Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #1

Replacement Bunk Latch Grips

I did quite a bit of googling and can only find manufacturers that make compatible grips in white. They won't sell in small quantities. I can't find any retailers that sell them. McMasterCarr sells black ones, but I'd like to have them in white like the originals.

Anyone know where to find these? Anyone had any luck ordering them from Fastec? Mine have deteriorated from the sun and have a sticky feel to them. They're a nasty looking yellowish color on the exposed side.

Dave
dlhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #2
Site Team

this is pretty common for those plastic grips. i've used LA Awesome which cleans them up good, gets rid of the sticky.
but they still are yellow-ish. haven't found any source for new ones. might try FR parts dept.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #3

No luck with Fastec. They do not provide such replacement parts to anyone, including dealers. I find that strange, but it is what it is.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #4

Ok, second pass at using Fastec. You can get the entire bar with mount, black rubber pad and vinyl handle grip for $8 each directly from Fastec. Somewhat overkill, but reasonably inexpensive if you wanted to go that way.

Dave
Old 06-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlhoppe View Post
I did quite a bit of googling and can only find manufacturers that make compatible grips in white. They won't sell in small quantities. I can't find any retailers that sell them. McMasterCarr sells black ones, but I'd like to have them in white like the originals.

Anyone know where to find these? Anyone had any luck ordering them from Fastec? Mine have deteriorated from the sun and have a sticky feel to them. They're a nasty looking yellowish color on the exposed side.

Dave
You could buy the minimum bulk quantity, then ebay the rest of them.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #6

Or get a coop together here on this forum. Are there many folks who would want new vinyl handle grips for your Roo bunk latches?