Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
karrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chicago Western Burbs
Posts: 462
Replacement slide topper

Other than from the dealer, anyone replace their slide topper? My DH took ours out on our 21SS on her maiden voyage last year. Just wondering if it could be cheaper ot purchase after market than from the dealer. From what I remember, it was like a $1000 upgrade. Luckily the track on the camper wasn't damaged, just the fabric and arms on the topper itself.
__________________

__________________
2016 Roo 21SS
2005 Ford Excursion-Sherman
Mods so far:
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:31 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 365
If you can do the work yourself, here's a good place where you can get what you need.....

ShadePro Inc.: Carefree SlideOut Cover
__________________

__________________
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Roseburg, OR
Posts: 43
slide out cover options

Has anyone needed to purchase either the wind deflector or the aluminum case for the ShadePro covers?
__________________
Bocamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:39 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
karrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chicago Western Burbs
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
If you can do the work yourself, here's a good place where you can get what you need.....

ShadePro Inc.: Carefree SlideOut Cover
Thanks. I tok a quick look and their prices are reasonable. I find it strange that they add an extra $100 delivery if it is a residence vs a business. I wonder if i can have it delivered to work...
__________________
2016 Roo 21SS
2005 Ford Excursion-Sherman
Mods so far:
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:55 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
Other than from the dealer, anyone replace their slide topper? My DH took ours out on our 21SS on her maiden voyage last year. Just wondering if it could be cheaper ot purchase after market than from the dealer. From what I remember, it was like a $1000 upgrade. Luckily the track on the camper wasn't damaged, just the fabric and arms on the topper itself.
Did your unit come with a "CareFree Slideout Cover" from the Factory? Most come with "Dometic Awning's and Covers"! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:20 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
Thanks. I tok a quick look and their prices are reasonable. I find it strange that they add an extra $100 delivery if it is a residence vs a business. I wonder if i can have it delivered to work...

I have everything I order online delivered to my work address

No worries about leaving things if not home during day or theft - we have a couple forklifts and big guys to unload anything I buy 😊


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
__________________
heavynlori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:52 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
karrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chicago Western Burbs
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Did your unit come with a "CareFree Slideout Cover" from the Factory? Most come with "Dometic Awning's and Covers"! Youroo!!
That sounds familiar. Can I buy direct from Dometic?
__________________
2016 Roo 21SS
2005 Ford Excursion-Sherman
Mods so far:
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:01 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
That sounds familiar. Can I buy direct from Dometic?
I was just trying to Help you figure out what covers you Have? The other posts were for a Carefree,you really need to know what you have NOW! They are NOT interchangable! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:47 PM   #9
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,269
There are only two manufacturers of slideout toppers, Dometic and Carefree.
All FR hybrids I know of, get Dometic toppers when installed at the factory.
The factory topper option is MUCH cheaper than when done aftermarket.

Self install is usually a two person job.
__________________

__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
replacement, slide

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.