Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2016, 04:06 PM   #1

Replacement Stabilizer Jack 2015 ROO 21SS

Due to an episode of dumbassery, I'm now in the market for a new right-front scissors-type stabilizer jack on our camper. And I can't find anything on the jack or in my paperwork that indicates who the manufacturer is.

Can anyone give me the name of the manufacturer, or recommend a suitable replacement? From the jacks I've seen online, the attachment plates look like they're drilled to fit just about any trailer on the market. Has anyone had problems fitting one onto a ROO? Thanks!
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
Due to an episode of dumbassery, I'm now in the market for a new right-front scissors-type stabilizer jack on our camper. And I can't find anything on the jack or in my paperwork that indicates who the manufacturer is.

Can anyone give me the name of the manufacturer, or recommend a suitable replacement? From the jacks I've seen online, the attachment plates look like they're drilled to fit just about any trailer on the market. Has anyone had problems fitting one onto a ROO? Thanks!
I don't have a Roo but bent a jack on my old trailer, they are pretty generic and will fit any trailer. Look to see the gage and get a heavier one if you can since your replacing it anyway. I hated when I did it. But like anything, things happen and don't let it ruin your day Good Luck you shouldn't have a problem check etrailer out. Don't buy it from your STEALER for sure...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:25 PM   #3

Unfortunately I am now in the same situation, and think they are the BAL 24” scissors leveler, correct?

https://www.campingworld.com/bal-sci...iABEgJI2vD_BwE
Velosprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:29 PM   #4
Always Learning

Also not a Roo owner, but I went through a scissor jack about every 6 months with my old camper. Check the height and just buy from either Amazon or eTrailer. If you have a Camping World nearby, I saw great prices in the stores occasionally.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Also not a Roo owner, but I went through a scissor jack about every 6 months with my old camper. Check the height and just buy from either Amazon or eTrailer. If you have a Camping World nearby, I saw great prices in the stores occasionally.
Why did you go through one every 6 months?
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:11 AM   #6
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
Why did you go through one every 6 months?
Anger issues, mostly. Whenever I'd get mad, I'd get the crank out and would just raise and lower them. Apparently super speed makes them melt.

Nah, my fifth wheel ran nose high once I switched to the Trail Air/Tri Glide pin box. I raised it up and lowered my hitch and still was slightly nose high.

I seemed to bend them all to crap about every 6 months on a parking lot entrance, campground entrance, or once - in the dirt at a fairgrounds because I couldn't see in my mirror because someone was standing/riding on my running boards from the check-in to my spot.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Anger issues, mostly. Whenever I'd get mad, I'd get the crank out and would just raise and lower them. Apparently super speed makes them melt.

Nah, my fifth wheel ran nose high once I switched to the Trail Air/Tri Glide pin box. I raised it up and lowered my hitch and still was slightly nose high.

I seemed to bend them all to crap about every 6 months on a parking lot entrance, campground entrance, or once - in the dirt at a fairgrounds because I couldn't see in my mirror because someone was standing/riding on my running boards from the check-in to my spot.
They say if you approach it at an angel you wont bottom out,A Full timer like you Should practice that?

Old 04-30-2018, 11:30 AM   #8

Ditto. I did it to my roo roughing it. I managed to bang it back in place and now when I take the drill to it, it wobbles down and up but still functional.
Lootraiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I don't have a Roo but bent a jack on my old trailer, they are pretty generic and will fit any trailer. Look to see the gage and get a heavier one if you can since your replacing it anyway. I hated when I did it. But like anything, things happen and don't let it ruin your day Good Luck you shouldn't have a problem check etrailer out. Don't buy it from your STEALER for sure...

I wouldn’t want a stronger one; the idea is for the scissor jack to sacrifice itself and not bend or twist the trailer frame.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velosprout View Post
I wouldn’t want a stronger one; the idea is for the scissor jack to sacrifice itself and not bend or twist the trailer frame.
Its not the jack its the bolts that should sacrifice, alot cheaper.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:58 PM   #11
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
They say if you approach it at an angel you wont bottom out,A Full timer like you Should practice that?
I tried angles, sideways, slow, fast, and even just plum closing my eyes. Didn’t seem to matter what I did. They’d bottom our about every 2-3 months with the 2nd or 3rd strike doing them in.

The last set that I destroyed- I saw the approach to the Riverside campground and thought, “yep, that’s going to eat one”. Sure enough, didn’t matter what I did at the bottom of the driveway, I was scraping.

The new camper doesn’t seem to have the issue. But of course, there aren’t scissor jacks back there (yet).
Old 05-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

I have a 2015 Shamrock which should have the same scissor jacks. We purchased the camper used and 3 of the 4 scissor jacks were wobbly as all get out.. I just purchased a 4 pack of them from Amazon for $89 to replace them all, but haven't had a chance to install them yet. They seem much more well made than the stock scissors. Looking at the mounting holes though, i'm not entirely sure if they will match up... I'll let you know how they work out and post a link to them once I get a chance to install them.
Tonybrown32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:18 PM   #13

I ended up using BAL scissors jacks from CW. They fit great, are well made, and the powdercoating seems better than the stock ones.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybrown32 View Post
I have a 2015 Shamrock which should have the same scissor jacks. We purchased the camper used and 3 of the 4 scissor jacks were wobbly as all get out.. I just purchased a 4 pack of them from Amazon for $89 to replace them all, but haven't had a chance to install them yet. They seem much more well made than the stock scissors. Looking at the mounting holes though, i'm not entirely sure if they will match up... I'll let you know how they work out and post a link to them once I get a chance to install them.
Finally had a chance to install these on my 2015 Shamrock 23IKSS.. much more sturdy than the stock jacks and work well. I did have to ream out the mounting holes with a small garnishing bit, since the bracket holes didnt match up with the mounting holes on my frame. Only took an extra 10-15 min to do that for all 4 jacks... worth it for the price of these and they are much more well made.

Set of 4 5000 lb 24" RV Trailer Stabilizer Leveling Scissor Jacks w/handle & Power Drill Socket -Model# 26020 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z13SWV0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZVwbBb6Y6MK0D
Tonybrown32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, roo