Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2016, 09:41 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I was at the Tampa show, one of the largest, and looked at FR and Keystone. CW had both and others had a selection as well. I do not recall seeing a Roo at that show either. Prevost dominated the MHs, Keystone the 5ers and TTs (especially Cougar). FR was strong with many models (especially Rockwood). Bullet had a good showing along with their light model. One of the biggest shows in the US and it was great to see.
Not surprised at all. Did they have any Hybrids from other brands? Hybrids are not a huge seller in Florida I am told, has to do with the sun and heat.
__________________

__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:43 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
I'm sure they'd be tickled to order me one for 23,900. But I'm not paying anywhere close to that. I'm all for buying locally but RVOne in Des Moines isn't really that far away. About 90 minutes. So we're talking less than $30 in fuel and 3 hrs of my time round trip to save 4k. That's kind of a no-brainer.

Indeed. If that happens to not work out I'll order you one for 21999 and deliver it.
__________________

__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:53 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,219
IMO only 15K AC is not needed I have the 13.5 and it gets like the Antarctic in there


2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:04 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
IMO only 15K AC is not needed I have the 13.5 and it gets like the Antarctic in there


2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
You're right. The only reason I ordered it was because it was only $181 option. Honestly through 2 other hybrids and a popup with AC, we probably used it less than 2 dozen times. I mostly use it when working on or packing the trailer in the yard.

The option they have that I don't understand why it's even offered is the thermopane windows. The wall they are installed in is an R-7, and your end walls are an R-0. People say they cut down on noise but that's not relative either to a hybrid. The only benefit I can see is they won't get condensation as bad but at $653 that's a little steep for that benefit?
__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: indiana
Posts: 586
Ditto to the 13.5 ac. It's all we have needed as long as we didn't let the heat build up too much. One time we left the ac off while sightseeing and it took quite awhile to pull the temp down. O well...lesson learned.
__________________
Jim and Deb
Many times..asst grandkids
2015 Shamrock 23ikss
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
CaptnJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Not surprised at all. Did they have any Hybrids from other brands? Hybrids are not a huge seller in Florida I am told, has to do with the sun and heat.
That show had visitors from all over the US and Canada. Really did not look at other brands in any detail. I was interested in FR (Rockwood) and Keystone (Cougar) mostly. Paid little attention to any others.

I've been in a few CGs in FL and you may be on to something ~~ have not seen one. In Oct there was one at the Outer Banks. That week a cold front with a lot of wind. Real cold and a LOT of wind. He was backed up to the Pamlico Sound as I was. He lasted 2 nights and with no relief in the forecast pulled out.
__________________
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:13 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
That show had visitors from all over the US and Canada. Really did not look at other brands in any detail. I was interested in FR (Rockwood) and Keystone (Cougar) mostly. Paid little attention to any others.

I've been in a few CGs in FL and you may be on to something ~~ have not seen one. In Oct there was one at the Outer Banks. That week a cold front with a lot of wind. Real cold and a LOT of wind. He was backed up to the Pamlico Sound as I was. He lasted 2 nights and with no relief in the forecast pulled out.
To me there is nothing like sleeping under the canvas, especially when its raining. I love riding out bad weather in a hybrid and I have camped through all of it. Hybrids are really regional I think. They are huge here in PA, you see many. You never see many at any of the shows though. They have a lower cost which translates to less profit. Floor space at those shows is pricey.
__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:46 PM   #28
Summer2Go
 
Summer2Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NW New Jersey
Posts: 628
I'm a little concerned about my air now. I have a 183, a really small 233. The 13,500 air does not freeze us out on a hot day. We didn't use it a lot, as we were not plugged in to 30 amp too much. I either didn't turn it on right or it is malfunctioning. It's in for warrantee work now. I hope I didn't miss something to add to the list!


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
I'm a little concerned about my air now. I have a 183, a really small 233. The 13,500 air does not freeze us out on a hot day. We didn't use it a lot, as we were not plugged in to 30 amp too much. I either didn't turn it on right or it is malfunctioning. It's in for warrantee work now. I hope I didn't miss something to add to the list!

Two questions.

Were you in direct sun with all 3 tents open? If so it won't keep up.
Do you have PopupGizmos
__________________
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:54 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
CaptnJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
To me there is nothing like sleeping under the canvas, especially when its raining. I love riding out bad weather in a hybrid and I have camped through all of it. Hybrids are really regional I think. They are huge here in PA, you see many. You never see many at any of the shows though. They have a lower cost which translates to less profit. Floor space at those shows is pricey.
Rarely see them but those that own them are happy with the choice. After feeling fortunate if I had anything to keep the monsoons off while trying to sleep in the '60s I prefer something solid over head ~~ or maybe I'm just old and cranky....
__________________

__________________
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
233, 233s

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.