Old 10-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #31

Hemlock04, we just got back from ordering ours. 8 - 10 weeks out. This weekend, could you take pics of both the storage areas and let me know how big they are? Have a great time!!!!

Old 10-06-2016, 10:11 AM   #32

The openings for the front pass through are 18X9.5

Old 10-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #33

so with the ikss do you all take a grill with you, for steaks, or just use the one that attaches to the camper? we have this one, but not sure where we would store it, as storage doesn't look big enough. https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-9949-...=coleman+grill
Old 10-12-2016, 05:42 AM   #34

For steaks, burgers, chops, or dogs, we use the campfire as much as possible. If it's too wet or hot for a fire, I use the grill that came with my ikss. It's not the best quality but it serves the purpose.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:48 PM   #35

We use a Weber Q, I think the bumper grill is awful. We put ours in the bed of the truck, but there is quite a big space righ ft in the doorway in front of our sofa to put stuff while traveling.

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:01 PM   #36

sewingcybermom, you have been so helpful and wonderful to me!! thank you so much!!! so I have an outdoor kitchen setup, folds up into a bag that is about 30" x 40" by 10". do you think it would fit right by the door when the camper is all closed up for traveling?
Old 10-13-2016, 08:24 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppercamper View Post
so with the ikss do you all take a grill with you, for steaks, or just use the one that attaches to the camper? we have this one, but not sure where we would store it, as storage doesn't look big enough. https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-9949-...=coleman+grill
That grille has about as much chance as a snowball in August of getting in the storage compartment. I pretty much cook over the fire and if we are in a rush I have used the grille that comes with the camper. I like the grille that comes with camper it is easy to slide on and I find that it works well. To echo cybermom there is a decent amount of room in the door area with the slides closed, more than enough for that grille. If you don't plan on bringing factory grille you could also store yours in the bathroom on the trip.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:15 PM   #38

Quote:
Hemlock04, we just got back from ordering ours. 8 - 10 weeks out. This weekend, could you take pics of both the storage areas and let me know how big they are? Have a great time!!!!
Our 23IKSS is in and we have a pdi scheduled for next week! Do you still need pics/dimensions of any of the storage openings?
Old 11-05-2016, 01:15 AM   #39

Maman325 Congratulations!!!!!! I bet you are so excited. Were you able to get the new one with the solid surface counters as well?? Yes We would all love pictures of your new camper, and I would love to know what the dimensions are, if you don't mind giving them to us. Have you scheduled your "break in" camping trip yet???? If ours comes when it says it will, we will do that weekend in the desert 20 min from home, and celebrate our 10 year anniversary with all our friends, so it will be lots of fun, and I'm sure all the people we camp with will give us lots of "input" haha. Also let us know if you have any issues with your PDI.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:19 PM   #40

Quote:
Maman325 Congratulations!!!!!! I bet you are so excited. Were you able to get the new one with the solid surface counters as well?? Yes We would all love pictures of your new camper, and I would love to know what the dimensions are, if you don't mind giving them to us. Have you scheduled your "break in" camping trip yet???? If ours comes when it says it will, we will do that weekend in the desert 20 min from home, and celebrate our 10 year anniversary with all our friends, so it will be lots of fun, and I'm sure all the people we camp with will give us lots of "input" haha. Also let us know if you have any issues with your PDI.
Thanks! We are in love!
We had ordered a new unit, so we got the newest floorplan (dinette on kitchen side, coat closet, solid surface counters except in bathroom). We had also seen an ottoman in another unit (the 2304DS, I think), and ordered an ottoman to match the sofa ($200) - so glad we did that. It has storage inside (good for bedding for the dinette/sofabed, or storage for whoever is sleeping there), and is great for lounging on the sofa & watching tv.

I think you were asking about the rear storage area dimensions? (Have taken lots of measurements, so just holler and I can send others) The outside opening is 14 1/4" h x 14 1/4" w, and the inside is a trapezoidal shape. So the inside dimensions are 11 1/4" deep (although there is a furring strip along the bottom of the back that is 3/4", so if you want something to sit evenly, I'd consider it to be 10 1/2" deep. Inside height is 22". Width is 40" closest to the outside of the camper, and 33" closest to the inside (again, trapezoid). Btw - your water valves/bypass valves/water filter is behind the wall in that storage area.

PDI went great. They spent a lot of time with us (we were probably there over 3 hours), brought out their solar expert (we had them install some Renogy solar panels on the roof & an mppt (?) controller) to answer questions, installed our WDH for no charge. No issues - and they encouraged us to call them ANYTIME with questions or issues. We've been really happy w/this dealer.

Long story - but we are temporarily without a tow vehicle, so we will have to settle for camping in the driveway and playing around organizing it for now...but can't wait to take it EVERYWHERE. :-)

Attaching a picture of that inside rear storage area. I hope you get yours soon, too!!!

Tags
pdi