Old 06-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
Question about Roo Slide maintenance

I have a 2010 Roo 233S with a Dexter center slide. In looking online Dexter is out of business. I looked through all of my manuals that came with the trailer & found only 1 little 4 page sheet on the slide out. Here is what is prompting my question. Over Memorial weekend by 2 year old granddaughter kept pushing the slide button which is just located inside the door. (Who ever positions some of these buttons should have their heads examined, but that is another subject) She always hit the out side of the button so the clutch would click. When we went to retract that slide at the end of our boondocking weekend the slide didn't want to come in at first with the clutch only clicking. I was hoping she hadn't damages something, but I figured that the batteries were too low & hooked up the truck to the power connection & the slide came right in. What I want to know is are there any items that need maintenance on the slide mechanism. I laid down under the Roo & had my wife run the slide in & out in the driveway & all worked well, but didn't really see anything or anywhere to lube. If any of you have any experience with this, please let me know.

2001 Chevy Silverado
2011 Rockwood Roo 233S
rbq is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:17 AM   #2
Take The Road Less Travld
There are many things out on the net regarding slide maintenance but this one was fairly bland across all brands.
The RV Doctor – Correct Care & Maintenance of Your RV Slideout | Good Sam Club News

"Take The Road Less Traveled"
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s
2013 Ford F150 FX4
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
Incheon, S. Korea
Lippert bought Dexter's assetts.
I'd contact Lippert.
They are nice folks.
Me, Julie, Lil' Barry, Faith, and OSDs, Fang and Treaty
2003 Hyundai Starex (H1), 2012 Coachmen Clipper 126
I don't know when we'll be able to go camping again...
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote

maintenance, roo, slide