Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2016, 07:21 PM   #41

And the remainder;

Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:08 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
And the remainder;

WOW! Nice Job!
Old 04-14-2016, 08:20 PM   #43

X2 - Of course it can be done, if it's done properly. Thanks for posting your pics.

Not to steal the thread, but I have to ask: What's that round hole with the cover in the 2nd/3rd pics you posted? I've never seen anything like that before. It sort of looks like it's your tank drain connection in there. If so, it looks like your new bumper is in the way of hooking up to it.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:56 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I wasn't being snarky, I just wanted to know where you seen the the information you were quoting.
You asked me to look for it myself, I did that and found no documentation to support your claim.
This might be what is talked about.

RV Bike Racks & Receivers for Sale

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:36 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
X2 - Of course it can be done, if it's done properly. Thanks for posting your pics.

Not to steal the thread, but I have to ask: What's that round hole with the cover in the 2nd/3rd pics you posted? I've never seen anything like that before. It sort of looks like it's your tank drain connection in there. If so, it looks like your new bumper is in the way of hooking up to it.
Keystone was too cheap to provide a bumper, but was generous enough to provide that tube for your sewer hose. The problem with it was it was only about 2' long so it was essentially worthless for a Rhinoflex. I removed the tube and permanently attached the screw on cover.

On the previous trailer, a 2011 Dutchmen, I used that same receiver bracket on the factory provided bumper. All I did there was reinforce the mounting of the bumper to the frame.

The only so called official statement I have ever seen regarding warranty specifically references "anything attached to the bumper". No wonder when you look at some of the attachment connections LCI uses. That being said I'd expect if my alteration caused the frame to bend in half it not to be covered. Its no different than if my solar panel install destroyed the roof it would not be covered, or if my EMS install shorted and fried the power center it would not be covered, etc. By the logic in some of these threads when I bolt WDH brackets to an A frame I void warranties by drilling holes.

I have a close friend and business associate who is a structural engineer, and also a diehard camper. I have been trying to talk him into jumping into one of these threads on a forum for years, but he will not do so because he hates online forums with a passion. Once around the campfire he made this statement regarding attaching things to frames of trailers. "Consider the forces the frame rails encounter between the A frame and suspension mounting points when your using a WDH, and go over a dip in the road at 70 mph. The force it encounters is way higher than about anything you can throw at it from the rear off a cargo platform, unless you do something totally stupid like try and put 1500 lbs on it."

This is the only one I can find of the attachment, 4 1/2" grade 5 bolts each side through the vertical web.

Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:23 AM   #46
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
This might be what is talked about.

RV Bike Racks & Receivers for Sale

I was looking for the part where it says you can retain all warranty on your frame if a qualified tech installs hitch.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:36 AM   #47
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
WOW! Nice Job!
X2!

Looks great!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, hitch