Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #21

you don
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wprather View Post
I had assumed that since current is .2A. But that spec sheet says differently.
It's a WFCO who knows with that converter.

I really really doubt it ever goes into bulk mode. Its absorption voltage is also low at 13.6V.

My suggestion is to swap it out and get a PD converter. First thing I did when I bought my trailer is pull the WFCO converter and sell it on eBay. I also mounted my new PD converter as close to the batteries as possible to reduce voltage drop. I ran a power cord back to the power center for its 120V. That way, you don't have as long a run with higher gauge wire to purchase.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:37 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
If the batteries did go completely dead once as you mentioned then you probably did lose some battery capacity. Harbor Freight sells a resonably priced battery load tester you can use on each battery independently. This will help you determine if both batteries are still matched after the discharge event and will determine any lost capacity. There are better converters on the market. You may want to upgrade from the stock unit.
Thanks. I think I will be getting a different trailer in 3-4 months or I would look to upgrade the controller, wiring, etc. We have enjoyed the 233s but the wife and I want a couples camper and not a hybrid. The Roo was our first ever trailer and I have learned SO much about trailers and the RV industry! Had no idea how little I knew when we rushed and bought the Roo.
TST Tire Monitor Tow/Trailer
Wprather is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s, charging, converter, roo