Old 08-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #1
Replacing bunk ends because of rot

Looks like our trailer has some leaks and we need to replace the bunk end ASAP. Any suggestions on a DIY? Or is it easiest to order one in from forest river? If so does anyone know the aprox cost or can give me some contact info on getting a hold of someone to order in an end? Thanks. Natalie

Natpaget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #2
Canadian Member
Nathalie, unless you are very handy (I'm not!), repairing a damaged bed door panel is a big job. I recommend you order the door(s) complete with new hinges from Forest River. You'll also need the seal kit and a new decal for each door you replace.

FR contact is:

Sheri Dunlap
Parts Coordinator Forest River, Millersburg
Rockwood Roo / MiniLite / Ultralite
(574) 642-8940 direct number
(574) 343-5947 direct fax

Explain to Sheri what you are trying to do and she'll need your VIN number to ensure you get the right parts.

If you have the old style screw latches, you might want to consider upgrading your latches, too.

You'll want to be certain to stop the leak, so find the source before starting this project otherwise you'll be wasting your time and money putting new doors on.

2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew with Max. Towing
10K Equal-i-zer

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73
Fondly remembered:
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:47 AM   #3
Engineer of Crazy Train
I had my front (and only) bunk wing door done at my dealer, Rousseau's RV. It was a little over $500, complete with graphics. They had mine shipped in a camper being delivered, so it did take some time to get. If I didn't go that way, it would have cost me an easy $300+ more for crating and shipping.
TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:01 AM   #4
I did my own and it cast $400 and a lot of labor. Cmpingworld told me $700 to repair and $1200 to replace. They charged me $320 just for the 4x8 sheat of filon already ,laminated to the luan. I had to but the 1inch foam board and a piece of luan for the inside from Home Depot. The worst part was getting it all aprart and cleaned up. If you can get it for $500 that is a no brainer to me.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #5
2002 same thing, just the front. Lousy design. Should have looked more before buying. Mint otherwise. Silly thing is with the tents out, it is dry as a bone. Week of rain near Niagara Falls New York, wind etc, not a drip inside! I will be calling Rockwood about parts. I am in S/E Michigan and have a sprinter van. I will pick up as many as anyone wants if you are somewhat on the way to or from!
Trayscott is offline   Reply With Quote