Originally Posted by dogevans
I am concerned too. Purchased a 2016 21BD and have had a few problems.
Traded in a 2011 21ss because I got tired dealing with slide out issues.
Problems so far with the 21BD:
1. Passenger side skirting fell off 300 miles after leaving the dealer. The
manufacture sent me materials to fix the problem.
2. Light switch in bathroom came loose from wall. Was installed against
electrical cord inside the wall, causing switch to push out from wall. I
glued a small plastic panel to the wall and reinstalled the switch.
3. Shower leaked water through the walls. I caulked the fasteners attaching
the wall panels.
4. Plastic part attaching support poles on one tent end broke.
5. Bike rack is useless, the two fixed bike mounts are too close together.
6. No regulation of volume between inside and outside speakers.
Clearly there was no quality control used by the manufacture and dealer
on the unit I purchased. Having purchased the unit 600 miles from home,
and dealing with the dealer, I have solved the problems by myself, to my
I will admit that the workmanship and materials of this unit (my fourth camper) are not as good as my first ones. But I like the layout of the new one so much more.
Hope more campers will respond with their problems so we can help each
This is how I fixed the stereo issue since there is no built in fader. I didn't want to use 'balance' as a fader as the factory had wired.
Genesis gt 2.0 mods