Old 10-03-2016, 01:41 PM   #1

PDI charge for 2017 23ikss solid surface

First thank you all so much for all the info you share!!!! I have read so many posts, and done so much studying on here. Thanks to the wonderful pics shared by "Howard Ave" we have finally decided on a 2017 23ikss solid surface. (thank you to whoever posted the NEW floorplan when they switched it midway through the season!!) So there are only 2 dealerships in AZ that are authorized to order through. I got him down $2000 and I will finance through my Credit union. (thanks also for the updated extended warranty posts!) But he said there is a $500 PDI charge. It will include 2 propane tanks filled, the battery, the walkthrough, store discounts, free stays at campgrounds. Wanting to know from you all if this is an acceptable amount or should I talk him down??? We also like to run batteries in parallel, so at least get him to through in the second battery?? We sign tomorrow night, so any other info would be wonderful. I did print the PDI checklist that was on here. He said 8 - 10 weeks to get it. thanks for you help
~StopperCamper
17 days of popup camping 2016
Ford F150

Old 10-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #2

A PDI is built into the selling price somewhere, whether it's shown as a separate line item or included in the total price.

If you've compared and are satisfied with the price, I would request the dealer include two Group 31 batteries of your choice (they should be true deep cycle and not dual purpose, with the largest reserve minutes available) in parallel and the two propane tanks filled as well as a starter kit.

On your day of pick up, make them walk you through everything, including location of slide out fuses etc.

2009 GMC K1500 4x4 Crew Cab
2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:21 PM   #3

Some dealers will give you an "out the door" number that includes everything - freight, prep, propane, battery, etc and others throw a low number out there and then itemize those charges.

The only way to really know if you negotiated a good deal or not is to get another quote and make sure you are comparing final price on both. Either get a price from another dealer in the area, or get a price from one of the online dealers and then add in some extra cost for transport (and maybe hassle) to your location.

2005 F-150 FX4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:30 PM   #4

Congratulations! Ours is on order (w/the new floorplan!) and we're impatiently waiting for it to be built. I've started to see a few pictures being posted of the new-new floorplan (if you Google search a 2017 Rockwood 23IKSS and limit your search to posts within the past week, you'll find a few listings w/pictures) - so aside from doing research on the forums, I can stalk pictures of units that should look pretty much like what we'll get to pass the time. ;-) We know we may have been able to get a lower price, but we negotiated and really like the dealer we chose - so we have decided to be happy with that. :-)
Old 10-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #5
Site Team

Some dealers break out PDI and some do not. As mentioned if you are happy with the deal ask for the second battery and pay for the PDI. Make sure your PDI meets your requirements ( everything tested and demonstrated). Don't sign anything until you are happy with unit and the PDI. If they insist you sign first leave.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:52 PM   #6
Site Team

I paid a PDI fee but it was worth it for me. Nothing was wrong with my unit and I got a long detailed walk through. At first I hated the thought of paying but afterwards I didn't mind. In fact I went back to refresh my memory and got more one-on-one instruction.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:52 PM   #7

PDI cost is subject to dealer`s policy.
Some charge and some add to the price and advertise " no PDI cost".
In my case, my dealer had a $360 "preparation" fee.
I negotiated the trailer price down to around 70% of MRSP price and when I thought the price was already good, I told them I would accept their offer if it included a cover for the trailer.
They thought for a moment and accepted.
For us a cover cost $500+ but for them is way less than that so good deal for all.
If you are not interested on a cover (which I strongly recommend if you will not store your unity inside) you can make a list of what you will need and add that to the final negotiation.
Just make sure you specify the brand and the model of what you want, otherwise you may be surprised...
Nights camped in 2016 - 22
Miles rode in 2016 - 6001
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:34 AM   #8

I am assuming I am "Howard Avenue" hehehe...
Glad I could help you out, although I would have loved it if you bought MY 23ikss..
Good luck, have some great adventures, and check in often to the ROO forums! We're always posting tips, mods, and great info there!

Happy Camping!!!

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:25 AM   #9

RACarvalho, oh I lOVE that idea. I was definitively thinking of a cover anyways, so that is a great idea. now when you say be sure to specify, do you mean on ordering the camper, or the cover for it?
Old 10-04-2016, 07:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppercamper View Post
RACarvalho, oh I lOVE that idea. I was definitively thinking of a cover anyways, so that is a great idea. now when you say be sure to specify, do you mean on ordering the camper, or the cover for it?
I mean specify exactly what cover you want, brand and model for there are some really cheap that it's not worth.
When they agree, make them write in the paper, the one you sign agreeing with the terms, that it includes cover brand XXXX model YYYY.
In my case just below that they wrote 'and nothing more" .....

Nights camped in 2016 - 22
Miles rode in 2016 - 6001
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdi