Old 10-22-2015, 12:42 PM   #1

Wife and I have been looking at Roos lately, and I was wondering if anyone had any regrets after buying one?

Searched the forums but to no avail, unless i was looking in the wrong spot. If there are threads on this already, please point me the way. Thanks.

Fordguy5507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Welcome to the Forums from huntsville, AL!

Here is a link to threads discussing the Rockwood Roo:

Forest River Forums - Threads Tagged with Rockwood Roo

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #3
I love mine! Spacious, plenty of storage, easy to pull. We wish the bathroom was larger and I hate the heavy awkward table. Hide a bed works great and so does the island. I could live without the water filter and it could use another heating vent in the front of the camper.
2015 23ikss Roo
syogerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:39 PM   #4
Moderators' Assistant
Just do some reading, in the Roo/Shamrock sub-forum.
There are hundreds of posts there, of posts from happy owners.

We bought our Roo 23SS new, back in 2006 and we still love it.

No regrets buying it, except that now we need a bigger TT or 5th wheel for 2-3 months trips since we retired. A hybrid isn't the best RV for that kind of lifestyle.

Not sure what area you were doing a search.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:47 PM   #5
cogito ergo moo
If you are expecting a Roo to be as comfortable, roomy and "house like" as say a big 5ver or travel trailer, then you will regret buying one.

If you are expecting them to be a camper in the truest sense of the word, then you wont. You should be plenty fine living with a pop-up before you consider a Hybrid, as that exactly what a Hybrid is. It evenly bridges the gap between PUP and a TT.

I love my Roo, and it has served us very well. With that being said, I am starting to think 5ver after seeing how nice they really are. This is not in anyway a slam on hybrids, but more a change in tastes.

FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 2012
2016 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss (coming soon)
Nights camped 2016 -9
Nights Reserved 077121212125 ..........My Project Blog:

Cowracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
We wavered quite a bit before replacing our pop up. Since it's just the wife and me, a small tt ( mini lite? ) would be fine and we came close on a couple of them. On the other hand, stowaways ( grandkids , nieces, etc ) happen. That would mean converting the dinette and sofa to sleeping any time they came along. Not ideal. A hybrid offered the best of both worlds to us. We bought an early 2015 23ikss. Great unit. We haven't done the extensive mods some people have. It's good as is for us. Only problems were the pos water filter ( removed ) and dangling hoses on the kitchen slide ( to be repaired next week by dealer ) Regrets? No. It's all good.
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #7
Roo owners since 2010 and no regret thus far. we are having an issue with the front bunk that has leaked and rotted out but forest river seems to be fair about it and replacing the part for us for free. I'm sure they've resolved this issue by now.
Roodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:21 PM   #8
New Roo owner here (2015 21DK). I will say that we rushed into a bit more quickly than I would have preferred but we did a lot of research/reading prior to looking and was offered a "deal we could not refuse". My advice would be to look at as many of the ones in which you're interested in person. While looking at floorplans can be helpful, you can't camp in a spec sheet. We have only been on one trip and have another planned for next weekend...but so far, we really like our Roo. While "quality" and "rv" seem to be mutually exclusive terms, I will say that there were more than a few examples in the Rockwood that led myself and DW to believe that the quality was a notch or so above the norm.
In retrospect, I would have spent a bit more time during the PDI and would have demanded a couple/few changes/fixes. One of those would have been better tires.
I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.
JoBu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #9
Had our Roo19 for 3 yrs after 20 yrs in a popup. Had zero issues with it. There wasn't a thing we didn't like about it, EXCEPT, we moved to the Mini Lite because the wife got tired of dealing with folding up the mattress and the tent and the bunk. As with a popup, this can also cramp your style if things are wet when you want to leave.

Our Mini-Lite has a Murphy bed, but folding it up consists of connecting 2 straps and flipping it up. Done.

I do miss the "tent" feel and sounds, though. I loved sleeping in the Roo bunk during a rainstorm.
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:29 AM   #10
No regrets but may be looking to sell 2014 233s loaded lots of mods camping needs have changed detroit metro area.

2014 roo 233S. 2008 saab 97x
dado39 is online now   Reply With Quote