Old 03-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #1

Reflectix Size for Windows?

Looking at Reflectix for our bunk end windows. I notice the material is available in either 2' or 4' roll width. Is 2' enough width to fit the window openings? What approx. length will I require per bunk end? My guess is about 14' to 15' per end? Maybe the 4' roll width shortens the required length a bit by careful layout?

Our 233S has three bunks to take care of. Kind of hoping the windows are the same size and shape for all bunk ends, even with the slightly longer front canvas.

I would just hop out and measure our trailer but it is very windy and snowy here!

Stu

2011 Ford Econoline Club Wagon
stugilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #2

We puchased the 4'x25' , caught it on sale at Menards. The 4 foot is tall enough that you won't have to piece it together. I believe you should have enough to do all three ends. I had enough left for our 23ss that i cut two pieces to fit under the pugs. Watch your side window sizes. They are not quite the same front to back since the front bunk is a bit longer than the rear because its sloped. Not sure about your side bunk size. I made templates out of paper first. Good luck!
As i recall, i did make the bunk ends two pieced so I didn't waste as much.

Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #3

Back and side bunks should be the same front bunk is different .

2014 roo 233S. 2008 saab 97x
dado39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #4
rbq

You'll need the 4' wide x 25' to do the job, especially for the 233S. We love ours & have used the reflectix since we got it. Helps keep us warmer in the cold & cooler in the heat.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #5

Thanks for the sizing info.

Another question. Lynn is asking if the Reflectix can be simply left in place with the window canvas zipped up, or has to be removed and stowed separately to fold up the bunk ends.

Thx

Stu
2011 Ford Econoline Club Wagon
stugilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #6

We remove ours before folding up. I don't think it's flexible enough to be left in. We turn the fans on to pull the ends away from the seals before folding up and i think leaving the reflectix in keeps the ends to stiff. To be honest though, haven't tried it.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:08 PM   #7
hamster

Can someone give me a before Reflectix and after Reflectix? I made and used the inserts when I purchased my pop up and didn't camp without them so I don't have a before reference. I owned a traditional TT for 5 years between the pop up and my Shamrock. The reason I sold my pop up was the set up time. I live in a moderate climate and mostly camp in a moderate climate but I'll' be dry camping at S. Lake Tahoe in late July for a week . I'm suspecting the reflectix will be worth the extra effort.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #8

The difference is like night and day. We use the Reflectix material in the windows and PUGS on top whenever it is cold enough to need the heater, or if we are camping in the warmer months and have no shade. Well worth the time and money to get both.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #9

I just found this thread. Are you talking about making the reflective the shape of the zippered windows and inserting them then zipping them up or are you lining the whole wall of bunks? But sound like a great ideas. if just doing the windows, would it actually help? We have a new 2015 Roo 233s but have only used it a couple of times.

Thanks in advance.

Michele
Towing with 2007 Ford F150
Camping in Colorado
cropper127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cropper127 View Post
I just found this thread. Are you talking about making the reflective the shape of the zippered windows and inserting them then zipping them up or are you lining the whole wall of bunks? But sound like a great ideas. if just doing the windows, would it actually help? We have a new 2015 Roo 233s but have only used it a couple of times.

Thanks in advance.

Michele
People have done it both ways - some just make inserts for the windows, and others make panels that cover the entire wall. I just did the inserts for the windows. The windows are 90% of the surface area on the tent ends, so I figured that was close enough. It makes a huge difference both in the heat of summer and the cold of winter.

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote