Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #1
2016 Rockwood Roo 21dk

Puck lights at costco

Got these puk lights at Costco for 15 bucks. Been looking to add some lights to our 23dk roo. They dim and can be put on a timer with the remote.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1484446310520.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	128045  
jaymemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:48 PM   #2

Two questions:

1. How much?

2. Are they bright enough?

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:05 AM   #3

I bought some similar to those. I used the adhesive tape that came with the lights. They fell down on the first cold night. I didn't bother putting them up with the supplied hardware because they were not bright enough for me.

They may work fine for you.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to BGinVA
I've tried these in my home for some under cabinet lighting. Pretty worthless. For some reason, the batteries drain fast despite the fact the lights are off. Frustrating. Not worth the hassle, but maybe you will have better luck.
BGinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #5

I just bought these too. I have tried one, and it is more than bright enough for adding a little light to the bunk ends which was my plan. Hopefully they work out better for me than it sounds like they have for others. I may hang them with Velcro command strips.
scbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:16 PM   #6

I have these same Costco puck lights on the sides, under the rail in the bed of my pickup, mounted with 2" velcro tape for easy removal. I also mounted the remote to the rear of the bed (under a tonneau cover) where I can get at it to turn the lights on/off. They are not "reading" lights brightness, but they do give a little extra illumination in a dark area.

I like that they can also be turned on/off with the simple push on the dome of the light besides having the remote. I have similar lights in cabinets in the Shamrock to be able to see what is in the cabinet, which is frequently in shadow. The stock stickums do not work well, but after buying a 15 foot roll of 2" velcro sticky tape at Walmart a couple of years ago, I use the velcro and the better quality of sticky tape on the back seems to work well.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #7

I bought 2 sets of them last year and installed them in several under lighted places in our Rockwood 2304KS. They work great, and I love the remote. They do go through batteries pretty quickly, so you have to be sure to turn them off when not needed.
Denny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:13 PM   #8

I bought these for under-cabinet lighting. I quit using them because they were costing a fortune in AA batteries. I called the manufacturer to ask why they were battery hogs. I was told that the lights were constantly looking for the remote. He told me, even if they were never turned on, they would drain the batteries within a month or two. I trashed them.
biznsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:54 PM   #9
TARVIDSON

Puck Light

I have a puck light that doesn't have a remote, you just push the face to turn it on and off. I just use it to light up the switches next to the door when I need to read them and they have not needed any batteries in two years of use so the remote being a battery hog sounds about right.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:56 PM   #10

Another quality product built to a price only. The batteries don't last because of the wireless control. The receiver has to be on all of the time in each light for the remote to operate. The good news is that at Costco, you can take 'em back!
Photo Lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #11

A better idea for cabinets and outside basement storage areas. Will automatically turn on by infrared, and battery life is good. I installed them in each overhead cabinet and basement areas in our RV and have been using them for over a year with out battery replacement. They use 4 AAA batteries. Also use them in the house for pantry cabinets

From Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/T-02-Anywhere...t+for+cabinets
brydle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:31 PM   #12

Interesting thread. Same problem here with short battery life. Like having the pucks for lighting up the interior when the main batteries are in storage.

We installed a pair of the puck lights under the dinette corner shelves in our 233S. Wanted to address our only peave with the Roo, which is no light switch right next to the door (our previous Jayco had this feature). Idea was with the remote holder next to the door my DW could turn the pucks on without wading through the trailer semi-blind, stretching up precariously on her tip toes, and barely reaching the overhead light switch.

Wondering if I can cut the remote receiver out of some of the puck lights to improve battery life? Might be something to try this spring.

Cheers!

Stu
2011 Ford Econoline Club Wagon
stugilmour is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light