyone. Since I will park it under trees, I think I will opt for one of the form fitting covers. They seem to be a reasonable cost for the investment of the TT.
Have also heard that you want to pack in plenty of dryer sheets to keep the mice away. Any other advice on winter storage would be much appreciated.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #13
Brigitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Tac
Here is a picture of our "cover." It protects travel trailer from all kinds of weather and debrie. Also held up to 23" of snow in Jan/Feb 2010.
Where did you get this from? That is exactly what i need
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #14
Anacortesians

We don't get much snow here. Last year we had snow on the gound for 4 days once! We do have significant winds. As an example, today, we've had 40 knots gusting to 65 most of the day and it's not even October yet!

DW wants to put the cover on this year. It came with the rig when we bought it and we had an issue with rain-water getting itnto the living room slide-out overhead last winter.

I'm still leery of the possible damage from flapping, so I'll probably do a trial installation and see how good a fit the thing is. I still want access to the interior to exercise the generator every 6 weeks or so, so that's an issue I'll have to look at once we get the cover on.

Not convinced it's a good idea, but we do have a rubber roof. We also have rabbits, racoons and coyotes resident in the neighborhood.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #15

Is anyone familiar with the CalMark Cover Co.? I saw there ad in the Good Sam Magazine and sent off for some literature. Their warranty is 6 full years--no pro rated clause. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
Is anyone familiar with the CalMark Cover Co.? I saw there ad in the Good Sam Magazine and sent off for some literature. Their warranty is 6 full years--no pro rated clause. Any feedback would be appreciated.
This is a good company to buy a custom-fitted cover made from Sunbrella. Supposedly pricey but you get what you pay for with them. I've only heard good things on the various RV sites I visit.

If you are interested in comparing similar covers, I think the comparison between Adco and CalMark needs to be between the top-of-the-line Adco, which uses Sunbrella and requires a custom fit and the CalMark (also custom and Sunbrella only).

I'll probably order the contour-fit Tyvek from Adco to save some of the cost, although I recently requested a quote from CalMark so we'll see.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #17

Thanks for the word on CalMark and the Adco Sunbrella version. I received the sample of material yesterday along with all the literature. Tomorrow the DW and I go out to get all the "true" measurements. One concern I have is my TT is a v-nose. I will submit the measurements they request on their form and have to add an additional drawing with some of the front end dimensions.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 10-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

I can see why you would want a custom with your trailer. I'm interested in hearing whatever price they quote you if you wouldn't mind sharing.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #19

Hey Triguy, got the measurements they requested and then some. Hope my drawing makes sense to them. They claim to have been in the RV accessory business for over 25 years so hopefully this isn't something brand new to them. It will be dropped in the mail tomorrow. I have asked them for the quote plus lead time once an order is placed. I've seen heavy snow before Thanksgiving here on occasion so I am curious how long it takes them to manufacture a custom cover. I'll let you know what I find out.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 10-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #20
Villa Estate 392FLFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Tac View Post
Here is a picture of our "cover." It protects travel trailer from all kinds of weather and debrie. Also held up to 23" of snow in Jan/Feb 2010.
i would love to have that cover!