Old 08-12-2015, 12:29 AM   #31

I purchased a roll of reflectix from home Depot and cut to size. To attach them I bought clips from a dollar store and tie them with rope underneath. Before using this we used to have to wipe up the water in the morning from the condensation. After, is totally dry. Amazing!

Old 08-13-2015, 05:58 AM   #32

Your using reflectix on top in place of pugs? Interesting...hadn't heard of anyone trying that. Don't you end up with multiple pieces to get coverage?

Old 08-13-2015, 08:44 AM   #33

I am using silver colored tarps attached with bungee cords. Trying to convince the wife that the PUGS are better. Can anyone provide some points for me to use in my presentation and cost validation? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #34

RooVader: I bought it in a 4 foot x 25 foot roll. . The width was good for one bunk end so it was straightforward cutting. For the other larger bunk end I had to join two pcs in the middle. I used aluminum tape to join together. Also, reinforced all the edges with the tape.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #35

coryhynes, would you get us a pic of what that looks like sometime?
Old 08-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMurrah View Post
coryhynes, would you get us a pic of what that looks like sometime?
Sure. When I set up again I will post.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #37
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryhynes View Post
RooVader: I bought it in a 4 foot x 25 foot roll. . The width was good for one bunk end so it was straightforward cutting. For the other larger bunk end I had to join two pcs in the middle. I used aluminum tape to join together. Also, reinforced all the edges with the tape.
i can tell you that others have tried using Reflectix, instead of PUGs or the generic all-weather blankets. this is from being on various Hybrid forums over the past 11 years.

after one strong wind gust, their Reflectix was in torn pieces. they don't have the strength to handle wind, like PUGs do.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:12 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
i can tell you that others have tried using Reflectix, instead of PUGs or the generic all-weather blankets. this is from being on various Hybrid forums over the past 11 years.

after one strong wind gust, their Reflectix was in torn pieces. they don't have the strength to handle wind, like PUGs do.
We had a big wins storm last time out. No issues. I reinforced all the edges with aluminum (duct) tape. Maybe that helps.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:19 PM   #39

I've read a here a few times that the PUGs must be removed from a Roo before folding up the bunk ends, and I'm wondering the reason why? I've just received and installed mine with the clips. Now I stood up the mattresses, turned on the fans, folded in the ends with the reflectix in the windows and the PUGs attached to the gutters above the beds. They seemed to fold in very easily. Granted I have not towed her with them on yet, but looks to be no problem.
Anyone else leaving them in place while turtled up and towing?
Old 08-29-2015, 05:39 PM   #40

I believe there are some who are closing up with them on. I usually remove the PUG's so I can wipe ' em off prior to storage, checking for tree sap or bird poo. No reason why you couldn't close up with them on. I guess I would be careful if using the clips, , would not want the clips rubbing on any vinyl or canvas during traveling.
We are using the velcro along the bunk edge to secure the PUG, so I don't think the bunk end would close very well.

Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop up