Old 06-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #1

researching old files

Not getting many responses to question earlier on light emiting diode (LED) or batteries so will try this route. I have heard several of you old timers discuss led lights for rv's. How do I research old forum information on this board? I have read about which color is best or preferred for reading and where you bought them. What I am asking besides you installing them for me, is for a Rockwood Roo 233S, new model, exactly which number or model do I order to replace the main lights in my camper. I am thinking that all are exactly the same except for the one over the dinnet table. I belive there is two bulbs per fixture and around five fixtures. I know that I have read where someone on here paid around $20.00 bucks each and this is fine, cheaper would be better but I want quality also. I just cannot remember the details or where to find my answers. Put camper in for some warranty work today if Forest River approves, sure beginning to doubt RV Wholesalers in Lakeview, Ohio. They promissed the world when buying, now cannot get them to return calls or even chat with me. Had three people enter chat room Saturday and ask what they could help me with only to in about 10 minuets say they had left the room and another would help me soon. This happened thru three persons, the third being my salesman who ended up leaving the room without ever chatting other than to acknowledge me and that was it. Called today and was told Dallas Henry was there and would return my call soon, Ha Ha. Guess what no answer. The Nationwide Warranty service they promisedl is not panning out as when I called the local dealer they listed they almost laughed and said you pay us and then you deal with Forest River on collecting your money. This is long but you guys and gals are my main source of information. Am needing your help, we love our camper and were in New Mexico Mtns. from May 18th. till June 21st. Had to return for some Dr. Appointments and etc. plus get some things on camper fixed.

Again thanks in advance for your help, when in other letter today I said to HERK, I am no electrician I only meant that when you get to tech. you lose me.

2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi
Retired and ready for Mtns.
Mr.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hope this helps you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.W View Post
How do I research old forum information on this board?

The search function and advanced search are pretty good. Here's a few old threads...

LED 12 volt lighting: Long term results

Interior LED Lamp Upgrade

anyone found an LED porch light bulb that preforms as well as an Incandescent

led bulbs

What I am asking besides you installing them for me, is for a Rockwood Roo 233S, new model, exactly which number or model do I order to replace the main lights in my camper.

Have you pulled out one of the bulbs, yet, and checked its type? I'm away from my trailer but IIRC all of the interior lights take a T10 Wedge Base LED bulb, which replaces the OEM bulb types 912 or 921 wedge base bulb in an RV.

I am thinking that all are exactly the same except for the one over the dinnet table. I belive there is two bulbs per fixture and around five fixtures.

IIRC the dinette has three bulbs, stove top fan light has one bulb. All others inside have two bulbs.

I know that I have read where someone on here paid around $20.00 bucks each and this is fine, cheaper would be better but I want quality also. I just cannot remember the details or where to find my answers.

The Ebay bulbs are inexpensive but are fragile. Order a bunch and try them out. This is a good way to find if you like warm white or bright white and what level of brightness you like. Some of these LED bulbs can be too bright for certain areas in our trailer. It's personal and you will find what works best for you.

But, the better more expensive bulbs are more reliable in my experience.

Put camper in for some warranty work today if Forest River approves, sure beginning to doubt RV Wholesalers in Lakeview, Ohio. They promissed the world when buying, now cannot get them to return calls or even chat with me. Had three people enter chat room Saturday and ask what they could help me with only to in about 10 minuets say they had left the room and another would help me soon. This happened thru three persons, the third being my salesman who ended up leaving the room without ever chatting other than to acknowledge me and that was it. Called today and was told Dallas Henry was there and would return my call soon, Ha Ha. Guess what no answer. The Nationwide Warranty service they promisedl is not panning out as when I called the local dealer they listed they almost laughed and said you pay us and then you deal with Forest River on collecting your money.

Try and PM ddurnell. He is with RVW and might be able to expedite answers that you need from RVW.

This is long but you guys and gals are my main source of information. Am needing your help, we love our camper and were in New Mexico Mtns. from May 18th. till June 21st. Had to return for some Dr. Appointments and etc. plus get some things on camper fixed.[/I]

Again thanks in advance for your help, when in other letter today I said to HERK, I am no electrician I only meant that when you get to tech. you lose me.

Again, I hope this helps you. Let us know what you end up with.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote