Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 02:42 PM   #21

Speaking of the audio/video system, I was hoping to play a video file off a USB stick plugged into the stereo system this last weekend. I just kept getting "USB input" flashing on the TV, but the file never played. Is this for audio only?
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #22

I believe it's supposed to be able to play mp4 short video clips.
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:42 PM   #23

Mine played a slide show of pics and music, but the video file was not supported, not sure what type file it was. I'll mess with it this weekend if I get a chance. I tried a regular external hard drive but believe it needs an outside power source to run properly.
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:19 PM   #24

Hey thanks for the info about the audio cable being hooked up wrong. Mine was hooked up wrong too. But it crackled in and out after I made the switch. Had to replace the cable. Now all is good.
Anyone added a subwoofer to get more bass? I see there is a hookup for that on the iRV33 for zone 1.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:57 AM   #25

Kind of off topic but I notice mine has 1 interior speaker per zone, with both exterior to zone 3...is this the configuration you guys are using?

I can't imagine when I would use only 1 interior speaker and the exterior is so quiet I can barely hear it unless I turn off the inside so I can turn it up. I was thinking if I switched the exterior to zone 1 or 2 I could use the balance to tweak inside vs outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-22-2015, 07:16 AM   #26

That struck me as a bit odd as well Vader? Mine is set-up exactly the same way. I can turn on one or 2 speakers in the cabin? zone "C" is both outside speakers? Doesn't make a lot of sense? I thought the outside was so quiet because it was directional and I was over by the door? Not sure how that would work changing it around. Would be interesting to find out.
Purdyquibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:57 AM   #27

Is this the iRV stereo? According to the manual, only zone 1 is 2.1 audio. The other two are stereo. I'd rather have 2.1 inside. I'm going to add a sub woofer hopefully today and crank up the bass.
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
Old 05-22-2015, 08:29 AM   #28

Yep ours is the same, My plan is....
New GOOD speakers for inside, the cabinet one place vertical in the wall above the fridge, hooked up in stereo on zone one.
Zone 2 will get a wireless speaker set for the few times we want to jam out.
Zone 3 will have to do for now
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #29

Ahhh, thanks...that makes more sense. In the DK with the existing speakers it doesn't really help to have stereo sound because the speakers don't really play well together. I plan to add a sub at some point as well but I think I should be ok moving the outside to one of the 2.1 channels. I will mess around with it a little bit.

Thanks again!
RooVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #30

I have a 233s and over the weekend I pulled my stereo out and there is only one cable, a yellow one, that is being used for the video from the TV to the stereo for the DVD player.

Am I missing some cables? I tried plugging in AV red/white from the tv to the stereo but was unable to here any sound out of any modes of the stereo. Is there something I am doing wrong? What mode are switching the radio to in order to hear TV sound through the stereo speakers?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Anderson5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #31

TV audio, make sure they are plugged in from the TV in the audio out. I know where mine where plugged into the radio I had to move them down to make it work. Just try them all should find the right ones. Good luck
Marines0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #32

Mine has an hdmi cable that goes from TV to stereo so I simply chose that HDMI input. I also have the red/white audio cables running to the tv. No video cable. Honestly in my situation I am not sure why I even have audio cables included.

One other thing to check is the sound settings on your tv. I can't recall the options that were there but there may be audio output options.
RooVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:49 PM   #33

My stereo was wired wrong also it had two wires for the back speaker not wired to the back speakers just hanging there and had no control to fade from front to back wired the stereo properly works great . also I added amp and a sub woofer from the subwoofer plug on the side of the stereo so now zone a is all four speakers inside and zone C is the two speakers outside and zone B has nothing yet

Sent from my IPhone
wwalker2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:04 AM   #34

How did you add an amplifier? I connected a subwoofer and can barely hear it. I think I need an amp.
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
Old 05-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #35

Well I just got a small amp and only used one Channel hook the out put of the radio to the input of the amp and the speaker to the output of the amp used the wire on the radio to turn the amp on and off it made a big difference not tinny any more

Old 05-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwalker2984 View Post
Well I just got a small amp and only used one Channel hook the out put of the radio to the input of the amp and the speaker to the output of the amp used the wire on the radio to turn the amp on and off it made a big difference not tinny any more

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I know nothing about audio. Hope you don't mind more questions. Does the amp need power to it? If so, how do you supply it? What do you mean when you say "used the wire on the radio to turn the amp on and off "? Thanks again!
Karen
Old 05-29-2015, 10:40 AM   #37

Anyone replace the IRV with something else? I don't use the radio just like it to use surround sound however the Furrino speakers seem to be crappy but TV works well. I hope to connect to cable next trip and try that out.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 05-29-2015, 02:02 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I know nothing about audio. Hope you don't mind more questions. Does the amp need power to it? If so, how do you supply it? What do you mean when you say "used the wire on the radio to turn the amp on and off "? Thanks again!

Karen

Ok yes the amp needs 12 volts I got 12 v power from the 12v behind the radio and if your radio is like mine a IRV look at the wires that come off the back of the radio they are marked. look at the ones that are not hooked to any thing can't remember what Color it is I think the tag says auxiliary amp that wire will turn your amp on and off with your radio on and off button but you still need to have a constant 12 V to the amp now the easy way is to go to Best Buy and buy a small amp and sub woofer and have them install it for you hope this helped have a nice day

Sent from my IPhone
Old 06-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #39

Not sure I'm following this post, but is it my understanding that the TV sound should be able to come out of the camper (radio) speakers? Ours currently only comes from the TV. Sure would be nice if the TV sound came out of the camper speakers too. Have a 2014 Coachmen 288BHS trailer.
JudyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #40

Yes should be able to come out of the radio also when set on TV audio.
Marines0811 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio