Old 08-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #11

Thanks all for the info. I'll be on the look out for these PUG's. There is a ton of info on this site.

5.7-liter Hemi V-8

2015 nights camped - 5
Tewksburyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
Moderators' Assistant

no need to be on the lookout for PUGs, they aren't sold anywhere except on their website.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #13

Whoops....meant to mean I'd be on the look out in the campgrounds for these in use.
5.7-liter Hemi V-8

2015 nights camped - 5
Tewksburyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewksburyduck View Post
Whoops....meant to mean I'd be on the look out in the campgrounds for these in use.
That makes 2 of us. I've been reading about the PUG's and what they do since we first started camping in a trailer. But I've been waiting to pull the trigger until I can see them in action. I also want the wife to see them before investing the money. We got our first hybrid trailer in the fall of 2007 and upgraded early last year to the 233S. But I have yet to see any PUGs in action at any campground we've been to all these years...
BeagleIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Mark,
I should edit my comment to "Pugs (popup gizmos) are very popular amongst hybrid and popup campers who partake of these boards (FRF, RV.net, iRV2, popup and hybrid explorer).

That is more accurate. Just consider, though, that most trailer owners do not regularly participate in trailer forums.

In my experience, this summer we stayed twice at a large state CG in WI called Peninsula SP and I looked carefully as I walked the dogs and drove around. I was one of two hybrids with pugs over 14 days at PSP. Two more had modded survival blankets and the rest had nothing.

They really do work. Give Bob a call at popup gizmos and talk over your situation. I know he has a vested interest in selling his product, but I found him to honestly answer my detailed questions and not to oversell their benefits.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #16

In all the camping this summer we've only seen two other campers using them. This is the first year we are using them. If I had joined a camping forum long ago I'm sure we would have used them on our pup the first I had heard about them. So glad to have them now with the new hybrid. Really wishing others would post up pictures of what theirs look like on their camper (margins, tightness, hanging over edge). We have the SHW ones and am working out right sizes with Bob as we were shipped wrong sizes.

http://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
Really wishing others would post up pictures of what theirs look like on their camper (margins, tightness, hanging over edge). We have the SHW ones and am working out right sizes with Bob as we were shipped wrong sizes.
I'll post some pics when I get home this week

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #18

Fantastic. Looking fwd to seeing them. Thanks.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #19
Moderators' Assistant

i've been on a variety of hybrid forums for over 8 years now and i didn't need to see PUGs being used to decide to get them.
they are overwhelmingly loved and recommended on all 8 hybrid forums i belong to and have been that way for the past 8 years.
they are constantly asked about and constantly recommended.
out of hundreds of posts about them, i've only seen one post who thought that they were "alright".
all the others saw a definite improvement is temp control.

to me, word of mouth is more valuable information than waiting to see someone else use them before i'll buy them.
and that's not even counting how many popup owners have been using and recommending them for even longer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #20

Dan...
I own them already. I purchased them in Jan/Feb. They work great. The problem is that I was shipped the wrong ones. The sizes are from a 23ss and 21ss for a 233s. I want to see what they look like on a Roo Hybrid to know what a good fit looks like. On the front bed he is going to use the one he sent me but remove some fabric rather than send me a new one made for that bunk end. His choice and I'm fine with that. We are sending back to him at his expense after Labor Day weekend. He has asked me to size it out or if taking a few inches off of what I already have will suffice for that front bunk end. I agree that they are a good product. We have been happy with them even though they are the wrong size. The problem is they dont look right and one actually tore because it is too small. If I had seen pictures of what gizmos look like on another Roo I would have recognized something was a miss and well before one of them tore. I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Tags
pop up