Old 01-09-2016, 09:00 AM   #11

All the prices I've gotten so far are just quotes. I haven't talked to any of the dealers yet in length or tried to get any of them off a price yet. I want to collect several more quotes before I do that to give me more firepower for when I do negotiate. If you can show them your more likely to do business elsewhere than their more likely to come off a price. Ideally, I want a Roo within 2 hrs that's as close to 20k as I can get it.

After talking to the wife, I think the plan is to collect a few more quotes before the RV show here the weekend after next. Well look around at the show, see what's there and maybe something will catch the wife's eye. I'd like to at least walk through a 233s before we do get one as none of our local dealers have any in stock. She's pretty set on certain options, such as interior color and the wood look floor. That's kind of why I figured it would be easier to order new. She gets exactly what she wants and we don't have to compromise on anything. If nothing turns up at the RV show, I'll start the process with a few of these dealers about ordering new.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:15 AM   #12

I was able to get cw to price match a shamrock at Cheyenne. Like you I was partial to the roo and cw was the only one that carried it. It was also a little closer. Cheyenne had my unit in stock, cw ordered one for me. CW did have dealership fees but they also let me tack on some options for the same price.

No regrets.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:49 PM   #13

I would recommend buying local if possible- even if you pay a little extra. Much easier to get service work done to it (and trust me - you will).

Dealerships will tell you forest river can be serviced anywhere (they pretty much can) -- but expect longer waiting times if you didn't buy from the place doing the work (that was our experience anyway).
Old 01-21-2016, 10:52 PM   #14

Btw- you gonna love the Roo... We had all sorts of issues w ours when we first got it (almost traded it in). After everything was fixed- we really enjoy it. A very "campy" camper if that makes sense.

Best of luck
Old 01-22-2016, 05:42 AM   #15

Echo marine....if you like sleeping under canvas, you will love a Roo or Rock. They're little campers that think they're big.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:03 AM   #16
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine3038 View Post
I would recommend buying local if possible- even if you pay a little extra. Much easier to get service work done to it (and trust me - you will).

Dealerships will tell you forest river can be serviced anywhere (they pretty much can) -- but expect longer waiting times if you didn't buy from the place doing the work (that was our experience anyway).
i tried 3 local Roo dealers who were thousands more that Roo dealers in the Midwest. they REFUSED to even come within $2000 of those prices.
so, i called the the Roo warranty rep who found local dealers willing to do the warranty work.
so we bought from a Chicago dealer and drove 4000 miles RT, to pick up the Roo we wanted.
NEVER had any issues getting the warranty work done, except i had to be at the back of the line.
i just dropped it off, during the winter time and picked it up in the spring. i got 3-4 months free storage.

i agree that you should try to go through a local dealer but that didn't work for our 3 California Roo dealers.

even after travel costs, we still saved $4500 buying from a Midwest dealer.

so, it depends on where you live and who you can deal with.
on the West Coast, dealers basically dare you to go to Midwest dealers to save money. they feel that most aren't willing to do that and they charge inflated prices.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:24 AM   #17

Well, I didnt have a whole lot of luck at the boat and RV show this past weekend. Of the dozen or so dealers that were there, only 2 carried Forrest River and of those 2 only Camping World carried the Roo. And of course they didnt have any there. I talked with the dealer there briefly and he said they dont usually get the 233s in until closer to spring. They could order me one, but he wasn't equipped to give me a quote, and recomended I stop into the store. This seems like disorginization to me...You go to a show hoping to make some sales, yet your not equiped to give any quotes. Whatever. Go into the store Saturday and talked with one of the salesman. Expained what I was looking for and gave him a list of options that I wanted and he came back with a quote of 23,900. I knew it would be high, but thats still a lot higher than I expected. I asked if that was the best he was going to be able to do, and he said that they had some 233s on order that were expected to be in at any day, but with no units on the lot, thats what they were going to charge if I wanted to order one that day. When I told him he wasn't my first quote, and he was 4K over RVOne in Des Moines, he said that he wasn't going to let RVOne under sell them but he still would not commit to a number other than the 23,900. He invited me to come back in a week or two to look at the units that were ordered. He seemed to think they would be in by then, but could not tell me how they were equiped.

So I left with the impression that they really dont want to order me a unit, they would rather sell me some of the overhead they had already ordered. So I guess I'll give it a week. If they dont have any of their Roo's in by then, Im going to tell them Im ready to order. If they cant beat RVOne, then they lose a sale. If they do get some in, I'll stop by and look. If they're not equiped how I want, back to plan A. Tell them Im ready to order and give them the price I need to order through them.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:44 AM   #18

I bet they would be more than happy to order you one for $23,900. They were interested in selling class A's and 30' stripped down bunkhouses they ordered just for that show.

Heck, I'd order you one for 22,900 if I wasn't having such a hard damn time getting mine off the lot.

Toledo OH, 563 from Des Moines. 7-1/2 there and 9 or so back towing. Call Labadie RV and ask for Greg.

Good Luck
Old 01-25-2016, 09:14 AM   #19

I was at the Tampa show, one of the largest, and looked at FR and Keystone. CW had both and others had a selection as well. I do not recall seeing a Roo at that show either. Prevost dominated the MHs, Keystone the 5ers and TTs (especially Cougar). FR was strong with many models (especially Rockwood). Bullet had a good showing along with their light model. One of the biggest shows in the US and it was great to see.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:40 AM   #20

I'm sure they'd be tickled to order me one for 23,900. But I'm not paying anywhere close to that. I'm all for buying locally but RVOne in Des Moines isn't really that far away. About 90 minutes. So we're talking less than $30 in fuel and 3 hrs of my time round trip to save 4k. That's kind of a no-brainer.

Tags
233, 233s