Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2016, 02:54 PM   #21
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
This trailer only needs a foot out on slide to access fridge.....everything else is good..
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:56 PM   #22

Just explaining: The reason I asked the questions is because the HTT we are planning to buy can't be used with the slides in. We can make it work with the beds in though. But my question about the stabilizers is that I was not sure if we could move the slides w/o the frame be stable....
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:59 PM   #23

I was just at the Walmart near me in Ajax Ontario and the same TT has been parked there for going on two months now, the guy has his genny running and all the slides out. I wouldn't be opposed to stopping for " A " night at a Wally but this guy is giving all RVers a bad name at Wallys.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:00 PM   #24
Left Coast

Beds on ends or sides?
Old 02-24-2016, 03:02 PM   #25
Left Coast

Your right there!
Old 02-24-2016, 03:05 PM   #26
Left Coast

I have put these slides out with out stabilizers down....just try to be as level as ground will let you...
Old 02-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #27

Bob,
The HTT in question is the shamrock/roo 23IKSS, so we have slides on both sides and the hybrid beds on the ends.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Yeah, I'm surprised how quiet my dmax is but I am sure the neighbors would be happier. I failed to mention we do not put out slides on our overnight stops. We bought our trailer specifically because it is entirely usable with the slides in or out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That's why I have no slides on mine.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:18 PM   #29
Left Coast

I personally wouldn't be afraid of using 'em....till you find out how tippy it is....maybe a driveway test....
Old 02-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #30
Who Dares, Wins

We had a similar situation at the local Wally world. Guy was there for 2 months. Had the slides out, awning deployed. Even had a webber (home size) grill out. It was a TT and they would disconnect and be gone for hours at a time.

I am shocked how many rv's are useless without all 45 slides deployed.. No bed access, no kitchen, bathroom or whatever access. Guess we all have different wants and needs but some make me think everything needs to be within a day trip or you are screwed.

Many a poster and youtuber has posted the "definitive guide to walmarting" but none are the same. Walmart does not even seem to have standard rules.. I was always under the ideas, no slides out unless minimal for access, out of the way of the normal parking flow (I'd group with the other trucks and rvs) and no stab jacks. Also heard no genies but I would use my Honda because it is practically silent. Definitely NO awnings or mats! LOL

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:22 PM   #31

I picked this TT because you could use the kitchen and everything else needed for overnight with the slides in. When I used to travel in the Winnie I never stayed at a Wally World (don't know why) used truck stops and rest area's for quick stop enroute, but never put jacks down or slide out. Never experienced a problem @ the Ca rest areas.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:25 PM   #32
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
That's why I have no slides on mine.
Harder and harder to find that anymore. ..

Most the shows have trailers with 2 to 4 slides. They give great floor space, feel like a condo, but there is NO way to use them on the road in many cases.

Kind of makes me think of the rv ads in the magazines.. Has the rv on the beach and the happy family camping with all the lights on.. Then you get it home and realize no power to keep the iPad charged.. No a/c in the summer heat.. And no power for mom's curling iron!

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 02-24-2016, 03:33 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Harder and harder to find that anymore. ..

Most the shows have trailers with 2 to 4 slides. They give great floor space, feel like a condo, but there is NO way to use them on the road in many cases.

Kind of makes me think of the rv ads in the magazines.. Has the rv on the beach and the happy family camping with all the lights on.. Then you get it home and realize no power to keep the iPad charged.. No a/c in the summer heat.. And no power for mom's curling iron!

What you don't see on the add is the 5000W generator running...
Old 02-24-2016, 03:51 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfarmer View Post
I'm sure I will get all kinds of hate mail from this, but here goes. I have been camping/RVing for 40 years. I figure if I can afford a camper and tow vehicle, I can spend a couple more bucks and stay in a campground. Walmart does not provide any security and I have heard of a couple instances where local police asked the camper to move on. Good for them. So start sending all that hate mail.

No hate from me but I do disagree with you. We have a Moho and we often use Walmart. We always call and ask before settling up and always go in and shop and thank the manager on duty.
It is quick and easy to stop. We usually just want to sleep and get back on the road. We don't use it as a extended stay. We have not had any major issues and I highly recommend it. It's not a matter of being cheap it's strictly Convenience and security. I feel safer in the parking lot with people coming and going than a rest stop.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:54 PM   #35

awellis3,

Next time you need to overnight en route in the Scranton-Wilkes-Barre area, the Petro truck stop at the airport exit has RV parking and an 30 amp hook-up or about 20 bucks a night. We stayed there one cold (-10F with wind chill) March night on the way home. We were able to run the furnace all night and go for a hot breakfast next morning. They have a pretty good lunch and dinner buffet, too.
halliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:56 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
No hate from me but I do disagree with you.
It is quick and easy to stop. We usually just want to sleep and get back on the road. We don't use it as a extended stay. We have not had any major issues and I highly recommend it. It's not a matter of being cheap it's strictly Convenience and security. I feel safer in the parking lot with people coming and going than a rest stop.
agreed. Plus anyone coming into my trailer in the middle of the night can expect the same type of greeting if they came into my home in the middle of the night.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
Just explaining: The reason I asked the questions is because the HTT we are planning to buy can't be used with the slides in. We can make it work with the beds in though. But my question about the stabilizers is that I was not sure if we could move the slides w/o the frame be stable....
Welcome to the "Roo Crew!" I think if you do some searching in the Hybrid section, you can find some threads on "turtling" - which is what you are asking about. Spending the night without putting the tent ends down.

I think the (near) consensus from the hybrid owners on turtling at Wally World or in another parking lot is don't put the tent ends down - for several reasons. But I wouldn't worry about having the slides out or putting the stabilizers down. You won't hurt anything to have the slides out with the stabilizers up, but with those torsion axles, the trailer can really bounce and rock when people are moving around.

The 23IKSS is definitely not user friendly with the slides in. Turtling, to us, was not anything we wanted to be able to do, so it was a no-brainer to go with this floor plan and get the extra space when setup and it takes about 30 seconds to put the kitchen slide out when we stop for a lunch break or to use the bathroom. It comes down to what is important for how you want to use it. But I wouldn't sweat putting the slides out in a parking lot as long as you are off where you have a little extra space to do it.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:16 PM   #38
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
What you don't see on the add is the 5000W generator running...
No they left that out for us to answer to the frantic new RVer that is boondocking on the beach and thinks they broke their convertor because they have no a/c power.

I like the turtleing name, never seen a roo with the ends in but my guess it was like our popup bef9re I pulled out the end bed slides with the roof cranked up..

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 02-24-2016, 05:55 PM   #39

All those links of Walmart shoppers, sounds like they need a few of walmart campers too.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:59 PM   #40

[QUOTE=

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I want to know where that place is and how they got that MH in there,if it has ground clearance like my 3051 it would be hung up on a rock 10 feet after you turned off the road
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parking