Old 07-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #1

Exclamation Repair service at Camping World not that Great

I took my Shamrock Flagstaff 21ssl to the local Camping World (Flagstaff AZ) for what I thought would be a routine repair (replacement of the slide motor) and it turned into a comedy of errors. Twice they contacted me asking me to make an appointment to bring the unit in, when it had been sitting on thier lot for over two weeks. I finally had to go there, remove the motor and take it to the parts counter for them to try to order a replacement. Then I called Venture and found the motor for Camping World. Three weeks later they called, it was fixed. Got there and the slide out switch was removed and my fuse box taken apart. They told me they could not get power to the slideout motor, I told them to check the 30 amp fuse near the tounge of the trailer. Few days later it was finally fixed, but I had to cancel reservations for a camping trip over the 4th of July. I should have just done it myself and saved the aggravation and cost of the repairs.

I support our local businesses but won't be going back to them for service

Old 07-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #2

That is what I usually do....DO IT MYSELF!!! Sounds like you had all the necessary info at your end to do it, knowing the brand of the slide motor and about the fuse at the tongue area. I have an AC problem now that I am doing myself- new control board going in tomorrow- we'll see if that fixes it. Thermostat has been updated, and hard start capacitor mod has been done. Randy

Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #3

You got that right, doing it yourself can save a lot of time and money. Unfortunately in this case it was a matter of not having the time.

In all fairness I like Camping World, the one up here has had a hard time, it got hit by a tornado about 3 years ago, totally wiped it and all of the campers out, then last year the roof leaked so bad they had to move to a temporary location. I was glad to see them reopen.

It is just mass confusion out there right now, they are on I-40 and are one of the only places for RV repairs up here so they are swamped. They only have 4 techs. The lack of accurate communication really added the the frustration of dealing with them.

Good luck with your repairs and happy camping.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #4

You mean they charged you for the work YOU did? I would have said "let me speak to the manager".
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #5

He was more confused than anyone and was the one who called to tell me it was ready when obviously it was not. The Tech guys and staff are actually very nice, I feel bad for them, everytime I go in there they are catching *%$( from the customers.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #6

Post an entry over in RV.NET/Forums - CW management does monitor... might not get any satisfaction but at least you may get an apology for the sloppy/lazy service.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #7

wow

Thanks for the heads up about the Flagstaff CW. That's also my closest CW. I'll give some thought to either going to Affinity in Prescott (expensive and not always dependable) or the CW in Mesa, 3 hours away. I really like A Country in Chino Valley. I have had a lot of work done there on our last trailer and they always treated me very well, were reasonable on prices and very timely. Might consider giving them a chance.
Sorry you had issues with CW, I still like shopping there!
Pete

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #8

I had nothing but good experiences with Galpin in Dewey. They did some warranty work for me. They are the closest Forest River authorized repair shop but are an hour and a half away at best.

Hopefully things will settle down at CW. They told me that they are trying to get some more techs to help out with the backlog of work. A Tech toled me that one guy has been staying in his RV on their lot, and had been there three days waiting for repairs.

Tags
expandable, hybrid, shamrock