Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #1

PDI today but no camper

Today we went for our demo/PDI on our new Roo 233S. Drove 2 hours to find out our demo was missed schedule for 4/26 instead of 3/26. The camper is sitting on the lot but they wouldn't let us take it today because it hasn't gone thru the prep/setup. They had too many campers scheduled for delivery today to add it in. So now we're schedule to go back next Thurs for our PDI.
We wanted to go inside an take a look around but couldn't get the door to unlock. The keys matched the VIN to the camper but would not unlock the door. Service guy even lubed the lock w/ no help. Makes me wonder.
Hopefully next week will be better and we'll be able to get inside.
ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrishCamper View Post
Today we went for our demo/PDI on our new Roo 233S. Drove 2 hours to find out our demo was missed schedule for 4/26 instead of 3/26. The camper is sitting on the lot but they wouldn't let us take it today because it hasn't gone thru the prep/setup. They had too many campers scheduled for delivery today to add it in. So now we're schedule to go back next Thurs for our PDI.
We wanted to go inside an take a look around but couldn't get the door to unlock. The keys matched the VIN to the camper but would not unlock the door. Service guy even lubed the lock w/ no help. Makes me wonder.
Any way to get reimbursed for mileage/gas since you drove 2 hours one way b/c of their error?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Who screwed up on the date...you or the dealer? If it was the dealer, maybe they'll throw in a few "freebies" from their store (sewer hose, freshwater hose, wheel chocks, or something) to compensate you for your time and fuel expense to travel to their store twice for the PDI.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #4

I didn't ask. I don't think so because the camper is already fully funded and all I got was a lot of apologizes.
I will say the Demo tech said he will install our WDH free because of it.
Not only gas but my husband and I took today off from work and now we have to take Thursday off. No fun spending a vacation day driving 5 hours to look at the outside of your camper.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:06 PM   #5

Quote:
I didn't ask. I don't think so because the camper is already fully funded and all I got was a lot of apologizes.
I will say the Demo tech said he will install our WDH free because of it.
Not only gas but my husband and I took today off from work and now we have to take Thursday off. No fun spending a vacation day driving 5 hours to look at the outside of your camper.
Hell, I'd ask 'em for the moon anyway. What's the worst they can say? No? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck and however it turns out, with the new trailer!
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #6

We purchased online w/ delivery at their local dealership. The internet finance manager set the date wrong. She tried telling me they upgraded their computers which is why the dates got messed up from 3 to 4.
The local dealership doesn't get too involved in it other then talking w/ the internet finance manager to tell them the earliest demo date they had for next week.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #7

guess that's the downfall of not buying person to person
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #8

Quote:
That's the worst kind tease - here's your new camper you've been waiting months for - but sorry you can't take it with you and oh by the way, we can't get the door open!

Hopefully its all good from here. I'm sure you'll enjoy it once you can get inside.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
We purchased online w/ delivery at their local dealership. The internet finance manager set the date wrong. She tried telling me they upgraded their computers which is why the dates got messed up from 3 to 4.
The local dealership doesn't get too involved in it other then talking w/ the internet finance manager to tell them the earliest demo date they had for next week.
They made the mistake, they'd surely be giving me some kind of compensation for 4 hours of travel and an unneeded day off of work and it would be more than just setting up the WDH on the truck (which you'll have to learn and redo anyway).
Old 03-27-2014, 07:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the mis-schedule. The fact that they couldn't get the door open worries me a little bit.. I guess this means I will be doing my PDI before you now though... I will let you know how that goes ..

I agree with the others, maybe you could use it to get just a couple extra little goodies out of the store ? I'll probably mention your situation when I go in on Friday and see if I can encourage something along those lines for you ...

Robert
Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #11

You know, if looking at it at face value, I wouldn't make a big stink out of it. Simply drop a little bug in the ear of the service manager that he can make up for it with expediting any future warranty repairs.
This is not the time to show your anger, displeasure or start poor relations with the people you will need service from in the near future. I say this because not everything will get caught during the PDI there is bound to be something show up no matter how minor with in your warranty period.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
You know, if looking at it at face value, I wouldn't make a big stink out of it. Simply drop a little bug in the ear of the service manager that he can make up for it with expediting any future warranty repairs.
This is not the time to show your anger, displeasure or start poor relations with the people you will need service from in the near future. I say this because not everything will get caught during the PDI there is bound to be something show up no matter how minor with in your warranty period.
I like this advice. I've also found that a little bit of leniency or understanding when mistakes happen go a long way with service managers. You'll be working with them again so good to build your relationship with them.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhroll24 View Post
Sorry to hear about the mis-schedule. The fact that they couldn't get the door open worries me a little bit.. I guess this means I will be doing my PDI before you now though... I will let you know how that goes ..

I agree with the others, maybe you could use it to get just a couple extra little goodies out of the store ? I'll probably mention your situation when I go in on Friday and see if I can encourage something along those lines for you ...

Robert
Robert, if I was you I would call Chris (Demo/delivery manager - I have his cell if you want me to email it to you) and make sure all is good for your PDI and the date/time is correct. Did you order a Roo?? Because I only saw 1 Roo in the demo lot and it was supposedly ours. Makes me wonder if it wasn't ours now. It had all the options we opted for on the outside.
Your PDI is tomorrow? Good luck. While you're there see if you have any luck unlocking my door.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
We did very well not showing our frustration. In fact we told the delivery manager it wasn't his fault and after spending a lot of time trying to get the door open we told him not to worry about it we would go and look at the inside of a 233S on the lot. We could see all the campers they were prepping. He gave me his cell number and asked me to call him once our PDI was reschedule so he could make sure it was on the books correctly and he personally would go over our camper w/ a fine tooth comb to make sure our PDI goes well.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #15
MI Camperz

Quote:
We did very well not showing our frustration. In fact we told the delivery manager it wasn't his fault and after spending a lot of time trying to get the door open we told him not to worry about it we would go and look at the inside of a 233S on the lot. We could see all the campers they were prepping. He gave me his cell number and asked me to call him once our PDI was reschedule so he could make sure it was on the books correctly and he personally would go over our camper w/ a fine tooth comb to make sure our PDI goes well.
Well, it sounds like the delivery manager is building in extra personal service already. That's good. Having a great PDI is priceless. But just in case, here's a tool for you:
RV Inspection Checklist.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #16
Oklahoma Proud

Op. If it makes you feel any better. I went and looked at a car today (an individual had for sale), and just before we pulled up, thier toddler jumped in, with the car running and locked the doors accidentally (and thier only set of keys inside). After about 15-20 min. he finaly understood and figured out how to roll the window down so we could get in.
Any how I bought the car and have a funny story to tell now!
Sometimes you just got to laugh about it all!!!

Congrats on you new toy!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:35 PM   #17
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Op. If it makes you feel any better. I went and looked at a car today (an individual had for sale), and just before we pulled up, thier toddler jumped in, with the car running and locked the doors accidentally (and thier only set of keys inside). After about 15-20 min. he finaly understood and figured out how to roll the window down so we could get in.
Any how I bought the car and have a funny story to tell now!
Sometimes you just got to laugh about it all!!!

Congrats on you new toy!

You mean I'm not the only one? Only said toddler was locked in car seat and couldn't help. Had to call the Sheriff. Recently, repeated this with dog and was trying like heck to get dog to stamp paw on window button to no avail. Had to call tow truck. Soon I'll tie my record for number of back-up accidents in one year.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #18
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
You mean I'm not the only one? Only said toddler was locked in car seat and couldn't help. Had to call the Sheriff. Recently, repeated this with dog and was trying like heck to get dog to stamp paw on window button to no avail. Had to call tow truck. Soon I'll tie my record for number of back-up accidents in one year.
I'm sorry but I just chuckled and shook my head.
Man, I sure do like spare keys and hide-a-keys. Can't count the number of times I've locked my self our of my commuter car!

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #19
Site Team

The 4 hours for wasted drive time blows. Asking for a toys from the store for the woes is a thought I did that when I bought my last 2 units at time of sale.
Yes your gonna want a real good relationship with the service department.
If your lucks like mine your gonna get know them real well. Last time I was there I brought my service rep a 6 pack for looking out for me and unit.
Now the service from the techs is hit or miss. Making the service rep all the more important!
Congrats on the new toy!

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:07 AM   #20

Quote:
Robert, if I was you I would call Chris (Demo/delivery manager - I have his cell if you want me to email it to you) and make sure all is good for your PDI and the date/time is correct. Did you order a Roo?? Because I only saw 1 Roo in the demo lot and it was supposedly ours. Makes me wonder if it wasn't ours now. It had all the options we opted for on the outside.
Your PDI is tomorrow? Good luck. While you're there see if you have any luck unlocking my door.
They actually called to verify our date/time. So, I think we are good to go. We are picking up a Sunseeker 3010. I have a ton of stuff we brought to put in it. I"m really hoping they can get all of the doors and storage open ... I'll ask about your roo..

Robert

Tags
camper, pdi