Our big day was today! We brought home our new Roo 233S.
After arriving for our appointment at 11:30 this morning and having our walk through/orientationwe headed back home from Terrytown RV in Grand Rapids, MI with our new hybrid. Total drive time was about 2.5 hours back to Troy Michigan. The dealer set up the WDH, a Husky Centerline 800-8000 4 point, showed me how to connect/disconnect it, and off we went! The new tow vehicle, a 2016 F 150 3.5 EB towed the camper very well with plenty of power.
Our first glitch happened before we left the parking lot, although we didn't realize it until we were about a third way home. We realized we forgot to give the dealer the license plate to install! We drove on until we reached Howell where we stopped for a bite to eat. Couldn't attach the plate because we had to bolts/nuts, so we decided to continue on home.
The remainder of the trip was uneventful. Backing into the driveway was fairly easy, although making the cut was a bit tight. Unfortunately I found that the chocks I bought, BAL 28000 tire lock chocks won't fit between the tires! That was about the time I realized all my wood blocks were in our pop-up, and that because my driveway has a fair amount of pitch my front stabilizers wouldn't reach the ground when the Roo was leveled out I really needed them! DUH!! Even dumber, for some stupid reason I unlatched the ball from the hitch before I lifted the load bars off the brackets. Couldn't figure out why, despite having really lifted the power tongue jack almost all the way up, the bars wouldn't lift off the brackets. Hopefully that will be the last time I make that mistake!
After finally unhitching we continued on to chock the wheels and shim up the stabilizers, first with bricks, then wood blocks after a trip to the hardware store, and we set it up and popped out the slide out and the front and side bunks, and the awning.
We are extremely happy with the unit. The only issue we have found so far is a small chip in the strip around the small countertop by the dinette and the front bunk. Easy to miss and hopefully easy for me to fix.
Our first trip is planned for about 2 weeks from now, weather depending. We hope to season the bunk ends in the next few days and treat them after, Now all we need is some good weather and to sell our Starcraft pop-up!