Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
What he said!

I would have paid up if FR offered an option that incorporated the concept into the factory tenting - both for looks and convienience. If extreme temps, they really are amazing, but I hate clipping a bunch of tin foil all over a brand new camper.
remember, FR nor any of the other hybrid/popup manufacturers, do NOT make the canvas ends, a sub-contracted canvas manufacturer does.

IMHO, one of these canvas end manufacturers needs to step up and design something that wouldn't require using PUG's.
some offer Sunbrella as an option on some popups/hybrids.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
remember, FR nor any of the other hybrid/popup manufacturers, do NOT make the canvas ends, a sub-contracted canvas manufacturer does.

IMHO, one of these canvas end manufacturers needs to step up and design something that wouldn't require using PUG's.
some offer Sunbrella as an option on some popups/hybrids.
FR doesn't make anything in the camper other than the walls and the cabinets - but I would pay extra for an upgrade regardless of who made it if FR put it on the camper.

It would be nice if the canvas guys took the initiative to come up with a better design, but they may not want to do the development work unless they know a manufacturer is willing to buy them.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine3038 View Post
Bought my PUGS a few weeks ago... man they work awesome but they are BUTT UGLY.... looks like I wrapped my tent ends in duck tape. Seems silly forest river wouldn't come up with something for this....
We used the ones from pop-up gizmos when we had a pop-up. With the Hybrid, I purchase three survival blankets from Bass Pro or some other same type store (can't remember for sure). One fit over the back queen bed perfect. I sewed two together (overlapped) to fit the front. I always put the silver side up, but the blankets were green on the other side, just like the green trim on the bunk canvas. I remember at the time they offered them in a few colors (red, blue, brown?) I went this route because the blanket already had the grommets for my hooks, and it was a lot less money than the PUGs.

Maybe you can cover the tin foil look with a colored nylon rain fly?
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOD Guy View Post
We used the ones from pop-up gizmos when we had a pop-up. With the Hybrid, I purchase three survival blankets from Bass Pro or some other same type store (can't remember for sure). One fit over the back queen bed perfect. I sewed two together (overlapped) to fit the front. I always put the silver side up, but the blankets were green on the other side, just like the green trim on the bunk canvas. I remember at the time they offered them in a few colors (red, blue, brown?) I went this route because the blanket already had the grommets for my hooks, and it was a lot less money than the PUGs.

Maybe you can cover the tin foil look with a colored nylon rain fly?
That's a good idea! I will have to look into it...
Marine3038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #25

I just got mine delivered yesterday. I think I'm going to sew some nylon strips across them and add some type of hook/loop at the ends and run some kind of line underneath the bunk doors. I don't like the clamps that came with the standard covers I ordered.

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s
thestrangebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #26

Not a bad idea! Post pics when your done - would love to see how it works out

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Marine3038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #27
Engineer of Crazy Train

I bought some better clamps at China Freight.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop up