Old 02-24-2016, 11:32 AM   #1

Parking @ Walmart

Hello Folks,
We are planning our July trip and would like to hear those that have stayed overnight at Walmart parking lot with a HTT.
The questions we have so far are:
Do you disconnect the trailer from the car?
Do you drop the stabilizer jacks?
Do you open the beds and or the slide outs?

Thank you for any info,
Ricardo

Old 02-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #2

Homesteading at Wally World

We leave ours hitched but put the slide out. We don't put down the jacks. The Allstays app will tell you the friendly Walmarts along the way. Some allow overnight parking, some do not. It's always best to ask the Customer Service desk when you stop.

flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
X2
Old 02-24-2016, 11:55 AM   #4

Parking @ Walmart

I'm sure I will get all kinds of hate mail from this, but here goes. I have been camping/RVing for 40 years. I figure if I can afford a camper and tow vehicle, I can spend a couple more bucks and stay in a campground. Walmart does not provide any security and I have heard of a couple instances where local police asked the camper to move on. Good for them. So start sending all that hate mail.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #5

I've been told that Cracker Barrel is camper friendly as well. Plus you get a great breakfast only steps away! I know the blurb below is mainly for large tour groups but hey, CB attracts a different crowd than Wally World! I think it could be safer.

• Ample motorcoach parking at most locations. Check with the individual location for details.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is a proud member of Motorcoach/Tour/Travel Associations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia as well as AATC, BT, GOF, SCM, STS, TSS, GWRRA, FMA, and Good Sam Club.
We'd be pleased to have you stop in and enjoy a meal during your next tour.
flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #6
Left Coast

No 'hate mail' from here.....just on the move......and pick my spots.........no overnight'n thru Calif. at rest stops....arrive late, leave early..
Old 02-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymhi View Post
I've been told that Cracker Barrel is camper friendly as well. Plus you get a great breakfast only steps away! I know the blurb below is mainly for large tour groups but hey, CB attracts a different crowd that Wally World! I think it could be safer.

• Ample motorcoach parking at most locations. Check with the individual location for details.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is a proud member of Motorcoach/Tour/Travel Associations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia as well as AATC, BT, GOF, SCM, STS, TSS, GWRRA, FMA, and Good Sam Club.
We'd be pleased to have you stop in and enjoy a meal during your next tour.
Not every CB can accommodate ~~ best check BEFORE arrival as there are some you will have a hard time getting out of, especially during business hours.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
No 'hate mail' from here.....just on the move......and pick my spots.........no overnight'n thru Calif. at rest stops....arrive late, leave early..
More than CA does not permit overnight at rest stops. However, if I arrive late and leave early I've never had a problem. Had troopers in 2 states tell me they would rather see us there than driving off the road as I fell asleep at the wheel. Slides rarely go out unless for the short time my wife needs the stove. Besides ~ a truck could knock it completely off. I don't spend a penny at Walmart and will not spend a night there either. Nearly every stop is planned at a CG or they will be called to see if they have a pull-thru available for a short time.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:21 PM   #9

Stayed at many Wall Marts. Most DO have security and are well lit. We have asked if we could stay a few times but not always. We have never been asked to leave. We usually need to do some shopping anyway so it works out well. We are in a motorhome and we do put out our slides, bur seldom run the generator and never put out the awning.
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #10
Left Coast

Different element of folks out here, I guess..

Tags
parking