Old 03-18-2015, 03:22 PM   #11
Moderators' Assistant

Cropper, as was said, owners use Reflectix both ways.
we simply put a section behind the bunk door cable and it covers almost all of the tent wall.

If you wonder if it works, check out Popup GizmGizmo's version of Reflectix, for the inside of the tent end.
don't think PUG's would be making them if they didn't work.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:47 PM   #12

I am doing the whole thing in ecofoil. It is basically like reflectix but is white on one side. I think it will look better inside the camper. Obviously not a big deal if you are doing the window inserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 03-18-2015, 07:00 PM   #13
rbq

I remember the day that we did our reflectix. We got our Roo in February & started to work on mods in early March. It was a very cool windy day. As we put each panel in you could feel immediate difference in the temp inside the trailer and could tell that the draft from the wind sufficiently decreased. We had used it in our PUP for years & have been happy we had it, so it was a natural transition to use it in the Roo. My wife took an old sheet & made a bag that is large enough to hold the side panels & then end pieces get folded in half to fit in the bag & then it rides on the table with our sleeping bags.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #14

Michele, I intended to put the Reflectix panels between the window screens and the canvas window flaps. Our primary use of the camper is dry camping at dog shows (usually set up in multi-use county parks, etc. without services), so anything that will keep things cool or warm is welcome.

I just purchased three PopupGizmo Super High Wind Series Covers (SHWS); as reported here on several other threads the quality and customer service are excellent, highly recommended. The three roof covers fit easily in a 12" x 12" x 8" box, so we should be able to find room for them.

PopupGizmos

I checked out the PopupGizmo's Solar Bunk Liner kit (PSBL). Did not see them working for us. Two issues I thought of were the difficulty stowing three large continuous panels, and the dogs interfering with the exposed panels that are essentially a friction fit. The cost of the PopupGizmo kit is probably reasonable, but being in Canada we get hammered with additional shipping, so a locally sourced solution seems a better deal for us.

http://www.popupgizmos.com/PSBL.htm

I haven't bought the Reflectix for the bunk liners yet; still debating with Lynn and trying to brainstorm a bit. Lynn is concerned with additional setup hassle, stowage of the additional panels, a secure fit for the Wonderdogs, and easy ability to open the bunk end windows for ventilation.

I am thinking we can use a light and flexible material that can be placed in the windows (between the screen and canvas flap). Ideally we can attach the material to the outside of the canvas flap with Velcro, and they can remain in place and just be folded up with the bunk end? Thinking the often mentioned emergency thermal blanket material would work if custom sized and fitted to the window flaps with edge binding sewn on to prevent fraying. Whole idea on hold for me right now until the weather warms up. I might just buy a short length of Reflectix or foil and give it a try on one bunk, as no edge binding is required and it is probably available locally.

HTH Interesting discussion and ideas. Thanks again for the help with required material sizes.

Stu, Lynn & the Wonderdogs

A few of the Tribe...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YearBook2009.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	71694  
2011 Ford Econoline Club Wagon
stugilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:08 PM   #15
rbq

One thing to consider with the reflectix is to use it on the sunny side of the trailer & leave it out of the shady side & use that side for ventilation. It doesn't really take any time to insert or remove the panels. If they are cut the right size we can just open an end on the side & slide them into place. The larger end pieces take a little more. They are so flexible that you can fold them in half if needed to let in more air. Many times my wife will pull them out of the end & fold them in half & put them between the shepherds pole & roof of the bunk to get them up out of the way.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:38 PM   #16
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Lowes sells it in 16" x25' if that would make it easier.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #17

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1426862173.646906.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	71755Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1426862264.432639.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	71756Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1426862315.089793.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	71757

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #18

I used Reflectix all around instead of buying PUGS. I place the panels in the windows on the sunny side or if the weather is cold. On the top of the bunk ends I cut it to fit and use small clips to attach them. It works pretty well.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-20-2015, 11:13 AM   #19

Nice job TomBCarter...that looks great! I hope to achieve the exact same thing with white inside to better match the canvas. Looks real good.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #20
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
There is a post made by OC about also installing inside the A/C outer roof cover to help out during hot days.