Old 03-26-2014, 08:56 PM   #1

PDI today but no camper

Today we went for our demo/PDI on our new Roo 233S. Drove 2 hours to find out our demo was missed schedule for 4/26 instead of 3/26. The camper is sitting on the lot but they wouldn't let us take it today because it hasn't gone thru the prep/setup. They had too many campers scheduled for delivery today to add it in. So now we're schedule to go back next Thurs for our PDI.
We wanted to go inside an take a look around but couldn't get the door to unlock. The keys matched the VIN to the camper but would not unlock the door. Service guy even lubed the lock w/ no help. Makes me wonder.
Hopefully next week will be better and we'll be able to get inside.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrishCamper View Post
Today we went for our demo/PDI on our new Roo 233S. Drove 2 hours to find out our demo was missed schedule for 4/26 instead of 3/26. The camper is sitting on the lot but they wouldn't let us take it today because it hasn't gone thru the prep/setup. They had too many campers scheduled for delivery today to add it in. So now we're schedule to go back next Thurs for our PDI.
We wanted to go inside an take a look around but couldn't get the door to unlock. The keys matched the VIN to the camper but would not unlock the door. Service guy even lubed the lock w/ no help. Makes me wonder.
Any way to get reimbursed for mileage/gas since you drove 2 hours one way b/c of their error?

Old 03-26-2014, 09:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Who screwed up on the date...you or the dealer? If it was the dealer, maybe they'll throw in a few "freebies" from their store (sewer hose, freshwater hose, wheel chocks, or something) to compensate you for your time and fuel expense to travel to their store twice for the PDI.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #4

I didn't ask. I don't think so because the camper is already fully funded and all I got was a lot of apologizes.
I will say the Demo tech said he will install our WDH free because of it.
Not only gas but my husband and I took today off from work and now we have to take Thursday off. No fun spending a vacation day driving 5 hours to look at the outside of your camper.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #5

Quote:
I didn't ask. I don't think so because the camper is already fully funded and all I got was a lot of apologizes.
I will say the Demo tech said he will install our WDH free because of it.
Not only gas but my husband and I took today off from work and now we have to take Thursday off. No fun spending a vacation day driving 5 hours to look at the outside of your camper.
Hell, I'd ask 'em for the moon anyway. What's the worst they can say? No? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck and however it turns out, with the new trailer!
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #6

We purchased online w/ delivery at their local dealership. The internet finance manager set the date wrong. She tried telling me they upgraded their computers which is why the dates got messed up from 3 to 4.
The local dealership doesn't get too involved in it other then talking w/ the internet finance manager to tell them the earliest demo date they had for next week.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #7

guess that's the downfall of not buying person to person
davel1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #8

Quote:
That's the worst kind tease - here's your new camper you've been waiting months for - but sorry you can't take it with you and oh by the way, we can't get the door open!

Hopefully its all good from here. I'm sure you'll enjoy it once you can get inside.

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #9
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
We purchased online w/ delivery at their local dealership. The internet finance manager set the date wrong. She tried telling me they upgraded their computers which is why the dates got messed up from 3 to 4.
The local dealership doesn't get too involved in it other then talking w/ the internet finance manager to tell them the earliest demo date they had for next week.
They made the mistake, they'd surely be giving me some kind of compensation for 4 hours of travel and an unneeded day off of work and it would be more than just setting up the WDH on the truck (which you'll have to learn and redo anyway).
Old 03-27-2014, 08:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the mis-schedule. The fact that they couldn't get the door open worries me a little bit.. I guess this means I will be doing my PDI before you now though... I will let you know how that goes ..

I agree with the others, maybe you could use it to get just a couple extra little goodies out of the store ? I'll probably mention your situation when I go in on Friday and see if I can encourage something along those lines for you ...

Robert

Tags
camper, pdi