Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2016, 12:12 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
....and they sent me to Alpin Haus in Port Jervis for warranty work. I will pick it up this week and see how it went. So far, very pleased with their service dept. people.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

I wasn't driving back to VA for warranty work so spoke to FR and went to CW, they got everything approved for repair and replacement from FR just waiting 2 weeks until it is all done then I will see the quality of CW's work but so far I am pleased with the experience. I got my late 2015 with every option but SS appliances, 15K AC, and thermal pain windows. I also got old layout which I prefer and Willow interior with regular floor and Cherry cabinets. After April 2016 I have no warranty other than tent ends for 4 more years and roof for 11 more years so I will be fixing anything from April on.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #42

I've no reservations at all about either place, RVW or RVONE. For every bad luck story I've read about, I come across 10 more that have had good experiences with both places. RVONE just happens to be about 90 minutes away vs RVW at 7.5 hrs, and both quotes were within $11 of each other. It's been a little over a week since I've been to camping world and talked to their salesman. I still haven't heard back from him. Apperently the units that were supposed to come in "any day now" havent made their way there yet. So I think I'm going to head back down there the first chance I get without the kids and talk with them again. I'll bring my quotes from both places and tell them this is what I want. I'm ready to order now, we don't want to postpone any longer. Either they can beat it or they won't. If they don't at least match it, then I'll walk.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:42 PM   #43

I am guessing for the most part they won't beat it, any CW I have dealt with is stuck on Freight and Prep charges, which I won't pay if they are added to a deal, they all need to be included in their price and negotiable not what I ran into so far. Their service is very good so far for warranty work

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 02-01-2016, 07:34 PM   #44

Yes, I will send insist on the same thing. Out the door price. My quote from RVONE has a delivery fee and documentation fee listed right on the quote along with all the options I requested. They wave the prep fee. That's what they need to match to make a sale from me.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:54 AM   #45

I would look at RV Wholesale Club. (Not rv wholesalers). We are in the process if buying one with a ton of upgrades, including sapphire package. And we are getting it for $18,775 plus a $208 title fee. And they fill up your 2 propane tanks.
Kaboingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #46
jbdbsb

I have an '11 Rockwood Roo 233S and have totally loved it. People freak out about how big it is inside with the slideout and beds open. Have slept 8 comfortably. Look for pre-owned to save some serious $$$$. Though purchased new four years ago, mine was a deal at $17,000. MSRP was about $25,000. Check out my "Mods" album on my profile page.
Jeff
jbdbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:00 PM   #47

Have slept 4 in a 28' TT with no slides in the 80s when the girls were young and traveled with us. Now with a 35' 5er with 3 slides there is just the 2 of us and I don't want to sleep any more than that.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:12 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboingy View Post
I would look at RV Wholesale Club. (Not rv wholesalers). We are in the process if buying one with a ton of upgrades, including sapphire package. And we are getting it for $18,775 plus a $208 title fee. And they fill up your 2 propane tanks.

I think they all fill up your propane tanks but good price anyway

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 02-03-2016, 08:13 PM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Have slept 4 in a 28' TT with no slides in the 80s when the girls were young and traveled with us. Now with a 35' 5er with 3 slides there is just the 2 of us and I don't want to sleep any more than that.
How is this helpful to the OP?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:03 AM   #50

I finally had an opportunity to go back down to camping world on Thursday. The original salesman I talked to was not there. Talked to another gentleman, his name I already forgot. Explained the situation and said I was ready to order now being sense they never did get any of the 233s that were ordered in yet. Gave him my list of options and asked for a quote. After talking with his sales manager he came back with a quote of 24,150. This is $250 higher than the quote they gave me for the exact same unit 2 weeks earlier. I then pulled out my quote from RV One and said if they can match this, I'll buy today. The salesman took my RV One quote back to his sales manager, and after a short time the sales manager came out to speak to me. He basically said that he wouldn't be able to touch it. I asked how close he could come, he said the absolute lowest he could go would be 21,500. Still $1500 higher, and then he wanted to tack on delivery, documentation fees, propane fill, dealer prep, ect. He then went on to say that he has no idea how they were able to quote it so low, it was almost at cost. So I thanked them both for there time and walked out. The salesman walked me to my truck and made one final push before I left. Explained to me how the purchase came with a membership to good Sam's club, roadside assistance, ect,ect. That package alone was worth $2000. I told him, that's great. Let's drop the membership package and subtract that $2000 from the $21500 and we got a deal. He said he'd take it back to his sales manager, and "keep working on him" but he doesnt think he'd go for it. He then said he would call me tomorrow, but I suspected that's the last I would hear from them.

After not hearing from camping world today (I suspected they wouldn't call) I went ahead and emailed RV One back. Asked several questions about the process and they replied within an hour. Double checked that this was an "out the door" price and nothing else would be added on to it. Only tax title and licensing would be added sense I'm an Iowa resident. The price was not contingent on financing, the price was the same regardless of how I paid. I had a purchasing agreement drawn up and after reviewing it, I put down 5% on my new shamrock. The process has been smooth so far. I've got no complaints what so ever. Theyve been very forward and up front with everything. They gave me an awesome price. I was told that build time is about 10 weeks out, plus two weeks for delivery. That puts it slated to be on their lot by early May. I ended up getting every available option, minus the thermalpane windows, heated tanks, and stainless appliances. I got the unit itself for $19,981. All together with fees, tax, title, and licensing I'm getting it for $21,137. As long as everything else goes this smoothy, I'll be one happy camper....literally.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #51

Finster - sounds like you're getting a good deal. FYI - My experience on build time: I ordered my Mini Lite 2503S last year on Feb. 28. It arrived on June 6. 14 weeks.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #52

Hopefully it won't be delayed. We have a wedding to go to in North Dekota on the 21 of May. It's about 5 minutes from the Canadian border and there isn't a while lot of lodging up that way. We thought it would be a good first trip out.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:48 AM   #53

I purchased through RV One in Albany and had no problems, sales guy was very helpful. Only SNAFU was on PDI day they were supposed to help set up WDH I bought myself and they wanted to charge me but sales took care of the problem. I can't comment on warranty work since I have fixed any issues myself as they were all minor. They did find a problem with a stove burner during PDI and they fixed it right away. I would buy from them again.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:41 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davylee View Post
I purchased through RV One in Albany and had no problems, sales guy was very helpful. Only SNAFU was on PDI day they were supposed to help set up WDH I bought myself and they wanted to charge me but sales took care of the problem. I can't comment on warranty work since I have fixed any issues myself as they were all minor. They did find a problem with a stove burner during PDI and they fixed it right away. I would buy from them again.

Not an unusual situation. Most dealers actually are 3 companies under 1 roof ~~ sales, service, and store. Service techs usually are paid a portion of the work order. Sales compensates service for the PDI and minor stuff like installing your hitch.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:16 PM   #55

I never even discussed the wdh with the salesman. I bought a 1000/10,000 Equil-I-zer hitch online about two weeks ago along with the brake controller, harness and wiring. I planned on installing the brake controller and wiring before hand and assembling the hitch. I can install it on the trailer on the lot when I pick it up. If everything is assembled before hand I can probably get it on and eyeball the adjustment in about 20 minutes. Can't adjust it real close dry anyway.

Tags
233, 233s